ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

That’s an improvement over 34 hours to goal last hour.  Looks like folks are finally waking up and pledging now.

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Number Based on 0700-0800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,858,745
Current Total Backers: 14,280
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $31,255
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 21.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,482
New Backers This Hour: 11
Total Gain Today: $11,555
Total Gain 24 Hours: $43,034
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,284
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,793
Current Average Pledge: $130.16
Average Hourly Backers Today: 7.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,857,263
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,269

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Translucent wouldn't bother me. It's easy enough to paint over. Plus, you get the benefit of having translucent windows for the captain's cabin! 

By my reckoning, if they are to do translucent at all,  it would be best in clear translucent and not green or any other colour.

Clear gives the most flexibility:  you can stain it to any colour you want and not be limited by the green of the material, and of course you can choose to paint it normally.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, NecroticDamage said:

Super excited to be getting dark elves in core, not that I thought it was "weak" but its super nice to get a nice little squad of them, especially since they seem to not be the typical dagger/staff dark elves for  different types of encounters.

...Unfortunately I have to lower my pledge just a hair, but I would rather know everything is going through and still save a little bit for the holidays (Santa can't only come for me after all), but I am very thrilled that the pledge manager is rumored to stay around for a year as this is my first reaper kickstarter, considering the time of year, that really does add flexibility and a chance to get all you could need. 

All the same, I am excited to see just how far this can go, even if I can't toss any more in until after its over. ...Wonder if we are going to get a complete set of Chromatic Dragons? So far I have seen Blue, Green, Black, and a Shadow (not necessarily a Chromatic but evil so it can share a shelf if I can convince the wife early 2020). Very much looking forward to seeing a Red and White. 

I'm hoping the Greek 2/3 really have some cool things in them, they started off really good with the bronze golem, and cyclops but with the giant being an add on I don't know what is going to follow it up.. 

Also, as I am new here, does anyone know on average these minis will take to hit retail once all waves of the kickstarter go out and are received? Or even ones from the previous kickstarters if they haven't hit the market yet?

Pledge manager sticking around isn't a rumour, it's common practice for Reaper (and many games Kickstarters). Part of it is convenience for backers, since it allows us to spend more later; another part of it is to help ensure Reaper actually gets the information they need from each backer. Kickstarter's post-project survey system is not nearly complex enough to handle as many options as Reaper has. Just make sure you actually lock in your PM by the deadline...I think Ron mentioned (maybe it was Ed who said this) there are still backers from Bones ONE that never got they're stuff because they never locked in their order.

The red and white dragons were visible at Reapercon, there are photos in this thread and the Reapercon photos thread... I'm on my phone or I'd go dig them out for you.

I'm really hoping we see the new Yephima sculpt in the Greek expansion. She is GORGEOUS.

As mentioned, Reaper is dropping between 20 and 30 SKUs from Bones IV each month into retail channels. It'll be a while before all these are in stores.

2 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I wonder if this deceleration is something Reaper did on purpose. I mean, with Shavinra, the Greek Expansion, Spiders and the Giant things were going quite fast: maybe too fast, considering how early we are. Ruin Wights and Dark Elves aren't the kind of stuff that inspires increased pledges. Wonder if Reaper keeps this kind of stuff to reveal it when a break is needed, or it was really prepared to be revealed now. 

Maaaaaybe? But:

Every Reaper Kickstarter with the mild exception of Bones I had mid-project doldrums. The initial frenzy of "get in there quick" backers has cooled, so we're well into the phase of new backers only coming from random hits and word of mouth. There are a ton of backers who have pledged their 1 or 120 bucks and won't up their pledge until the last couple hours, once everything has been revealed. 

Also, Reaper has always, in every Kickstarter, said "what you can't see is subject to change." They want to put whatever is exciting to active backers up, so the hype doesn't lose momentum even if the pledging does... And if nothing else, our Food-fresh Friend from the comments seems to have calmed down now that the core set is less "weak." And a quiet troll is worth a day without stretch goals, if you ask me.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Maledrakh said:

By my reckoning, if they are to do translucent at all,  it would be best in clear translucent and not green or any other colour.

Clear gives the most flexibility:  you can stain it to any colour you want and not be limited by the green of the material, and of course you can choose to paint it normally.

Indeed!

• Like 5

I like the look of those new Elves.

I think, before I get too carried away, I might put in an order for some existing Bones Black minis, see what the material is like in hand (I know bigger minis work well in it, but I don't know about "normal" ones).

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I like the look of those new Elves.

I think, before I get too carried away, I might put in an order for some existing Bones Black minis, see what the material is like in hand (I know bigger minis work well in it, but I don't know about "normal" ones).

I've been painting the elf wizard lady they gave away in...August? and I really like her. Great detail on the face and the embroidered stole, I had no trouble removing mold lines, and the surface was much less hydrophobic than OG Bones. I think Bones Black is an incredible step up from the other material.

I do see where it's more brittle than OGBones, but it's no different than the Privateer Press plastics I've worked with. Normal use will not present a problem.

• Like 14

44 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

That’s an improvement over 34 hours to goal last hour.  Looks like folks are finally waking up and pledging now.

I personally only look at the 24 hour average estimate for the next unlock, until we get below 4-5 hours. Then I believe the previous hour average.

• Like 8

Number Based on 0800-0900 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,859,505
Current Total Backers: 14,281
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $30,495
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 40.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.3

Gain in last Hour: $760
New Backers This Hour: 1
Total Gain Today: $12,315
Total Gain 24 Hours: $42,398
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,232
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,767
Current Average Pledge: $130.21
Average Hourly Backers Today: 6.5
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 10.1
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,858,745
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,280
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I'm looking forwards to Yephima++ as well.  Though I suspect she might be a standalone add-on.  Just a suspicion; no actual knowledge nor heard rumor.

• Like 7

Number Based on 0900-1000 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,861,716
Current Total Backers: 14,285
Next Goal At $1,890,000
To go to Next Goal $28,284
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 12.8
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 16.0

Gain in last Hour: $2,211
New Backers This Hour: 4
Total Gain Today: $14,526
Total Gain 24 Hours: $42,513
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,321
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,771
Current Average Pledge: $130.33
Average Hourly Backers Today: 6.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 9.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,859,505
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,281
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

This last set of numbers makes it look like we might hit an unlock late tonight or tomorrow morning. 

• Like 6

I'm hoping that today is a good day for people to be talking about Bones 5 at their D&D game or hobby shop.  I know I expect to bring up that pirate ship later today.  ::D:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

I'm hoping that today is a good day for people to be talking about Bones 5 at their D&D game or hobby shop.  I know I expect to bring up that pirate ship later today.  ::D:

I feel like Reaper should release an illustrated instructional phamplet for us:  “How to Casually Introduce a 36” long Pirate Ship into the Covnersation at your Game Group.”  

I think that we’d all benefit. ::):

• Like 3
  • Haha 17