ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Let us know if there's anything interesting said on twitch today. 

Seconding this.

Please, I have to miss this one... :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Y'know, the more I look at it.... 

...The more I want to give the Catoblepas a top hat, a monocle, and a cane.  That's right, for some reason I want to turn a party killing monster into a dapper... Player killing thing... 

If you do this, I must insist on the addition of a a bow tie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Corsair said:

No sails or rigging for the ship

Good, they really are a pain in the neck for playability. 

They needed to decide of they were making a model ship, or a piece for gaming; so glad they are leaning towards the gaming side.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Okay, not really any new, serious info today. They did like the idea of the top hat catoblepas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

My problem with twitch is stuff staying on twitch instead of migrating over to youtube at some point. Getting news from the forum is great and all but work is becoming a thing again. Twitch is blocked at work, youtube is not.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Makes sense.

I’d kind of like optional shrouds for aesthetics, but even that is getting ambitious.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Let's see, 4-5 per gun, with at least 32 guns, plus ship rigged with probably 20 topotters per mast, plus marines, officers, carpenters, cook, ... and 20% more for illness and injuries.

Call it 250 or so.

Frigates were crowded.

You might not want to try to fit all of them on the model. ::D:

As many as six men per gun for the larger cannon - with 2 and 6 being the men that hauled on the ropes to bring the cannon back to the gunport after being loaded.

My son John was tall and slim,

And he had a leg for every limb.

But now he has no legs at all,

For he lost a race with a cannonball....

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

If there were little rings or something on the booms (horizontal beams, yeah?) then we could easily attach cloth sails ourselves and make it look half decent.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Good, they really are a pain in the neck for playability. 

They needed to decide of they were making a model ship, or a piece for gaming; so glad they are leaning towards the gaming side.

Well, you can leave it up to the buyer that way if they are dedicated enough to add them.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

My problem with twitch is stuff staying on twitch instead of migrating over to youtube at some point. Getting news from the forum is great and all but work is becoming a thing again. Twitch is blocked at work, youtube is not.

I'm sure it's entirely coincidence that not ten minutes after I post this youtube happens to contain both yesterday's Reaper Live and today's Bones 5 livestream :ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So, we're less than $10,000 out now.

I guess we'll DING late at night TX time, or the wee  hours of the morning...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

I figured if I wanted rigging and whatnot, I could add it myself. But yeah, I just seems like it would get in the way.

• Like 8