ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

So far, not really feeling the reveal of part 2 of the Greek expansion.  So far, only the Bronze Golem really jumps out at me, so I guess I'll be waiting for retail for him, and hopefully not having as long as of a wait for one like the Iron Golem.  Been waiting months to get a second one. 

I do know a number of people were looking forward to the new Yephima being in there, so I'm happy for them ^_^

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It looks a bit unfinished to me too.   Other than that I like it quite a bit.  Have a player who is always asking to borrow lions and gladiators.  Going to point him at this. 

i think it's the hind leg especially, but also the feet. They don't have those big exaggerated toes a lion has, but are more condensed down like a canine's. 

The knee though, seems to have too much bend to it. Both at the knee, and the curve leading from knee to ankle

but i know i'm in the minority haha, and that animal anatomy is a big part on if i will actually like a mini or not. over all part 2 is a bit 'meh' for me, but i still like part 1 enough to stay in for it

• Like 4

My only issue with the second part of the Greek expansion is there is only one Leucrotta. I need at least 5 of those! I have used those against my players and they HATE them but said it was such a fun fight!

I was already in for the Greek expac and I am happy with the second part. I wish there were a few more minis but they seem to be throwing in big stuff so I can't complain and I don't hate anything in it and will use everything they have revealed thus far.

• Like 5

My initial thought was "the leucrotta looks kind of dumb". Then I looked up the actual leucrotta and indeed it looks kind of dumb. It's supposed to look kind of dumb, like one of those "a wizard did it" monsters :mellow: Durn drunken wizards, stop snorting your spell components!

Success, then?

I already have money on this expansion. Still not regretting it ::D:

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I do know a number of people were looking forward to the new Yephima being in there, so I'm happy for them ^_^

Yeah, I bought the original Bones Yephima a year or two ago... and was quite disappointed in the size.  She's no bigger than the 2004 D&D Frost Giant mini, so I was planning to have to paint her up as a Frost Giant.  With this new Huge version, I suppose I can paint her up as a child Cloud Giant (but the fact she is sexually developed, while being the approximate proportional size of a 6-year old... kind of throws a wrench in that, at least for me).

Here she is next to the first D&D 3e Frost Giant, and the first Pathfinder Frost Giant.

image.thumb.jpeg.ba83f50634dbee2546f46b2299abcd5c.jpeg

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The Mage, Archer and Argonaut are all outstanding!

YES!!  And the giantess, of course.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i like most of it, but not a fan of the Nemean lion. I hope it's a WIp render. that hind leg looks really odd

it's almost like it has a human knee, not a feline knee

if that is for sure the finished project, then it is one i shall either be resculpting all four limbs on or box of goodwilling. No offense to the sculptor of course, just speaking my opinion. 

I noticed the same thing and posted a remarkin the comments section of the update.

GEM

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i like most of it, but not a fan of the Nemean lion. I hope it's a WIp render. that hind leg looks really odd

it's almost like it has a human knee, not a feline knee

if that is for sure the finished project, then it is one i shall either be resculpting all four limbs on or box of goodwilling. No offense to the sculptor of course, just speaking my opinion. 

33 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It looks a bit unfinished to me too.   Other than that I like it quite a bit.  Have a player who is always asking to borrow lions and gladiators.  Going to point him at this. 

9 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I noticed the same thing and posted a remarkin the comments section of the update.

GEM

And now I can’t help but think of a couple of goblins in a poorly made pantomime lion costume going out and performing nefarious deeds.AC275161-19DC-40EF-8CB7-848A762ECFE9.thumb.jpeg.9a10ecb3ff270252099c2df640e5da67.jpeg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Haha 19

16 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i think it's the hind leg especially, but also the feet. They don't have those big exaggerated toes a lion has, but are more condensed down like a canine's. 

The knee though, seems to have too much bend to it. Both at the knee, and the curve leading from knee to ankle

but i know i'm in the minority haha, and that animal anatomy is a big part on if i will actually like a mini or not. over all part 2 is a bit 'meh' for me, but i still like part 1 enough to stay in for it

It looks a bit off to me too.  Maybe it’s the render or the angle, but it looks kind of cartoony.

I think the forelegs look too thick compared to the hind legs.  The “wrists” look swollen and stiff.

• Like 3

I don't want to be nitpicky or accused of attacking the sculptor though, do I shall leave it be. 

Maybe when I get mine I shall cut it down and pose.it dead with Heracules standing over it

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

And now I can’t help but think of a couple of goblins in a poorly made pantomime lion costume going out and performing nefarious deeds.AC275161-19DC-40EF-8CB7-848A762ECFE9.thumb.jpeg.9a10ecb3ff270252099c2df640e5da67.jpeg

Oh it would be plain awesome if the head could comes off & goblins were sculpted inside of it!  Like their head & shoulders.

Make it so Reaper!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

I was already in for the Greek expac and I am happy with the second part. I wish there were a few more minis but they seem to be throwing in big stuff so I can't complain and I don't hate anything in it and will use everything they have revealed thus far.

I feel like this sums up my feelings on it - I liked how many minis the dungeon dwellers expansion had just for dollars per mini, and I'm a little disappointed that the greek expansion seems to be going to be a much smaller amount of minis, but its definitely still worth it. If part one had 8 minis, part two 7, then presuming another 7-8 gets us close to 25 minis gets us to aprox. $2 per mini.

.... and you can't really argue with a $2 hydra or giant like that.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Smokestack said:

The showed a graphic that had Yephima and said Greek expansion 2... 

I wasn’t planning on getting the Greek expansion so this probably means I have to wait til retail for her. But who knows what I will add in the PM. 

they also said they will talk to Ed about a cannon pack. I am excited for a canon pack. 

That would be awesome!

I would definitely get some of those for my Expedition into the Lost World.

• Like 3

Greek Exp keeps looking good, only up to three minis I don't like (Hydra, Lion and other Cat).

At this point, Part three could be a total failure (although I hope it isn't) and it would still be worth getting.

• Like 5

There are a few very nice things in this KS, but so far it will all be retail purchases, or maybe just a few things now.

Waiting to see what material the ship will be made off and the price tag on that one.

Should they bring out a Ship's Cannon pack, that I will get and probably that lovely Spider.

I wish there will be more of interest in the next Depth Expansion part for me.

Or surprise me with a Dimetrodon, Aztec style warriors.

If the rumours of an oldtimer ( A Ford/T-Ford?) are true then I will want that, maybe include a female explorer with a tropical helmet and a gun and I will be all over that!

( Someone has to excavate the Undead hidden in the Desert!)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1