ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Just now, Chris Palmer said:

Didn’t they release the last part of the Barge, the oarsman and lost souls, in the Pledge Manager?

The part they missed was the ghostly fire or water or spirit stuff that was originally supposed to be around the barge. 

But yeah, the barge was supposed to have a part 3 that never unlocked.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Didn’t they release the last part of the Barge, the oarsman and lost souls, in the Pledge Manager?

Well they did release those later. It wasn't clear at the time (or since) if it was a mini expansion or there was more that people didn't get to because it was introduced too late. Not really a huge deal.

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:

The part they missed was the ghostly fire or water or spirit stuff that was originally supposed to be around the barge. 

I thought the spirit water was shelved because it was proving hard to make. I swear I remember an update about that. Or maybe that was just the base of the ship.

I also remembered there supposedly being a part 3.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

10 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

Well they did release those later. It wasn't clear at the time (or since) if it was a mini expansion or there was more that people didn't get to because it was introduced too late. Not really a huge deal.

I found the update. In this update from Bones 4, Reaper announced and unlocked  the ferryman and lost souls as the Part 3 of the expansion. 
  There was supposed to be a water base, but that wasn’t made due to production difficulties , not because it wasn’t unlocked. 

Here is the unlock of part 3 of the barge: 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/posts/1985948

Here is the art work, and you can see the base was mentioned with the first unlock, and was nothing more than a “water base”

26486FE5-D833-4335-80B3-9CB6F20E6529.jpeg

345B6697-3369-4A51-9F41-11840EA055BB.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I found the update. In this update from Bones 4, reaper announced and unlocked  the oarsman and lost souls as the Part 3 of the expansion. 
  There was supposed to be a water base, but that wasn’t made due to production difficulties , not because it wasn’t unlocked. 

Here is the unlock of part 3 of the barge: 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/posts/1985948

Here is the art work, and you can see the base was mentioned with the first unlock, and was nothing more than a “water base”

26486FE5-D833-4335-80B3-9CB6F20E6529.jpeg

Yeah, with the addition of the ferryman and the lost souls, it came out to 13 (LOL) figures with the barge.

OOPS, make that 14. 13 souls and one ferryman. Call him Bilbo.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is the BONES V thread:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88310-reaper-bones-5-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread/&page=336

In answer to your post, maybe you might want to wait till they split up the Core Set, usually one can buy parts of that, like the villagers, or the elves I think.

That way you might get what you need?

Somebody moved my original post here from elsewhere, so now I look like I came into the "enthusiasm" thread to complain. That wasn't my intent.

Edited by criticalhit
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skallabjorn said:

Yeah, with the addition of the ferryman and the lost souls, it came out to 13 (LOL) figures with the barge.

Well you then need to discuss if the Barge really was an Expansion, or just an Add-on.  You will note all the offical Expansions contain these word “Expansion” in the name. The Stygian Barge, was called just that, there was no “Expansion” included in the title. So I don’t think it was supposed to have a large figure count to begin with. And to be honest, the size of that barge makes up for a lot of figures...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/description

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

How big will that Moray be?

Any ideas yet?

4 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Somebody moved my original post here from elsewhere, so now it looks like I came into the "enthusiasm" thread to complain. That wasn't my intent.

I don't think you came off that way.

At least not to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Well you then need to discuss if the Barge really was an Expansion, or just an Add-on.  You will note all the occipital Expansions contain these word “Expansion” in the name. The Stygian Barge, was called just that, there was no “Expansion” included in the title. So I don’t think it was supposed to have a large figure count to begin with. And to be honest, the size of that barge makes up for a lot of figures...

The second unlock for the barge was only the five passengers, so I am pretty confident the ferryman plus the  5 lost souls (3 are doubles) were intended as the third stage of that one.

• Like 4

So, if I do a Facebook post with “#bones5core” that counts as one social media engagement, right? :blink: 

I don’t social media much.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

So, if I do a Facebook post with “#bones5core” that counts as one social media engagement, right? :blink: 

I don’t social media much.

No idea - Facebook makes things difficult. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

either way, I feel like "sea" is the predominant element here, with the ship, pirates expansion and depths expansion. Hadn't realized before there is so much interest on water themed minis. 

Or If we look it from another perspective, maybe Reaper decided on the Ship as the BIG THING this time, and then built this water-y expansions to give people all they need for a sea based campaign/diorama. 

If that was the plan, the title Escape from the Pizza Dungeon seems a bit odd... I wish there were more classic dungeon critters, but many of those have already been made. The Dungeon Dwellers expansion is my favorite for this reason!

• Like 4

OK, I have what I think is a reasonable compromise for a "sci-fi" add-on set that could be called "Alien Beasts"

These are all existing models which would have crossover to both fantasy and sci-fi. 

Krungbeast 14139 
https://www.reapermini.com/search/14139

Shadebeast 14638
https://www.reapermini.com/search/14638

Nhoolyan 14221
https://www.reapermini.com/search/14221

If Reaper wanted to be even nicer, they could add just the beast portion of this one:
Kargir Tundra Beast Rider 14632
https://www.reapermini.com/search/14632

And if they really wanted to be nice, do those four beasts AND throw in some beast from @TaleSpinner's or Izzy's imagination, and have TaleSpnner sculpt it. 

25 minutes ago, Joshinminn said:

If that was the plan, the title Escape from the Pizza Dungeon seems a bit odd... 

Unless Sophie and Friends will be escaping by ship. 

Edited by kristof65
fixed Kargir link
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, criticalhit said:

Somebody moved my original post here from elsewhere, so now I look like I came into the "enthusiasm" thread to complain. That wasn't my intent.

The moderators here will do that on occasion. Sometimes they will cull posts out of a thread and make a new thread. 

They move things to keep the threads somewhat true to the original topic or to consolidate all posts about one topic in one place. 

No worries. 

• Like 4

was thinking what would be awesome and maybe drive alot of sales due to teh ship being there. a massive sea monster in segments.  Ranging with segments from like 1 ft tall to several inches. great for dioramas or multi part bases to show size.

something like this:

sea-monster.jpg?resize=597,446&ssl=1

regards,

Sanjay

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1