ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

6 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I just realized that a 3-foot ship won't come close to fitting in the spray booth I use for airbrushing. That could prove to be a bit of a challenge for me.

Large cardboard box + calm day = temporary oversized paint booth.

GEM

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

It's most likely out of my price range, so I'm happy for them to offer whatever brings in the most pledges.

well, currently... if the ship is solid, and...

* under $100. Then I will get 2

* under $150. Then I will get 1

* $60 (I can dream!) then I will get 3

other than that not much else has interested me in the ks. I may get the blue dragon to make in to a linnorn. And the child heroes...

I like the dark sea expansion but the stuff I like in it (merfolk and sehaughin) I would need several for a good encounter and can’t pay $50 x 5 sets to get them. 

oh if they offer cannons for individual sale, I will get a bunch extra for my play Mobil and fisher price ships. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Large cardboard box + calm day = temporary oversized paint booth.

GEM

I currently Dremel, prime, mix and pour resin all on my driveway. I have an airbrush but no compressor yet. Will borrow one to base coat and preshade my gojirasaurus. Will need extension power cord to do it on driveway with no booth. Should be a funny sight. 

A 42 yr old man on the driveway in late October/November in Toronto, with a near 3 ft long dinosaur looking model trying to use an airbrush for the first time :)

as for my take so far, no change:

* Green, blue, black dragon

* Greek + dark depths expansions

* Goroloth

* Storm giant

Sad the Godzilla model won't be khanjira size. Seems like a lost opportunity imho. Still not sure I will get it now, whenever it appears. Cloud giant for sure.  

sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Keep in mind this is my first Bones KS, but there's tons of stuff I want... More than I can afford to pledge this month, unfortunately...

2 core sets (splitting one w/ a friend)

2 dungeon dwellers expansions (1 for me; the friend wants 1, too)

1 Greek expansion 

2 of each +$14 dragon

3 of each siege weapon

2 war mammoths 

2 Rune Wight sets

2 goroloths

2 dragon folk sets (will make good Dragonlance Draconians)

1 Storm Giant

1 Ship (assuming it unlocks)

Maybe 1 each of the Dark Depths and Daimyo expansions. 

Thank the Lord the pledge manager will be open for a long time...

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 12

38 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

* under $100. Then I will get 2

* under $150. Then I will get 1

* $60 (I can dream!) then I will get 3

I like the way you think.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TripleH said:
  • Lets look at that idea but we need to research it to make sure we can get translucent in styrene and abs.~

That's what interests me. That sounds like a very different production process than Bones (PVC), possibly more like a typical plastic model kit.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

I currently Dremel, prime, mix and pour resin all on my driveway. I have an airbrush but no compressor yet. Will borrow one to base coat and preshade my gojirasaurus. Will need extension power cord to do it on driveway with no booth. Should be a funny sight. 

Should be a funny site. A 42 yr old man on the driveway in late October/November in Toronto, with a near 3 ft long dinosaur looking model trying to use an airbrush for the first time :)

sanjay

FWIW, if you go with a CO2 tank, you don't need to worry about a power cord (or a moisture trap for your line, or noise).  Your choice.  ::):

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

That's what interests me. That sounds like a very different production process than Bones (PVC), possibly more like a typical plastic model kit.

That's an interesting observation. That would make building it easier in some ways. Also could make it easier to be a modular assembly for transporting.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, StarFyre said:

Using 3.XE/Pathfinder rules or converted to 5e/pf2.0?

Sanjay

Using the 3.5 rules as originally published.  (I got all the magazines when originally published.)  I really could have used all those awesome new pirates from Bones 5, but I'm hoping that the underwater expansion gives me some fun options.  I've got the old 3.5 Stormwrack supplement which has rules for underwater races and hard-core aquatic adventuring, so all the aquatic goodies are making me very happy!  ^_^ 

• Like 10

Okay, I want the next comic edition!

BTW, who are Sophie's companions? I have got Gragg and Monique, but who are the other 2?

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Corsair said:

BTW, who are Sophie's companions? I have got Gragg and Monique, but who are the other 2?

Bert is a cleric named Bertrand I believe. 

...and just hit less than $15,000...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Andi is 03786: Andowyn Thrushmoor (available in Bones Black as 44014).

Bert is 02829: Bertrand, Monk (and mini 103 in the Bones 5 core set).

Excluding the small world heroes set from Bones 4, Monique is the only one of the five without a Bones version available or planned.  Maybe we'll see one by the end of Bones 5?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

From Izzy's Facebook

FB_IMG_1570926215253.jpg

I'm not quite certain what that dead tree critter covered in fungus is supposed to be. But for me that's going to be some sort of zombie ent.

Edited by Thoramel
  • Like 5