ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

55 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

they hinted at something cool (and if i recall correctly, to proper D&D scale) in part 3 of greek.  I'm betting on a Titan. (which i need for the campaign I DM - one of my players normally uses the form of a titan ) :) 

Sanjay

i'm concerned it's actually just the minotaur, but i admit i don't know what is and isn't correctly sized, including Reaper's older miniotaurs. Is the new, larger miniotaur that will be in that expansion more appropriately sized to what it should be?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'm concerned it's actually just the minotaur, but i admit i don't know what is and isn't correctly sized, including Reaper's older miniotaurs. Is the new, larger miniotaur that will be in that expansion more appropriately sized to what it should be?

Past minotaurs have been appropriately large-sized for D&D.

I don't know what size minotaurs are in other systems.

Pics from ReaperCon make the new minotaur look larger than necessary, but not so large as to cross over into huge-sized territory. 

Edited by criticalhit
  • Like 6

I am really wondering if we will even see any Chronoscope, Steampunk or even just general sci-fi. Over 50 stretch goals or add-ons have been announced without anything in these genres.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I am really wondering if we will even see any Chronoscope, Steampunk or even just general sci-fi. Over 50 stretch goals or add-ons have been announced without anything in these genres.

That's why I rolled my pledge back to minimum - I needed a way to show my frustration with the situation. I'll bump it back up to my budget as soon as they reveal anything sci-fi. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

That's why I rolled my pledge back to minimum - I needed a way to show my frustration with the situation. I'll bump it back up to my budget as soon as they reveal anything sci-fi. 

I only am committed to $20 right now, I can use that much for paint if all else fails.

• Like 5

:rolleyes: You know those posts all belong in randomness, and they're just gonna get culled from here...

Number Based on 2100-2200 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,157,364
Current Total Backers: 15,506
Next Goal At $2,190,000
To go to Next Goal $32,636
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 32.0
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 30.4

Gain in last Hour: $1,019
New Backers This Hour: 8
Total Gain Today: $25,082
Total Gain 24 Hours: $25,801
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,091
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,075
Current Average Pledge: $139.13
Average Hourly Backers Today: 4.8
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.8
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,156,345
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,498
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,176
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 18.9
Backers to beat Bones 2 -543
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2041
Backers to beat Bones 4 692
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 6.0
Edited by Crowley
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crowley said:

You know those posts all belong in randomness, and they're justy  gonna get culled from here...

Yep.

Posts removed.

Pleased stay on topic.

• Like 3

Just now, Corsair said:

@TheAuldGrump we need a pic of your "hula" spider!

Currently with Sam - she borrowed it for a side game that she is writing then running.

Along with the female fire giant from WizKids - I had them at my game for the Razor Coast - in an area that they are nowhere near, at the moment. Sam is copying an encounter I ran in the Regency Space game. Sans the adult situations that were also a part of the encounter. One of the female fire giants got very friendly with Jon's barbarian after the trial. (And was run by Jon's wife, Julie. ::): It helped that the challenge was something that the heroes could reasonably be accepted to succeed at - in this case a bout of wrestling between Jon's Enlarged barbarian and the female fire giant. Julie had the giant steal his loincloth during the fight.)

The ukulele came from a party supply store, part of a Hawaiian themed pack. (And was the only reason I got the package - the rest was, well, kinda cheesy.) 

The grass skirt was made from green stuff - I first tried using fake hair, but it just looked awful as the grass skirt. Not entirely happy with the green stuff, but it was much better than the fake Hallowe'en hair painted green. <_< )

It was an idea - it was, however, not a good idea. I still think it might work, but not with whatever polyester fiber was used on the fake hair - coated with diluted Modge Podge, then painted green, it looked like fake hair covered in diluted Modge Podge, and painted green.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I am picturing that mounted on the walls of a super villain organization.

Maybe replace the disk with a light source.

Jenny would HATE that! :lol:

ARACHNID, World's Fifth Largest Evil Organization.

I would suggest using an LED panel for the disk. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

I feel like those gobbos deserve a close up.

C3344D3C-9FE6-4AE0-B882-E1CC3282D12B.jpeg.1daddc2e965116ed156b06c57526058b.jpeg8171101F-7943-4A56-9640-46790ECECA47.jpeg.964bfbf06fd35e7787daf731d00f39e7.jpeg

Beautiful. I love them.

27 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

ARACHNID, World's Fifth Largest Evil Organization.

I would suggest using an LED panel for the disk. ::):

The Auld Grump

spiders aren’t evil! They’re just misunderstood!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, criticalhit said:

Past minotaurs have been appropriately large-sized for D&D.

I don't know what size minotaurs are in other systems.

Pics from ReaperCon make the new minotaur look larger than necessary, but not so large as to cross over into huge-sized territory. 

Ravnica PC race Minos are medium size. Pretty sure Minos in Pf are large as well.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Ding!

Boy that went up quickly!

Up next!

fullsizeoutput_56e2.jpeg

YES!

Dolphins!

DIre Moray!

Killer Clam!

Devil Ray!

AAAARRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Maybe killer clams do. Maybe fantasy clams do. Who knows, seems like a very minor nitpick though . Clams are often show with pearls. 

Maybe this carnivorous fantasy species makes them to lure in prey like foolish treasure seeking divers. is amazing what made up species can explain away 

*** David Attenborough Voice***

And here in the unexplored dark depths of the Ocean we see this giant clam.

Just recently we discovered that this magnificent crustacean uses the tip of it's tongue to lure it's prey closer.

It's tongue resembles a glowing pearl, in this deep darkness a light like that will attract anything.

We know so little of this planet's Oceans!

It seems we're in luck! Look at that large fish, it's being attracted by the light!

As it comes closer it stretches out an arm to...wait...arm?

What is this? It can't be!

Mermaids are...real? Astonishing!

What a discovery!

Oh no! The Clam closes, the poor creature is trapped!

Look how it wriggles in agony!

Wait, there comes another one, a female of the species I presume, just look at those magnificent...ehhh..eyes!

This one seems to carry some sort of trident, she is trying to free her mate.

What a sight, we're extremely lucky to be able to witness this!

The Deep is full of unknown lifeforms, this must be the discovery of the century!

Wait, what have we here?

Do you see that? Just behind the Clam there seems to be a faint glow, it's getting brighter, something is getting closer!

Something big!

It's almost like a giant eye!

Never before has mankind encountered such a creature, look at that!

Those crablike limbs, that huge eye, what is it?

Excuse me, I have just been informed by the Captain that for our own safety the submersible will need to resurface.

Till next time!

• Like 8
  • Haha 9