ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

21 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

You know, until I saw that picture, the humonguous evil spider mini didn't bother me at all. SHUDDER.

If we make ours look like that, Jenny would leave the room every time it was on the table.  :zombie:

...................So you're getting two, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Modelling spider-webs without an airbrush is going to be interesting. I'm trying it with the Cave Spider from Bones 4 and a custom base I made up for it. Hoping to get some decent results with dryer sheets, but we'll see.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

...................So you're getting two, right?

Maybe.

One to paint like that, and one cartoony so Jenny doesn't run from the table. ::P:

She had NO problem with Grump's giant Hula Drider.  But my smaller driders gave her the heebie jeebies.

Grump's giant Hula Drider managed to be CUTE! <_<

We have a lot of Bones driders. Mine are black, Grump's are brown and green.

Mine are cave driders, his are wood driders. Mine are EVIL! and want to KILL you. His are friendly and want to TALK to you!

Mine are Aberrations, his are Fey.

Mine serve a Demon Queen, his dance in the woods.

But his little driders skeeved Jenny just as bad as my little driders. It was just his big drider that didn't bother her. Maybe it was the ukelele? Or the fiddle on the other one. Grump's big driders are musicians. Strings.

I haven't done one of the big ones yet. I am thinking I will borrow from Kali Ma, and steal the torso from a Marilith demon. Lots of arms and legs, lots of weapons, and lots of poison. Killy, not dancey.

I would love to see a Bones Black spider demon/ giant drider.

Hint, hint. ::P:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

Once Reaper puts together something like this, I'm out. No more. Done. I quit. Finished. Game over, man.(maybe)

GC80I.jpg

Note: Those are NOT epic scale space marines in the picture.

the pic on the left; i saw that massive scene at warhammer world.  for those who dont know, in 40K, its the seige on imperial palace on terra, with Horus, Sanguinius, the Emperor and legions of space marines, many primarchs, etc.

that warlord titan is based more on how the artwork and novels depict them.

fe5212125c2bbc34f602dffc59d22843.jpg

still my favourite warhammer titan art :)

i know FW cant make titans or the insane warmachines to proper scale but really dont like the design of the current FW warlords... 

they made the manta; i say should have made em 3 ft tall :P (manta is 3 wide). they know apocalypse players will still transport them :)

us warhammer ppl are nuts :)

here's other images of that same battle scene:

500px-Siege_of_Terra1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Modelling spider-webs without an airbrush is going to be interesting. I'm trying it with the Cave Spider from Bones 4 and a custom base I made up for it. Hoping to get some decent results with dryer sheets, but we'll see.

dryer sheets are good BUT dense.  most spiderwebs, unless you got some insane Arachnaphobia (film) thing going, it wont fit for all webs to look like that.

i recommend trying to separate them a bit; keep some areas denser, some areas very light, etc.

I'm happy my suggested reference image for spider models and webbing is creeping ppl out :)

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

dryer sheets are good BUT dense.  most spiderwebs, unless you got some insane Arachnaphobia (film) thing going, it wont fit for all webs to look like that.

i recommend trying to separate them a bit; keep some areas denser, some areas very light, etc.

I'm happy my suggested reference image for spider models and webbing is creeping ppl out :)

Sanjay

The tutorial I was looking at online recommended taking small amounts and stretching them out quite a bit, which was my plan.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

The tutorial I was looking at online recommended taking small amounts and stretching them out quite a bit, which was my plan.

oh nevermind then - you already know what you doing :) :)

Sanjay

• Like 4

We have lot of huge things, which are neat, but IMHO a lot less useful than tiny things, both on the game table and on the painting table.

Bones black would be perfect for a set of tiny monsters, familiars or companions, and one set of them could cover soooo many of the most commonly used tiny creatures.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

oh nevermind then - you already know what you doing :) :)

Sanjay

I certainly wouldn't say that :poke: I'm hoping to see how it looks when I'm done, but securing the webs is something I'm not 100% on yet...

• Like 3

Just now, Disciple of Sakura said:

I certainly wouldn't say that :poke: I'm hoping to see how it looks when I'm done, but securing the webs is something I'm not 100% on yet...

you can dip the parts that need to attach, into a solution of water and glue.  just enough to make a few parts sticky.

apply it where you want it at the sticking pts, and it should be good. i've done that for small webbing.  BUT its been maybe 15 years since when i did it :) and it was a very small area so may not work as well as you would need.

Sanjay

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vulture said:

We have lost of huge things, which are neat, but IMHO a lot less useful than tiny things, both on the game table and on the painting table.

Bones black would be perfect for a set of tiny minsters, familiars or companions, and one set of them could cover soooo many of the most commonly used tiny creatures.

As I recall, the Bones 1 familiar pack was a top seller.  I'd love to see how much better they could look in Bones Black.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vulture said:

We have lost of huge things, which are neat, but IMHO a lot less useful than tiny things, both on the game table and on the painting table.

Bones black would be perfect for a set of tiny monsters, familiars or companions, and one set of them could cover soooo many of the most commonly used tiny creatures.

I agree, I'm a bit saturated on the humongous mini front.

The ship might be the exception, but I don't need huge monsters now.

I like some vehicles and boats and terrain stuff though.

And the Spider..that's a must, and still a reasonable size, big, but not over the top.

I want it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pineapple said:

Once it gets to the "holy crap that's big" stage, I'm not particular about the sizes.

I'm the same way. Honestly, I'm not really particular about base size in general, but once we get to 3" base of bigger (aka giants and dragons and... other really big things... ) I don't worry too much about it. 

Missed the last hour's numbers. I'll get the next one. 

• Like 7

I'm still not as excited as I hoped to be.

Could it be that I've become picky?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Or it could be that as an avid reaper fan, they've already made everything you yearned for and requested?

Edited by emmagine
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm still excited, even though I'm not jumping up and down in excitement every time. I'm sure I'm going to spend a lot on this stuff, too.

• Like 6