ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I think it's the hind leg especially, but also the feet. They don't have those big exaggerated toes a lion has, but are more condensed down like a canine's. 

The knee though, seems to have too much bend to it. Both at the knee...

I had a look at several pix of African Lions after reading all these comments about the lion’s legs. The problem is:

The knee joints are closer to the ground than the sternum. 

That is what looks off. Everybody is thinking Lion King / African Lion and reacting ...’something ain’t right’. Well on African lions the sternum, the lowest point on the belly/chest, is closer to the ground than the knees. The render has it backwards. 

That said: where is/was Nemea?  I guess an extinct legendary species of lion could look different... :huh: ...was Nemea a city?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TGP said:

I had a look at several pix of African Lions after reading all these comments about the lion’s legs. The problem is:

The knee joints are closer to the ground than the sternum. 

That is what looks off. Everybody is thinking Lion King / African Lion and reacting ...’something ain’t right’. Well on African lions the sternum, the lowest point on the belly/chest, is closer to the ground than the knees. The render has it backwards. 

That said: where is/was Nemea?  I guess an extinct legendary species of lion could look different... :huh: ...was Nemea a city?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemean_lion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemea

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just woke up, I see Greek tier 2. A bit... ambivalent about. 

I mean, its great to have the female giant here: I was gonna pledge for her once unlocked, so to have her already on my greek expansion pledge saves money. Heracles and the Soldier look cool, and the nemean lion. But the rest is a bit underwhelming. The mage, the archer and the leucrotta are cool minis, but they aren't Achilles, or Perseus, or Odysseus. Or even - one can dream - part of the twelve olympics. 

How is it working, have the pledges rised significantly?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NyarlaBcn said:

How is it working, have the pledges rised significantly?

Ahhh...fist cup of coffee of the morning!   ::):

It does not appear to have had a big effect.  It looks like it unlocked between 7 and 6 hours ago, and we've risen about $5000.    But it's hard to tell with overnight pledging.  It will be interesting to see as the US starts waking up whether the new Part II stirs anything up.  Fingers crossed, but from the comments here it seems the consensus is that it was a rather "meh" reveal...

On the bright side, only 204 backers to go to the Backer Reward...  I wonder if we'll unlock that today?

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Ahhh...fist cup of coffee of the morning!   ::):

It does not appear to have had a big effect.  It looks like it unlocked between 7 and 6 hours ago, and we've risen about $5000.    But it's hard to tell with overnight pledging.  It will be interesting to see as the US starts waking up whether the new Part II stirs anything up.  Fingers crossed, but from the comments here it seems the consensus is that it was a rather "meh" reveal...

On the bright side, only 204 backers to go to the Backer Reward...  I wonder if we'll unlock that today?

Yeah, I guess with so many monsters on tier 1 people was expecting for some more on tier 2: that minotaur they shown on twitch at least, maybe a new chimera... 

Let's hope for the backer reward then. 200 backers doesn't look that far. 

Btw... I REALLY REALLY hope they think on including Odysseus. For a Greek expansion called "Greek Odyssey", to include Hercules but NOT Odysseus will be a HUGE facepalm 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Weird that they have an “argonaut” but no Achilles. :blink:

Maybe he will be in Part III?

I wonder if there will be a Trojan Horse in that set.

• Like 3

Like the leuocrotta mainly cause don't have one and the cloud giant. Rest probably be sold from part 2.  

Can't wait to see part 3.

Sanjay

• Like 2

I am looking for the smaller version of the figure the Giantess (515) based on.   My wife likes the Giantess but wants a smaller figure.  I know I saw pictures but there are too many pages to look through and the figure finder has not helped.  Can someone help?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, turbocooler said:

I am looking for the smaller version of the figure the Giantess (515) based on.   My wife likes the Giantess but wants a smaller figure.  I know I saw pictures but there are too many pages to look through and the figure finder has not helped.  Can someone help?

https://www.reapermini.com/search/giant/latest/77162

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, turbocooler said:

The original Yephima.

image.png.c3d11e56b48f5806c3e4700dbb2b70c6.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Weird that they have an “argonaut” but no Achilles. :blink:

right? 

I don't know, if you want to include human sized miniatures, since I guess it can't be only monsters... at least make it on theme: there's tons of greek heroes/gods/demigods. The twelve olympian gods may be too much, too many models, but you still have Medea, Teseus, Perseus... Imagine Achilles on a chariot, so many possibilities. Why use this chance to give us generic "kinda-greek-looking" anonymous humans?

And, again, no Odysseus will be unforgivable. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

right? 

I don't know, if you want to include human sized miniatures, since I guess it can't be only monsters... at least make it on theme: there's tons of greek heroes/gods/demigods. The twelve olympian gods may be too much, too many models, but you still have Medea, Teseus, Perseus... Imagine Achilles on a chariot, so many possibilities. Why use this chance to give us generic "kinda-greek-looking" anonymous humans?

And, again, no Odysseus will be unforgivable. 

Contrariwise, I'd rather have miniatures that might evoke a sense of the Champions - but aren't immediately obviously them (the mini I am most likely to drop into the Box o Goodwill from this expansion right now is the Hercules...) - a champion with sword and blank (polishable...) shield? Coolness! Perseus crawling out of a cave with the bloody head of Gorgon Medusa in his hands? Nah - that's great for someone making a diorama, less useful for my players to select as a PC. 

• Like 8

My only complaints about Greek Odyssey II are textual:

1. Heracles not Hercules. This is a Greek set, not Roman.

2. I hope that Yephima is named Yephima once she comes to retail.

Actually looking at the minis, I'm super excited for the larger Yephima, I like the leucrotta, and I really dig the archer and wizard. The wizard strikes a great balance between "old beardy with a staff and hat" and "plucky fresh faced youth with a book and an attitude."

The rest I'm ambivalent toward, but those four plus part one are easily worth the fifty bucks.

• Like 6