ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

A variety of reasons... 

- reactions

- curiosity if the game is actually worth $80 CAD (or $130, or etc) 

- watching people confront their phobias and utterly fail, but keep going (Markiplier and Five Nights At Freddie's comes to mind - he's rather afraid of animatronics...) 

- we will watch people paint or sculpt on Twitch! 

I suspect it's a glittery wolf that's been known for holding its paw over this big purple button labeled "biggest glitter bomb ever - untested, but should coat the entirety of Texas"... (purple text) 

I'm rather curious as to how much that little ship is going to be, looks about perfect for all sorts of things...  Sure, I want the big ship, but I might want 3-4 of the smaller one... 

The little ships would be perfect for smugglers fleeing from the big ship.

22 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I would personally like some 1/1 scale earwigs and silverfish in Bonesium.

At the usual 1"=5' scale, those would be some pretty creepy crawlies.

No! Absolutely not! Keep your horrifying ideas to yourself!! 

Bleh! Earwigs! Bleh!

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

The brine goblins definitely helped push me over the edge for Dark Depths.

Any chances some proper gillman adventurers will be in the third part? I've done two versions of my triton cleric as blue humans but by the time things ship he'll be due for a third. ;)

Also, late on Spider Chat, but I'd love some jumping spiders! The drow in my home game have them as their default spider motif instead of the black widowy ones.

• Like 5

Number Based on 1700-1800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,149,517
Current Total Backers: 15,466
Next Goal At $2,190,000
To go to Next Goal $40,483
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 17.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 41.9

Gain in last Hour: $2,382
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $17,235
Total Gain 24 Hours: $23,191
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $958
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $966
Current Average Pledge: $138.98
Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.9
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.2
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,147,135
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,458
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,216
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 21.9
Backers to beat Bones 2 -503
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2001
Backers to beat Bones 4 732
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 7.2

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

So do ya'll believe that there will be surprises in Part III of the Greek Odyssey Expansion, or have we seen everything already?

My Google search says that, apparently, stirges have origins in Greek mythology.

I'm going to be big mad if there aren't any stirges.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, criticalhit said:

So do ya'll believe that there will be surprises in Part III of the Greek Odyssey Expansion, or have we seen everything already?

My Google search says that, apparently, stirges have origins in Greek mythology.

One can hope, but be prepared to be "big mad," I guess...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, criticalhit said:

they hinted at something cool (and if i recall correctly, to proper D&D scale) in part 3 of greek.  I'm betting on a Titan. (which i need for the campaign I DM - one of my players normally uses the form of a titan ) :) 

Sanjay

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Those are usually depicted as weird owls, rather than batsquitos.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, corbie said:

Those are usually depicted as weird owls, rather than batsquitos.

I would settle for the weird bat-bird sculpt in Bones Black:

Striges

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

they hinted at something cool (and if i recall correctly, to proper D&D scale) in part 3 of greek.  I'm betting on a Titan. (which i need for the campaign I DM - one of my players normally uses the form of a titan ) :) 

Sanjay

How would you tell the difference between a giant and a titan? They're both big (25' tall, 3' base" humanoids... 

Number Based on 1800-1900 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,150,734
Current Total Backers: 15,474
Next Goal At $2,190,000
To go to Next Goal $39,266
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 32.3
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 40.0

Gain in last Hour: $1,217
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $18,452
Total Gain 24 Hours: $23,557
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $971
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $982
Current Average Pledge: $138.99
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.2
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.1
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,149,517
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,466
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,208
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 22.3
Backers to beat Bones 2 -511
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2009
Backers to beat Bones 4 724
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 7.3
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

I would settle for the weird bat-bird sculpt in Bones Black:

Striges

Oh dang, if they aren't in the KS I may have to grab the metal versions. Those are some good, good stirge boys.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

How would you tell the difference between a giant and a titan? They're both big (25' tall, 3' base" humanoids... 

not familiar with 5e that much but in 2e, 3e, titans base height was taller than even storm giants (and the advanced versions got even larger).  In 2e, they also had a grouping of greater titans which were one step from being gods.  In 3.XE, these could be titans with Divine Ranks and epic powers from epic level handbook, etc.

3e srd (online -free) says titans start 25 ft. Storm giants about 21.

Essentially, im hoping for something taller than my GF9 Storm Giant :) (the height of mossbeard would rock and make me so happy - or even like an inch or so shorter)

sanjay

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

oooo clam and big eel, and those goblins are oddly endearing

Those are goblins? Ok.

I was already mostly in on that but now it's for sure. I like the fishes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ironregime said:

I'm pleased that Reaper continues to offer such an affordable entry-point every couple of years. Bones 5 is a no-brainer for D&D players who don't have very many miniatures,.

This is certainly my situation. I've been a player for decades but only occasionally, and never a mini painter. I've been painting for a month or so, and love it. A collection builder like this is such a welcome opportunity. I'm also buying minis at my FLGS and online, so the kickstarter has made me a consumer in multiple ways.

• Like 12