Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,204
Current Average Pledge: $131.80
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.0
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 5.7
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,949,627
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,796
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

I'm likimg the next Greek expansion.  Definitely going in on it.

I'm thinking that people may be reading too much into the expansion names though.  I don't expect the figure to hew exactly to the Odessey.  I see it as more as Greek inspired.  And I personally prefer it that way.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Weird that they have an “argonaut” but no Achilles. :blink:

Not wanting to be argumentative, but if you specifically want Achilles in a game, just use the 'argonaut' and call him Achilles (or Jason, or Theseus, or Perseus). What does Achilles look like?  If the Myrmidons couldn't tell gentle Patroclus apart from swift-footed Achilles when he borrowed his armour, how would we?

Or is this a Brad Pitt thing? ::P:

Edited by Tordelback
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

49 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

Contrariwise, I'd rather have miniatures that might evoke a sense of the Champions - but aren't immediately obviously them (the mini I am most likely to drop into the Box o Goodwill from this expansion right now is the Hercules...) - a champion with sword and blank (polishable...) shield? Coolness! Perseus crawling out of a cave with the bloody head of Gorgon Medusa in his hands? Nah - that's great for someone making a diorama, less useful for my players to select as a PC. 

The canon on how (some of them) looked is broad enough, I think. I mean, you can have a figure named Odysseus with a resemblance and some "recognizable" items (a bow, maybe?), it will serve right as anything else. True, Perseus with the Gorgon head is a bit more niche but you can also have a Perseus just with weapon and shield, and include a still-alive gorgon on the set. 

Or, if you have Bellerophon on Pegasus, well, it's just a guy on a pegasus with a spear. Very generic too, but also easy to use it as the hero itself if you want. 

The mage and the archer, cool as they look, you can't use them unless you want her to be Artemis and him... I don't know: Laocoön? 

Most of all, this second tier reduces the chances we have to see a Gorgon, a Chimera, Typhoon, a couple greek gods on the expansion and instead gives us generic stuff.

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 4

im still hoping for a titan in part 3.  they did say there was something big and to proper scale IIRC.  so thats my guess.  then as a companion piece #2 like the storm giant, i still want the hecatoncheries but i doubt that would happen.

maybe a smaller greek ship as an expansion  and a set of greek warriors to use as the argonauts?

Sanjay

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i still want the hecatoncheries but i doubt that would happen.

So, I understand simply wanting a thing (re: my desire for a Campe), and I do agree a hekatoncheries would be a neat mini... But do you have a specific reason you want one so much? Is it used in a module somewhere or something? Or is it just your own mad longing?

(Not at all an attack, just curiosity on my part... And, if there is a module that uses one, I might want that module.)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

im still hoping for a titan in part 3.  they did say there was something big and to proper scale IIRC.  so thats my guess.  then as a companion piece #2 like the storm giant, i still want the hecatoncheries but i doubt that would happen.

maybe a smaller greek ship as an expansion  and a set of greek warriors to use as the argonauts?

Sanjay

Besides heroes or greek gods (Just the six brothers!!! Please!!!) I would really be in for classic monsters. 

They could include some Harryhausen hommage and make a metal colossus as an upgrade to the bronze golem. 

As for a Titan... I don't know: how will you do it to diferenciate it, aesthetically, from other giants (particularly storm giants)? besides being bigger. 

An Hecathoncheires will be as AMAZING as crazy, I can't even imagine how could they do it. Typhoon, now I think about, is pretty similar to D&D Demogorgon; Reaper already has a metal sculpt that could be upgraded and it will be easy to re-purpose it as either Demogorgon or any kind of monster/demon/aberration. 

Satyrs, Nymphs, Greek syrens (that is, not with a fish tail), sphinxes... so many cool creatures and they give me... an archer. And a Leucrotta. 

• Like 3

Let's face it, here is no way of representing a hundred-handed giant as a mini. Imagine the disappointed counting that would fill the comments section! "That's it, only 97 hands, I'm canceling my pledge". Argus on the other hand would very nice to, ahem, see...

Edited by Tordelback
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Satyrs, Nymphs, Greek syrens (that is, not with a fish tail), sphinxes... so many cool creatures and they give me... an archer. And a Leucrotta. 

I would love to see some really nasty satyrs.

Reaper has a bunch of figures that fill the nymph and siren niche well enough for me, but I could see some new versions being of interest.

An earlier Kickstarter gave us a stunningly beautiful Sphinx from Julie Guthrie, so I doubt we'd see another very soon.

Hey! I like the archer!::P:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I would love to see some really nasty satyrs.

Reaper has a bunch of figures that fill the nymph and siren niche well enough for me, but I could see some new versions being of interest.

An earlier Kickstarter gave us a stunningly beautiful Sphinx from Julie Guthrie, so I doubt we'd see another very soon.

Hey! I like the archer!::P:

Depending on what you mean by "nasty" a studio that has some stuff is Hasslefree miniatures: a hell to order from, but really nice sculpts. 

hehe I don't dislike the Archer: I dislike it just compared with what could it be instead :d

• Like 4

I love Greek mythology but after the 2nd tier unlock  for the Greek set I'm not nearly as excited as I had hoped I would be.  I'm not sure why, I'm not looking for anything specific but it's not causing the emotional response I was hoping for.  I may pick up a single or two once they go retail at some point.  The Hydra is pretty neat.  That's OK though I'm already pushing my budget limits anyway. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tordelback said:

Not wanting to be argumentative, but if you specifically want Achilles in a game, just use the 'argonaut' and call him Achilles (or Jason, or Theseus, or Perseus). What does Achilles look like?  If the Myrmidons couldn't tell gentle Patroclus apart from swift-footed Achilles when he borrowed his armour, how would we?O

Or is this a Brad Pitt thing? ::P:

Ugh. That was a terrible movie <_< 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Depending on what you mean by "nasty" a studio that has some stuff is Hasslefree miniatures: a hell to order from, but really nice sculpts. 

hehe I don't dislike the Archer: I dislike it just compared with what could it be instead :d

Yeah, Hasslefree's incubi are in the right vein. Eventually I'll put together a large enough order to make it worthwhile, and those will be in it. TBH, they're a little skinny and not quite menacing enough for how I'd really like satyrs to look. And I honestly doubt Reaper would go that route if they made a few.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Yeah, Hasslefree's incubi are in the right vein. Eventually I'll put together a large enough order to make it worthwhile, and those will be in it. TBH, they're a little skinny and not quite menacing enough for how I'd really like satyrs to look. And I honestly doubt Reaper would go that route if they made a few.

I can't imagine any US studio going that route to be honest :) 

They are skinny, but have you seen their version of Oberon? It also fits the type. 

I'm too waiting for the right moment to make a decent order. Last time I went nearly crazy waiting. I would like some retailer (european or not, I don't even care about shippment costs with them) to take huge stocks of their minis to sell and ship at a normal pace. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There are a few very nice things in this KS, but so far it will all be retail purchases, or maybe just a few things now.

Waiting to see what material the ship will be made off and the price tag on that one.

Should they bring out a Ship's Cannon pack, that I will get and probably that lovely Spider.

I wish there will be more of interest in the next Depth Expansion part for me.

Or surprise me with a Dimetrodon, Aztec style warriors.

If the rumours of an oldtimer ( A Ford/T-Ford?) are true then I will want that, maybe include a female explorer with a tropical helmet and a gun and I will be all over that!

( Someone has to excavate the Undead hidden in the Desert!)

Jane Porter 80069

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2