ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I wasn't really excited till now.

Those fish and eel are excellent and the Dolphins made it into Bones!

*** Runs around in circles***

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nice waking up to less than $25,000 to goal!  Must have had good pledging overnight.   Fingers crossed we will manage to reach the next unlock today!

Meanwhile it's off to forage for coffee...   

• Like 6

Y'know, it's kinda weird; I am excited about this KS, and there's a LOT of cool stuff being made, but I just can't bring myself to babysit this one. I check it once, maybe twice a day and that's it. I've skimmed this thread, but by no means have I read every word. It's kinda whatever happens, happens.

>shrug<

• Like 8

I've been following Bones V since its launch. I backed 3 and 4; I nearly own all of 4. 

5 has some really great ideas brewing, especially with the Encounter set pieces, however, I find it to be pretty underwhelming so far. The Core set and the Daimyo set don't have a strong attraction from me, the dark depths, greek odyssey and brinewind have potential, but I doubt they'll be completed goals.

The extras have nice models, and the ship that was teased was BY FAR the most interesting, at least to me. I doubt we'll see it. Bones 4 is a hard thing to live up to. There were SO MANY good things about it that I understand bringing that kind of fire again may be taxing. 

As 5 stands nothing is scratching any itch I have, I felt like 4 had more bang for my buck. Unless some more things stick out, I don't think I'll be a Bones V backer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,167,068
Current Total Backers: 15,533
Next Goal At $2,190,000
To go to Next Goal $22,932
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 21.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 17.5

Gain in last Hour: $1,080
New Backers This Hour: 3
Total Gain Today: $8,626
Total Gain 24 Hours: $31,494
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $1,078
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,312
Current Average Pledge: $139.51
Average Hourly Backers Today: 3.0
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 5.1
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,165,988
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,530
Backers to beat Bones 1 2,149
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 17.6
Backers to beat Bones 2 -570
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2068
Backers to beat Bones 4 665
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 5.5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I need basic monsters that I can use to run "out-of-the-box" adventures on game night.

Every expansion has one or two basic monsters that I can use and a lot of niche minis that I can't use, which will leave me waiting for retail on everything but select pieces from the core set and add ons.

• Like 1

I've been following Bones V since its launch. I backed 3 and 4; I nearly own all of 4. 

5 has some really great ideas brewing, especially with the Encounter set pieces, however, I find it to be pretty underwhelming so far. The Core set and the Daimyo set don't have a strong attraction from me, the dark depths, greek odyssey and brinewind have potential, but I doubt they'll be completed goals.

The extras have nice models, and the ship that was teased was BY FAR the most interesting, at least to me. I doubt we'll see it. Bones 4 is a hard thing to live up to. There were SO MANY good things about it that I understand bringing that kind of fire again may be taxing. 

As 5 stands nothing is scratching any itch I have, I felt like 4 had more bang for my buck. Unless some more things stick out, I don't think I'll be a Bones V backer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kendal said:

As 5 stands nothing is scratching any itch I have, I felt like 4 had more bang for my buck. Unless some more things stick out, I don't think I'll be a Bones V backer.

I'm hoping the ship will unlock.

Also there is a smaller boat, somewhere earlier in this thread someone showed it.

If you pledge one Dollar you can back and have access to the Pledge Manager.

That way if something shows up you will be able to get it for KS prices.

And else, one dollar isn't much and you can always cancel at the last moment.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kendal said:

I wouldn’t be too pessimistic just yet. Reaper has never not completed an Expansion set, so I’m sure we will see all those filled out before the end. There’s still a lot of unlocking to occur.  Also, given the amount of time and effort Reaper has put into the development and promotion of the pirate ship, I would bet good money (figure of speech, not endorsing betting on the forums) that we will certainly see it before the end. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

I need basic monsters that I can use to run "out-of-the-box" adventures on game night.

Every expansion has one or two basic monsters that I can use and a lot of niche minis that I can't use, which will leave me waiting for retail on everything but select pieces from the core set and add ons.

This is the BONES V thread:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88310-reaper-bones-5-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&page=336

In answer to your post, maybe you might want to wait till they split up the Core Set, usually one can buy parts of that, like the villagers, or the elves I think.

That way you might get what you need?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Also, given the amount of time and effort Reaper has put into the development and promotion of the pirate ship, I would bet good money (figure of speech, not endorsing betting on the forums) that we will certainly see it before the end. 

Yesterday on Reaper’s fireside chat, ReaperJon answered a question about the boat and said it would be revealed next week... so it sounds like we will get a chance to throw money at it soon. I am not die hard about anything in this ks... but have no doubts that all the expansions will be fully realized by the end. 

• Like 8

I'm pleasantly surprised by Part II of the Dark Depths Expansion.

The Eel and the Clam, the Dolphins and that Devil Ray are my favorites, combined with the grouper,the seahorse, the sharks and the crocosaurus and dunkleosteus it makes a great set.

I will also use the merfolk and that beholder, not sure about the Ogres, I have little need or desire to paint those, the goblins are nice, in the worst scenario one could chop them up and make fish / crab parts.

Now all we need is a little shipwreck,  maybe a large octopus and a sea dragon!

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Kendal said:

Oh ye of little faith!  I have no doubt we'll round out all expansion and unlock the ships.

0.000% doubt. 

• Like 9