ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Is that kneeling ranger part of it?

Anyway, I'm thinking, this would also make a great photo backdrop item!

image.png.fc1b29f28230e0669e87c08b37d85c8d.png

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

No offense to Cadirith, but the new spider looks much better overall.

Maybe Cadirith is the male, and this is the female?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Is that kneeling ranger part of it?

Anyway, I'm thinking, this would also make a great photo backdrop item!

image.png.fc1b29f28230e0669e87c08b37d85c8d.png

In the email it says
Kings tracker
Gallowgard gate
4 skeletal troops
Lord Karastan the deathless.

1 minute ago, PaganMegan said:

Maybe Cadirith is the male, and this is the female?

That means Cadirith isn't going to be around much longer...

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

In the email it says
Kings tracker
Gallowgard gate
4 skeletal troops

Right that's the King's Tracker.

Thx!

• Like 6

It looks to my untrained but eager eye that the top of the wall above the portcullis looks hollow. Hollow-ish, at least. I wonder if it could be cut out and a raisable one could be put in. Or if Reaper would kindly make such arrangement s out of the gate?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Cadrith is a demon spider. Demons don't die, they discorporate, return to their plane of origin for a variable amount of time and PLOT REVENGE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

Let me explain what I mean.

As a stand alone piece, they sort of had to add semi-ruined walls on the flanks to add some visual interest. On the other hand, those same spots make it difficult to integrate into another set of walls. What good is an armored gate if your walls are already falling down? As part of a larger castle it would've been better modeled with edges that can stand flush against other walls.

I think it's a cool piece, I just think it's hard for it to serve both aims well. At $18 it's an easy pass for me even though I think it's nicely sculpted.

I know how I plan to use it.

Ruined gate with a pallisade built out from it.

Pallisades are easy to model. ::):

• Like 12

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

I like the gate set, but totally not among my needs. Must focus budget tight.

May your fortunes shine brighter than mine

...must...have...castle...set...

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

As a stand alone piece, they sort of had to add semi-ruined walls on the flanks to add some visual interest. On the other hand, those same spots make it difficult to integrate into another set of walls. What good is an armored gate if your walls are already falling down? As part of a larger castle it would've been better modeled with edges that can stand flush against other walls.

Totally get trying to integrate it into another set of "in repair" fortifications.

But, walls can be made of spells, too.  Which wouldn't surprise me in a situation where a large number of retainers look to have already passed beyond the veil.  Or if it's held aloft by magic, or rests on a tor.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I know how I plan to use it.

Ruined gate with a pallisade built out from it.

Pallisades are easy to model. ::):

Would also be good to swap in for a gate section that was destroyed during a siege game.

I have seen people repurpose cut up sprue bits as rubble piles, so very doable.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

In the email it says
Kings tracker
Gallowgard gate
4 skeletal troops

Or they are Avondales.

Grump LOVES Avondales. <_< "Mommy and Daddy spider, raising the kids together. It's so DISNEY!"

Right, honey. Disney. :rock:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Or they are Avondales.

Grump LOVES Avondales. <_< "Mommy and Daddy spider, raising the kids together. It's so DISNEY!"

Right, honey. Disney. :rock:

And honestly, intelligent male spiders would probably show up with a pig or cow or something to satisfy that post mating urge to gorge. We humans, for instance, don't ALWAYS fling poo and thump our chests at challengers. We save that for election years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Aside from the ship, that spider is still the thing that I want most so far.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've just thought about something and I'm so excited... 

The spider's encounter: Shelob, or the spider's of the dark forest. 

This gate: The gate to Minas Morgul. 

Can you imagine something like the tower of Orthanc? Or even Dol-Guldur!! 

Imagine that... evil stronghold tower as another encounter. Idk, a 50$+ one if needed. Omg I would be SO in....

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NyarlaBcn said:

I've just thought about something and I'm so excited... 

The spider's encounter: Shelob, or the spider's of the dark forest. 

This gate: The gate to Minas Morgul. 

Can you imagine something like the tower of Orthanc? Or even Dol-Guldur!! 

Imagine that... evil stronghold tower as another encounter. Idk, a 50$+ one if needed. Omg I would be SO in....

You make me regret that I can only like a post once.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Cadrith is a demon spider. Demons don't die, they discorporate, return to their plane of origin for a variable amount of time and PLOT REVENGE!

thats why you destroy them on their plane...

Sanjay

• Like 5