ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Just now, emmagine said:

Or it could be that as an avid reaper fan, they've already made everything you yearned for?

Aside from a few things, this might be true.

Still going to get the spider!

I hope the smaller boat that was hinted at makes an appearance soon, that looked interesting!

• Like 4

Untitled.thumb.jpg.87b02568d56db3a54b64993953a2a120.jpg

Here is the updated graphs for Bones 5 vs the Bones 2-4. Bones 2,3 were stretched to equalize the days.

Bones 5 projection in Yellow is if Bones 5 gets the same money as  Bones 4 for the remainder of campaign. The %Projection (Green) is based on my belief that we will grow more than Bones 4 due to the larger number of backers. I used the the % of total (for Bones 4) for each of the remaining days extrapolated for Bones 5. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, dschumm said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.87b02568d56db3a54b64993953a2a120.jpg

Here is the updated graphs for Bones 5 vs the Bones 2-4. Bones 2,3 were stretched to equalize the days.

Bones 5 projection in Yellow is if Bones 5 gets the same money as  Bones 4 for the remainder of campaign. The %Projection (Green) is based on my belief that we will grow more than Bones 4 due to the larger number of backers. I used the the % of total (for Bones 4) for each of the remaining days extrapolated for Bones 5. 

Thanks for posting this.  I think the % projection makes more sense as well, which would put the total well over $4M.  No reason to expect that B5 will start tracking like B4 if it’s been higher than B4 up until now.

Series 7 is Bones 1?  Also, is Bones 2 not plotted?  It’s in the legend, but i don’t see it on the chart.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I agree, I'm a bit saturated on the humongous mini front.

The ship might be the exception, but I don't need huge monsters now.

I like some vehicles and boats and terrain stuff though.

we're the reverse. We feel like we have enough adventurers, NPCs, bad guys, and generic monster villains to be set. 

So now i'm just after stuff to paint, which is the humongous minis and the monsters haha

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dschumm said:

Just haven't added Bones 1 yet. But 1 was definitely a different animal to the others

Of course - wasn’t thinking.  B1 would look totally different.  So is B2 the dark blue/series 7?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

we're the reverse. We feel like we have enough adventurers, NPCs, bad guys, and generic monster villains to be set. 

So now i'm just after stuff to paint, which is the humongous minis and the monsters haha

Oh I like the big monsters, just nothing as big as Maáldrakar anymore ( except the ship) I do hope the Undead Giant of the Core Set will become an add on like they did with Gauth last time.

I like that Zombie Giant, he will be fun to paint with those vultures and that cartwheel.

And I hope the Witch from the core set will be released in metal and soon!

She's absolutely divine!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm still not as excited as I hoped to be.

Could it be that I've become picky?

Maybe. I am happy for all this, but I also am going "wow, I have a lot from Bones IV, and my interests are less aligned right now". Don't get me wrong, Bones V has a lot of stuff I'd like. More of it is hitting a note of "that would be useful for a game" than "I am inspired to paint that" though. Except maybe the dragons. I really like high detail painting, and Bones material just isn't the best for that. It has a different purpose, and that's good. But.... I really want to sling cash at some high detail resin figures.

So I think what I'm in for, at least initially with B5, is "useful" stuff. I'll add more in the PM later.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Maybe. I am happy for all this, but I also am going "wow, I have a lot from Bones IV, and my interests are less aligned right now". Don't get me wrong, Bones V has a lot of stuff I'd like. More of it is hitting a note of "that would be useful for a game" than "I am inspired to paint that" though. Except maybe the dragons. I really like high detail painting, and Bones material just isn't the best for that. It has a different purpose, and that's good. But.... I really want to sling cash at some high detail resin figures.

So I think what I'm in for, at least initially with B5, is "useful" stuff. I'll add more in the PM later.

Yes I agree.

Althought the new Bones Black has better detail and that makes it more interesting.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh I like the big monsters, just nothing as big as Maáldrakar anymore ( except the ship) I do hope the Undead Giant of the Core Set will become an add on like they did with Gauth last time.

I like that Zombie Giant, he will be fun to paint with those vultures and that cartwheel.

And I hope the Witch from the core set will be released in metal and soon!

She's absolutely divine!

oh yes, i would like to get that zombie giant when they split up the core.

i also want the gem dragon if it unlocks, the pizza dragon, i'm oddly amused by the dire cabbage, if the rumored dice set shows up i'll get that,  and i want the dire well thingy

• Like 4

I'm not happy with the Dread Wolves, I would have wanted them, but they're missing their eyes.

That's a big turn off for me.

• Like 4

I'll be curious how the Core breaks up. There's enough in there that I'll likely wind up just buying the whole thing like I have in the past. Even the stuff I don't love, I can probably still find a use for.

I'm debating the Villagers add-on. I get a second set of villagers in Bones 4, so I think I may actually be hitting saturation for villagers, but the children minis are a nice addition...

• Like 7

I know I'm in for one core. What parts of the core breakdown I'll acquire really depends on what that breakdown is. At the moment no individual mini or grouping leaps out at me. I'll hold off judgement until I get the chance to see what the final breakdown is.

• Like 5

BLASPHEMERS!! HERETICS!!! You all need at least one of EVERYTHING!!!!

If all of you naysayers raise your pledges by at least $10, I'll put in a good word to the hobby gods on your behalf.

• Like 3
  • Haha 13