ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Clear does indeed gives tons more options.

And PFFT. Prepaints are for chumps!

Unpainted or me/party/friend-painted!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I see to recall a video where it was stated that while there would be some Chronoscope figures that it wouldn't be a big part of this KS.  And not much in the way of SCI-FI.

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I thought he said the Chronoscope expansion isn't until later on the next map.  If it's not until Map 6, that's discouraging, because they initially started this project planning on only 5 maps. 

I'm getting really discouraged about sci-fi in Bones 5.  In Bones 2, the Chronoscope expansion was revealed before the mid way point, and the first unlock of it was on Day 19 at $1,965,00. In Bones 3, we had the Blackstar Corsairs revealed AND unlocked on day 1, and the Sledgehammer unlocked on day 12 at $1,310,000. And in Bones 4, the Chronoscope expansion was revealed on Day 2 and fully unlocked by Day 12 and 1,210,000.  And here we are at day 17 and $2,031,000 and no sci-fi in sight. 

Not going to stop me from backing, because there is stuff I want, but I was really looking forward to some new sci-fi stuff this time. 

I don't think we've heard anything official about Chronoscope (through KS channels) only Ron's teasing.  I'm getting discouraged, too.  There are other places I can spend money if this KS doesn't have anything for me.  I know it's the slow week, but I'm seriously contemplating cutting back my pledge.  Right now I'm looking at ~$75 worth of items we're interested in.  And the $50 for the expansion is only because DH wants the new Yephima. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Number Based on 1900-2000 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,039,267
Current Total Backers: 15,079
Next Goal At $2,045,000
To go to Next Goal $5,733
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 4.5
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 2.8

Gain in last Hour: $1,270
New Backers This Hour: 0
Total Gain Today: $41,741
Total Gain 24 Hours: $49,702
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,988
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,071
Current Average Pledge: $135.24
Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.1
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,037,997
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,079
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,603
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 30.6
Backers to beat Bones 2 -116
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1614
Backers to beat Bones 4 1119
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 13.2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I see to recall a video where it was stated that while there would be some Chronoscope figures that it wouldn't be a big part of this KS.  And not much in the way of SCI-FI.

Sure, but I didn't think it was going to make Bones 3 look like a bounty of Sci-Fi.  Bones had only Blackstar Corsairs (5 figures), the Sledgehammer, and Space Mouslings.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

You can paint over it though...

Sanjay

But you loose the ability to take advantage of the translucent effects if you are doing any sort of color scheme change on a colored translucent figure.

GEM

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

And PFFT. Prepaints are for chumps!

Gee, thanks! <_<

If it means anything, most of the prepainted are the non-character figures. PCs are either Wizkids Unpainted or Reaper.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Let's hope it doesn't end up as an undefined blob in the finished piece. 

They could make it a separate part & have the user install themselves. I know Reaper likes to make idiot-proof minis but something like this they need to do something like this. Make it a "model". If you can't assemble a model, get a cheap plastic kit & learn!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Number Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,042,604
Current Total Backers: 15,087
Next Goal At $2,045,000
To go to Next Goal $2,396
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 0.7
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 1.2

Gain in last Hour: $3,337
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $45,078
Total Gain 24 Hours: $49,668
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $2,049
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $2,070
Current Average Pledge: $135.39
Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.5
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,039,267
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,079
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,595
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 30.9
Backers to beat Bones 2 -124
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1622
Backers to beat Bones 4 1111
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 13.2

SOONTM!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

You jest, but I would love a three headed trollop. :lol:

Okay, I can only imagine [shudders] what kind of bikini she would be wearing...

• Haha 9

11 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, I can only imagine [shudders] what kind of bikini she would be wearing...

gallery-1511277358-borat-mankini-sacah-b

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Can I ask what colour you’re using.

Usually white because I like to paint bright colors and think they pop better over white. I have used black in some situations though like when painting Garghuk. I primed him with black and then did a zenithal highlighting spray with white.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

813592675_ScreenShot2019-10-17at7_14_13PM.png.fcfa7989f5408179a909ec1229ca7669.png

They showed it again.  An artist had this on their twitch stream, and Reaper reached out, and plan (hope) to make it into a mini for the Core set.

I need that down in the depths of my soul!!! ::o: 

Spoopy time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

GEM DRAGON!
Hoping to be translucent (color not defined)

1232366218_ScreenShot2019-10-17at6_34_36PM.png.a10bda98806863e4476058b92b33681e.png

The Gem Dragon has a 2" base

Ooo gem dragon is nice, love the crystal spikes. I am also hoping for clear. (Which would most likely mean that I get more than one of them.)

• Like 10

Just now, Wyvernfire said:
3 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

GEM DRAGON!
Hoping to be translucent (color not defined)

1232366218_ScreenShot2019-10-17at6_34_36PM.png.a10bda98806863e4476058b92b33681e.png

The Gem Dragon has a 2" base

Ooo gem dragon is nice, love the crystal spikes. I am also hoping for clear. (Which would most likely mean that I get more than one of them.)

If it's cast in translucent red we get a Ruby Dragon.

If it's cast in green, an Emerald Dragon.

Blue a Sapphire Dragon, orange a Topaz Dragon, purple an Amethyst Dragon.

If it's cast in clear we get ALL of these things and more. And will need to buy a new model EACH TIME. A Jade dragon, a Lapis Dragon, a Diamond Dragon, an Opal Dragon, a Turquoise Dragon, an Onyx Dragon, an Obsidian Dragon...

A new model needed EACH TIME.

Think of teh monies, Reaper... A new model for every gem...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I need that down in the depths of my soul!!! ::o: 

Spoopy time!

ReaperPeeps are looking for suggestions for a name for it, they gave details on how to submit them but audio was so bad I didn’t catch them.

• Like 6