ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ok ok. people, sit down. dont faint. wait for it. 

that centaur does seem a bit big for a normal centaur!!!

maybe a half demon centaur or monster of legend centaur, but i dont think its supposed to be a special one. 

yes, i said it. something was too big than what i expected.

hell...is freezing over.

regarding the minotaur - its wonderful. my second favourite minotaur sculpt of all time.  I still want a savage minotaur miniature, like the 3rd edition art, but this one is still excellent.

Cerberus - like the size, but it seems like it lacks in fur detail.

sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

26 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

maybe a half demon centaur or monster of legend centaur, but i dont think its supposed to be a special one. 

hell...is freezing over.

regarding the minotaur - its wonderful. my second favourite minotaur sculpt of all time.  I still want a savage minotaur miniature, like the 3rd edition art, but this one is still excellent.

sanjay

Whereas I want some civilized minotaurs, that would work more for PCs than for monstrous encounters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Number Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,967,197
Current Total Backers: 14,873
Next Goal At $1,990,000
To go to Next Goal $22,803
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 95.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 21.1

Gain in last Hour: $240
New Backers This Hour: 4
Total Gain Today: $23,773
Total Gain 24 Hours: $25,892
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,081
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,079
Current Average Pledge: $132.27
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.7
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,966,957
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,869

95 hours to the next goal... :zombie:  $240 this past hour... :zombie:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Number Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,967,197
Current Total Backers: 14,873
Next Goal At $1,990,000
To go to Next Goal $22,803
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 95.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 21.1

Gain in last Hour: $240
New Backers This Hour: 4
Total Gain Today: $23,773
Total Gain 24 Hours: $25,892
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,081
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,079
Current Average Pledge: $132.27
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.7
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,966,957
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,869

95 hours to the next goal... :zombie:  $240 this past hour... :zombie:

i'd imagine most people who want greek set already have added to their pledge.  So showing new parts of sets wont raise it as much as the part 1 reveal.

Showing 3 or 4 upcoming optional goals (with prices) that are awesome, would cause another spike, IMHO.

Sanjay

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

Maybe he's part Clydesdale.

Some of the old draft horses could be pretty sizable (the largest one recorded was listed over 7' at the withers and over 3,000 lbs).  That's a big horse.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Maybe he's part Clydesdale.

Some of the old draft horses could be pretty sizable (the largest one recorded was listed over 7' at the withers and over 3,000 lbs).  That's a big horse.

true

i just wasnt expecting that.  that surprised ME!  ME!  i want like every model to be bigger and they managed to surprise me :)

im curious what the elemental models are upcoming. hope its something we havent seen before, like an arrowing (plane of air).

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 6

They gave a preview of part 3 of Greek Odyssey on Twitch today. An exciting new minotaur and a huge Cerberus. Didn't see them here yet.

greek3preview.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

hell...is freezing over.

sanjay

I agree with the part about the texture of Cerberus.

• Like 6

hell...is freezing over.

sanjay

Perhaps that centaur is Nessus - who battled Heracles, and whose poisoned blood killed Heracles in turn?

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

sanjay

i can agree, but also i am okay with sculpting fur more than i am trying to fix the Nemean lion's legs xD so i can live with bland fur detail as long as the anatomy isn't super off

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

We are basically halfway through. This week will likely be the statistically worst week of the kickstarter.

the calm before the storm that is the last 3 days...

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

I agree with the part about the texture of Cerberus.

17 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i can agree, but also i am okay with sculpting fur more than i am trying to fix the Nemean lion's legs xD so i can live with bland fur detail as long as the anatomy isn't super off

I am actually beginning to suspect the texture of the Cerberus is not a fur texture at all, so much as a skin texture.

Pathfinder, at least, portrays such monsters as flayed, and largely devoid of fur. This could be a riff on that concept.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, klarg1 said:

I am actually beginning to suspect the texture of the Cerberus is not a fur texture at all, so much as a skin texture.

Pathfinder, at least, portrays such monsters as flayed, and largely devoid of fur. This could be a riff on that concept.

That’s no good. I was gonna paint him like a Dalmatian... because... you know... Spot.

• Like 5
  • Haha 13