ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

3 minutes ago, KarenG said:

Have they said what dollar amounts are needed to unlock 2 and 3 of the Dark Depths, yet? 

No. They only show the next two to unlock.

You can follow the map on the main campaign kickstarter page.

Here’s a screen cap of where we are right now:

0BFE0D74-BA34-4CD1-A562-18B5C090C5AD.thumb.jpeg.c0197ba849d41df586ae3b52c24ba50f.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, strawhat said:

Well, dalmatians are short haired, so it wouldn't be out of line for there to not be a great deal of texture.

As a side note, I didn't know that their spots could show up in liver or lemon.

Well, that makes sense. They are pretty smooth. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Am I the only one that wants to see Rakshasas pop up in the Kickstarter?

I feel like I've been summoned ::P:

Also, lol WANT

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

And yet, he always manages to survive. 

Either he must be a very good warrior, a very fast runner, or have the regenerative powers of a troll. 

We've never seen him without his helmet...just saying.

For all we know, Sir Forscale is a legendary hero, when he dies another loyal Knight is chosen to fulfill his role.

All in secrecy of course to maintain the legend of him being immortal.

It's considered an honour to be chosen, eventhough it means a certain death.

ON TOPIC:

I like to see the Oldtimer Car that was hinted at.

I hope it will be some sort of Archeological Expansion?

Maybe it will be accompanied with some pulp adventurers, bearers, guides?

Preferably in a Desert Setting..

One can hope..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

We've never seen him without his helmet...just saying.

For all we know, Sir Forscale is a legendary hero, when he dies another loyal Knight is chosen to fulfill his role.

Princess: Aren't you a little short for a knight?

Sir Forscale: Huh? Oh the uniform.

*Takes off helmet.*

I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you.

Edited by Pineapple
  • Like 2
  • Haha 19

Stretch Goal Desert, Day 2:  Food and water gone... hope fading... we  hold on to the idea that we only need 90 backers for an unlock, but even that dream seems distant... How much further must we go without sustenance? ::):

Fingers crossed we get some relief today!   Now to forage for some wild coffee...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 15

Number Based on 0500-0600 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,972,940
Current Total Backers: 14,913
Next Goal At $1,990,000
To go to Next Goal $17,060
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 39.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.6

Gain in last Hour: $435
New Backers This Hour: 5
Total Gain Today: $3,765
Total Gain 24 Hours: $23,313
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $538
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $971
Current Average Pledge: $132.30
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.3
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.9
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,972,505
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,908
Edited by Crowley
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Well, I just threw the rest of my planned budget at the kickstarter this morning. It's not as much as I plan on spending during the period when the pledge manager is open. It may not even be my final amount thrown at it before the end of the campaign. There's just lots more cool stuff that really appeals to me this time around.

Also, I'm going to have to paint that Cerebus as a 3 headed giant good boy chasing after a giant ball. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $1,973,409
Current Total Backers: 14,914
Next Goal At $1,990,000
To go to Next Goal $16,591
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 35.4
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.3

Gain in last Hour: $469
New Backers This Hour: 1
Total Gain Today: $4,234
Total Gain 24 Hours: $23,010
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $529
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $959
Current Average Pledge: $132.32
Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.9
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $1,972,940
Previous Hour Total Backers: 14,913

And off to work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

14 hours ago, izzylobo said:
14 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

These photos were posted by Jon Overton over on the Reaper Facebook page, “taken after the show”. I thought I’d share here so others could see them. 

AD04C242-E8EE-4DC9-ABBE-C367F638F7A8.jpeg

... oh my god, I think I'm in love. That's simply amazing. 
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

For those who would like to see more about how the Cloud Giant was painted, @Corporea has posted a show-off thread where she eaborates on what she did with the figure:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88587-cloud-giantess-yephima-20/

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

11 hours ago, StarFyre said:

Cerberus - like the size, but it seems like it lacks in fur detail.

7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I prefer having the cerberus with little fur. Fur makes trimming mold lines a pain in the butt. I can free-hand stipple/stripe fur in if I really want.

This is me too.  When it's not a dog breed where the long hair is actually a feature (think Husky, poodle, etc) I would much rather put a little texture in with the paint job than curse mold lines over sculpted fur any day. Especially for a very short haired / smooth coat look where most of the texture required would simply be in breaking up the edges of any highlights.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Yeah, but it should be a smaller window though.  That's some $1500 of paint and a whole week is a long time if word gets around.  The intention is to let worldwide viewers get a fair chance, the effect may be a flood of Twitch member entries from people who have never and will never watch a single minute of the stream. 

I think the object is to get word out about the KS.  Big prize tell your friends, all of them. Some might watch the stream and pledge.  The key is to keep promoting Bones 5. 

• Like 8