ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We've never seen him without his helmet...just saying.

For all we know, Sir Forscale is a legendary hero, when he dies another loyal Knight is chosen to fulfill his role.

All in secrecy of course to maintain the legend of him being immortal.

It's considered an honour to be chosen, eventhough it means a certain death.

I had painted up Sir Hue Forscale as a brilliantly-created construct by yours truly.

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Ugh.

Between Pingo's daughter and Grumpy I have the theme from The Mighty Hercules stuck in my head.

And I NEVER SAW the show!

https://youtu.be/M16jOVC5kpA?list=PLDb22nlVXGgeoPb-HBWwzEeoAwDvckSrC

This, I saw.

You need to watch all of them! That way you get to see the most annoying character, Newton. "Herc! Herc!" ::P:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ironregime said:

...a couple obelisks and ruins, ...

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

How 'bout a 4-inch ring with 9 chevrons and 39 glyph-like symbols on an inner track?

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

ooohhhh I like that!

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yes please!

2 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Talespinner designed a great portal for Bones 4 Fan Favorites.

I'm just gonna leave these here:

IMG_955.thumb.jpg.ce9fb7d3bf1768c2a75302214487a441.jpg

B323A929-E729-41C1-88CC-3560731BF667.thumb.jpeg.ac38b9baca20ac4cf9fc391c554dee1b.jpeg

7775C1D2-BA23-4783-A0CE-CAD2DE97F7A8.thumb.jpeg.e08bca4ad2731bafa9b4550114e7326f.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Is it just me, or does everyone else see faces in the runes as well?

Yah, I see a few faces:) Quite Halloweeny at that:)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I think the object is to get word out about the KS.  Big prize tell your friends, all of them. Some might watch the stream and pledge.  The key is to keep promoting Bones 5. 

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
9 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

How many could there possibly be?

Mostly one but with different set dressings.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

No, the paint set is for the twitch subscriber goal.  While this is tangentially related to the kickstarter, the paint prize itself is for that specific goal and Reaper Justin mentioned the open window for entries specifically to allow viewers from any time zone to get the word and enter.  The problem arises when this prize goes up, for an extended period, with no qualifications except that somebody A:  Be a twitch user and B: show up long enough to type "#free".  With $1500+ of free stuff (actually probably closer to $2000), no qualifications, and an open window that large there is a significant chance it will attract people with no interest in the kickstarter, or the stream, or even the hobby at all to show up and enter.  This is, particularly, a problem because the paint set was a lure to get people to work towards this goal to unlock this reward - and should the winner pool get grossly inflated by entrants who had nothing to do with reaching the goal, or even care that it existed at all, this reduces the chances of every person who DID work to achieve the goal - a fact that I imagine would make a lot of said regular participants pretty damn salty about the whole thing.  

I should note here that I'm not planning to even enter for the giveaway, on the grounds that I'm already freshly supplied with lots of paint and thus while it's a nice package it's not as useful to me as it might be to another entrant.  I don't need incentive to promote Reaper, I do it of my own free will because they've been exceptionally good to me.  I note this so it's clear I'm not pointing out the above in order to advance my own odds and self-interest.  This is not a dragon figure or a pack of pathfinder paints.  This is the whole paint line - and that's going to be a lot more attractive, in terms of effort v risk, for somebody who might only want it in order to hock it on eBay.  

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

This kickstarter needs more translucent purple. 

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yay that means I get to bring out all the corny Menhir jokes at the table again ::P:

Examples, please.  I often have menhirs in my game, so...

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

Here's the real 15k backer mini:

image.thumb.jpeg.8e625492b744027702fdd606fa376a83.jpeg

Sorry for the quality; I was watching on the Smart TV, so just took a photo of the screen. 

• Like 13

Just now, Rignes said:

I keep missing the details in Twitch.  What exactly do we have to do to qualify for an entry?  I'm a relatively new painter and would like to throw my name in the hat for a chance at a ton of paints.

Show up and type "#free" at the appointed time.  On Thursdays (and today, in about an hour) there are regular shows with giveaways.  Show up at any time while it's live before the end draw and type "#free".  That's it, all you gotta do.  

This is usually a good system, and I like that it's not limited to subscribers only.  For the big paint set, they haven't officially announced the plan - but presuming it is an announced window then when they say its from X time to Y time then show up and enter "#free" and you're in.  Good luck, and if you win 'em I hope you enjoy 'em!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Not the Kickstarter, but if you make a $40 order at reaper this month, you get a free Ghoulie bag which has a translucent purple female wraith in it. 

yep. I have that one.

I just always want more translucent in these things. you can always paint over to make it solid, but you can't make solid become translucent 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I'm half watching Monday's Twitch stream on YouTube, and they released the concept art for the 15k backer reward that will be added to the core set. It IS a three headed troll, but it is not the joke one with Dave's, Ron's, & Ed's faces. (They DID show concept art for the joke troll over the weekend, and said Monday that it will be cast in metal eventually).

hoping it's something that would stay in production or at least have a pretty sizeable production run and not something very limited in availability.....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 5