ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Wow!

Tricksy Rainbow Sculptor. Clever ReaperRon.

Having a Bones V sneak peek hidden in plain view like that.::o:

Well done!

*starts flipping through the Sculpting threads to see if there any more hidden gems*

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I wish sirens were already out. I intend to have a siren encounter at some point in the upcoming future. I need to make sure that our ranger bangs a walrus. He's the only one who has been interested in getting lucky. Obvious target to mess with - sirens lure him to the walrus ladies... the walruses get funky.

Are you playing in the "Disenchantment" universe?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Less than $30,000 now to the next goal.   That might be a hard reach for a Sunday...maybe a Monday morning unlock?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Less than $30,000 now to the next goal.   That might be a hard reach for a Sunday...maybe a Monday morning unlock?

Probably, IMO. But I have been pleasantly surprised before.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Or you cold get two and make them book ends. 

I don't understand people who have space on their shelves for things like bookends... 

Anyway, here's Wonderwall this morning's stats. 

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,115,416
Current Total Backers: 15,327
Next Goal At $2,145,000
To go to Next Goal $29,584
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 29.7
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 21.6

Gain in last Hour: $997
New Backers This Hour: 4
Total Gain Today: $5,267
Total Gain 24 Hours: $32,926
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $658
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,372
Current Average Pledge: $138.02
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.3
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,114,419
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,323
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,355
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 23.1
Backers to beat Bones 2 -364
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1862
Backers to beat Bones 4 871
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 8.5
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Number Based on 0700-0800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,116,127
Current Total Backers: 15,330
Next Goal At $2,145,000
To go to Next Goal $28,873
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 40.6
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 21.3

Gain in last Hour: $711
New Backers This Hour: 3
Total Gain Today: $5,978
Total Gain 24 Hours: $32,460
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $664
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,353
Current Average Pledge: $138.04
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.4
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.2
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,115,416
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,327
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,352
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 23.3
Backers to beat Bones 2 -367
Backers to beat Bones 3 -1865
Backers to beat Bones 4 868
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 8.6
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

... the Colossal Red dragon (which they actually made on the wrong-size 8" base... It should be 6" to properly fit the game rules of the time)..

Actually, Colossal is base size 6" +. Anything larger than 6" is also "Colossal" so the 8" square base for the great wyrm red isn't outside the rules. It's just not as clearly spelled out. But it's why a lot of Reaper's biggest monster minis wind up on larger bases when I'm done with them, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Once it gets to the "holy crap that's big" stage, I'm not particular about the sizes.

Once Reaper puts together something like this, I'm out. No more. Done. I quit. Finished. Game over, man.(maybe)

GC80I.jpg

Note: Those are NOT epic scale space marines in the picture.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 7
  • Haha 13

14 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

So here's the text from the update.  I hadn't realized this beauty was done by @Rainbow Sculptor!   I hope they're offering a choice and not a random...the wording seems vague to me.

"At the same time, if we can get 5,000 social media engagements, we'll be adding this Gem Dragon by Christine Van Patten to the Core Set! The Gem Dragon sits on a 2" round base and will come in a translucent color (undetermined at this time) OR in translucent clear."

And here's some background text for the Brinewind revenants...

0dfae0b93c0bc9bd19db21a44093d3e4_original.jpg

And another @Rainbow Sculptor treasure was hidden at the bottom of the update:

74947291_2402618419787173_380425392508370944_n.jpg

Well, just discovered there's a whole thread for these Siren/Water Nymph/Nereid figures by @Rainbow Sculptorhttps://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88552-nereids/&

Boooooooobies!

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

On 10/19/2019 at 2:13 AM, StarFyre said:

https://www.wargamestournaments.com/product/round-bases/  they cut bases and have even larger than 150.

GW has 160 but gw is very overpriced.  i like their bases though.  i use rectangular bases (so squares, etc) so i made a rubber mold of their largest rectangular bases and pour resin to make my own.  

if you dont care about the style of round bases, message me. i can check - i should have various sizes of mierce, GW, etc round bases.   can just send them.  

i really like the new bones spider.  i think its look is even better than the arachnarok BUT of course, due to the high detail plastic and multipart, the detail in the arachnarok wont be met with bones, even bones black.  I think my preference now is: Gol Gul, reaper bones, arachnarok.

if ppl want to get an idea of a high end job on a spider, including adding hairs to its legs and webs, check this out (not my work):  

ecec86c30910c5ae1c16337396b9ada6.jpg

heres a tutorial on how to do the webs that he put up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBWtuG54QU

the hairs are fake eye lashes.

Sanjay

You know, until I saw that picture, the humonguous evil spider mini didn't bother me at all. SHUDDER.

If we make ours look like that, Jenny would leave the room every time it was on the table.  :zombie:

• Like 6
  • Haha 10