ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I didn’t see it either. I was wondering if they got the audio to behave. 

Watch it later I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

This is what they alluded to in yesterday's ... Bones 5 Live? (Maybe Reaper Live.)  Different colors of translucent, and it would be random which one came in your core set.

Really hope they do a clear as well as other colors, assuming they go that route, as there is a clear gem dragon in D&D.

Did he state what size that base was?  I'm assuming 130 mm?

Yes, 130 mm.  Though it looks like whomever assembled it got the two middle legs on the one side reversed as they should both be touching the base. Oh, well.  It is clear in the file and China cuts things up and keys them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Jon Overton posted this over on Facebook:

86FB5907-254A-42F5-A6ED-9E4994C5EF6A.jpeg

Ok so 130mm base or 5 inch base is shown there.  Looks like it might need a 150mm because its really overhanging.

• Like 5

Number Based on 2000-2100 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,076,635
Current Total Backers: 15,208
Next Goal At $2,090,000
To go to Next Goal $13,365
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 8.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 9.4

Gain in last Hour: $22,905
New Backers This Hour: 90
Total Gain Today: $29,445
Total Gain 24 Hours: $34,031
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,338
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,418
Current Average Pledge: $136.55
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 3.9
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,074,976
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,200
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,474
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 26.3
Backers to beat Bones 2 -245
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1743
Backers to beat Bones 4 990
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 10.5
Edited by Crowley
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Did he state what size that base was?  I'm assuming 130 mm?

yes 130mm.. but i have not been able to get them to answer if it is attached to the base or not

• Like 1

Just now, SamuraiJack said:

yes 130mm.. but i have not been able to get them to answer if it is attached to the base or not

i believe it is unattached, based on comments from @TaleSpinner 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

i believe it is unattached, based on comments from @TaleSpinner 

They had stated before it was unattached but are debating and discussing with the mould maker about a base.

• Like 5

It has no base.  When Ron and I discussed it he said that for retail they would likely include a 130 mm black base, but they weren't sure yet. I assume that for the KS, it will just be the spider, unless they add one at the factory in China. At any rate, I can't imagine why we would have gone to all the trouble of ensuring that it is free of a base only to attach it to a base (it was literally part of my design parameters to be baseless).

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Just had the thought that it would make a great mount for a Dark Elf knight as well.  Might have to do some surgery with the bottom half of one of the mounted figures from Bones 4 and the top half of one of the Dark Elves from the Core..

This made me wonder if taking the dark elf queen from Bones 4 could make the spider into a drider, maybe even a Lloth miniature based on how big it would be. I did some picture editing to see what it could look like. 

0850D825-D754-4571-923E-7CA8152BF6F9.thumb.jpeg.f7d5893f6ccc4a0053894f096b1f6ddd.jpeg

(my wife may kill me if I end up ordering two of these, since she doesn’t want me to get even one. Haha!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

Well....I started designing a drow howdah about a week before I finished it.  I want a Matron on a throne with 2 daughters behind her on its back, maybe with a male driver on the cephalothorax.  Bear in mind, this is the first I have spoken of this to anyone, and it certainly isn't in the works other than the back of my mind.

So yes, a howdah would be awesome.

Holy cats! They NEED to make that as an add-on for this campaign.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Holy cats! They NEED to make that as an add-on for this campaign.

I'm not a very fast sculptor, and others are way better at people than I, though I wouldn't mind doing the howdah.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Did you click on Update #42?

Yes, and it wasn't there, but it did show up after update 43, so who knows. But what I meant was there should be a pic of it on the main Kickstarter page, which at the time of my original post,

it wasn't. 

• Like 4