ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

If you have time, another question for you, How tough would it be to make a saddle for putting on various minis with the flexibility of Bonesium?

Also, we need a Dire Monitor Lizard! Or just call it a Shotalashu from Pathfinder.

Less than 13k to go this time.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7

Number Based on 2100-2200 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,078,383
Current Total Backers: 15,207
Next Goal At $2,090,000
To go to Next Goal $11,617
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 6.6
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 7.9

Gain in last Hour: $1,748
New Backers This Hour: -1
Total Gain Today: $31,193
Total Gain 24 Hours: $35,158
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,356
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,465
Current Average Pledge: $136.67
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,076,635
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,208
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,475
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 21.7
Backers to beat Bones 2 -244
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1742
Backers to beat Bones 4 991
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 8.7

We actually did gain -1 backers this hour...  :blink:

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Ok so 130mm base or 5 inch base is shown there.  Looks like it might need a 150mm because its really overhanging.

I absolutely plan to use a 150mm base (Colossal in D&D 3.5; there is no 5" base size in D&D... It jumps from 4" to 6")

• Like 5

Just now, ksbsnowowl said:

I absolutely plan to use a 150mm base (Colossal in D&D 3.5; there is no 5" base size in D&D... It jumps from 4" to 6")

You should be able to make some really nice scenery for it then with that size base. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I did have a cat start freaking out at my T'Raukzul mini at one point, but she didn't attack it. Just kept looking at it and watching it for a while...

My cat has gone after my B4 Roc several times. Finally had to put it where she can't get to it. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 3
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Only problem is finding someone who actually sells a 150mm base... Reaper doesn't. I haven't looked overly hard elsewhere, though. 

I would check Hobby Lobby for a thin wood disc or get a piece of sheet styrene and just cut one out of that. Okay, weird idea here, Maxwell House Coffee comes in a squared plastic container now. The lid is a nice thick piece of plastic that should cut fairly easy and is big enough.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Only problem is finding someone who actually sells a 150mm base... Reaper doesn't. I haven't looked overly hard elsewhere, though. 

I take it that you don't find the 74064 160mm base close enough to 6"? 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

How was it?

Funny. My wife & I just got back from it. The Madison character is a very funny addition.

• Like 5

They posted an interview with Bobby Jackson and Julie Guthrie to YouTube. At at the 6:30 mark Bobby makes a comment about having Jason and some argonauts in the Greek Odyssey expansion, to which Ron alludes to it being a part of the expansion. They also reference having a Golden Fleece. 

link: https://youtu.be/n3Ltq5R3Y6U

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

17 hours ago, dwarvenranger said:

As someone who moved out to 5 acres in the countryside 3 1/2 years ago and has been working on turning it into a farm ever since, let me warn you that it's a *lot* more work than it looks like. Ergo, you will have a great deal less time for minis/models/gaming.

Not planning on "farming", although there will be wild horses coming through on a fairly regular basis.

The plan is to leave as much as possible in natural scrub and sagebrush.

Most of the "weeding" will be done with a grading tractor.

After the initial improvements are in there won't be a whole lot of yard work to do as the area is arid and gets enough snow every year to keep most of the more annoying kinds of weeds in check.  We will basically be in the rain shadow of the Sierra Nevada range so there isn't much surface water available to encourage weed growth.  The snow is on the dry side so it doesn't contribute much to the surface water.  There is good water at circa 200 to 240 feet throughout the area and our well driller is confident they will hit the good gravels at between 200 and 220 feet on our patch of ground.

GEM

1 minute ago, Ardeus said:

They posted an interview with Bobby Jackson and Julie Guthrie to YouTube. At at the 6:30 mark Bobby makes a comment about having Jason and some argonauts in the Greek Odyssey expansion, to which Ron alludes to it being a part of the expansion. They also reference having a Golden Fleece. 

link: https://youtu.be/n3Ltq5R3Y6U

The "Golden Fleece" is likely a euphemism for this Kickstarter.

I'm hearing a lot of wallets crying out in agony.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

13 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Glad you've been getting some use out of them.  I've been using Gloss Mod Podge and a tooth pick to make the window panes.  I've also found that painting the resulting "glass" with Tamiya clears makes a pretty good looking stained glass effect. 

that sounds like Winterset. 

I got really discouraged about Bones 5 yesterday, and dropped my pledge down to a minimum.   The only reason I'm still in right now is the siege engines, and maybe the ship. I'm getting frustrated with Reaper's scattershot approach to Chronoscope - there are so many great ideas in that line that would be great for tabletop skirmish games, except for the fact that there is only one sculpt. One of the things that makes the Bones line great in fantasy is the inexpensive horde creatures like kobolds and goblins - but other than the NOVA Corp and IMEF, Reaper doesn't seem willing to do that for Chronoscope. 

We've been there!

Stayed at the Covered Bridges Inn for our visit to Marion Morrison's childhood home.

"Who's Marion Morrison?" most people are asking.

You will be familiar with his screen name, John Wayne.

The museum is quite interesting if you are a film buff.

GEM

• Like 9