ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

45 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I wonder about those jerks who pledge and drop by the thousands, can't Reaper see who they are?

Isn't it possible to exclude them/kick them out

I saw mention in the KS comments that they can mute or ban people altogether. Apparently this happened in Bones 2; Reaper Bryan slew the trolls... Thus we got troll slayer Sophie. 

Not sure if Reaper can see exactly who is pumping, then deflating their pledges.  It's possible, & may have been involved in the aforementioned troll slaying. 

In either case, it was noted that the trolling & pledge pumping are not anywhere near as bad as it was in Bones 2 or 3, apparently. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Did I read mention of an officially-sanctioned trading thread?

There’s nowhere on the forum where outright trading is allowed, but over on the Miniatures Exchanges and Contest sub forum , there is often a Box of Goodwill (BOGW) started that let’s you sign up to be part of a round robin style  pot luck trade box.  You take out miniatures you want, and put in an equal amount of stuff you don’t want and send it along to the next recipient in the chain.   It’s a lot of fun.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Shifted from Daimyo to Brinewood Expansion for now.

I liked the style at first but I think Brinewood  is going to blow it away. Guessing wagon in part 2 and small boat in 3.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, dschumm said:

I liked the style at first but I think Brinewood  is going to blow it away. Guessing wagon in part 2 and small boat in 3.

I have many undead Samurai and Oni already and I don't like half of the set.

Brinewood might turn out to be cool and combined with the dark depths it will be very useful for my Lost World Project.

• Like 8

Number Based on 0600-0700 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,299,358
Current Total Backers: 15,960
Next Goal At $2,345,000
To go to Next Goal $45,642
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 62.8
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 34.7

Gain in last Hour: $727
New Backers This Hour: 2
Total Gain Today: $5,823
Total Gain 24 Hours: $31,608
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $728
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,317
Current Average Pledge: $144.07
Average Hourly Backers Today: 1.9
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.0
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,298,631
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,958
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,722
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 17.9
Backers to beat Bones 2 -997
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2495
Backers to beat Bones 4 238
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 2.5
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

There’s nowhere on the forum where outright trading is allowed, but over on the Miniatures Exchanges and Contest sub forum , there is often a Box of Goodwill (BOGW) started that let’s you sign up to be part of a round robin style  pot luck trade box.  You take out miniatures you want, and put in an equal amount of stuff you don’t want and send it along to the next recipient in the chain.   It’s a lot of fun.

Let is also be said that the BOGW is almost always full of miniatures from the Bones Kickstarters, as well, ranging from most recent to Bones 1 as of this year.  Heck, someone even tossed in a Chief Mumlak so it's not always just 'random Kobolds you already got doubles of"

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Or execute them?

71.jpg.63f648a2025c1466db671702c24ed2b0.jpg

"Me Grimlock say 'Execute them!'"

Also, I wasn't planning on getting two dwarf sets, but doubling up on the zombies and terrain is really tempting...

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

No female dwarves? Awwwwww......... (wasn't actually expecting any, but I do love me some female dwarves)

Well, you know, the non-PC population is less than one quarter female <_<

8 hours ago, Ardeus said:

Reaper made a comment in the KS comments that we may get a female dwarf elsewhere in the campaign. 

5FBEC5CD-8B88-40B7-9359-C0CDAB3E6A98.thumb.jpeg.7b8ff48c5b70c7eb05497a26935cc802.jpeg

Why just one? 

Seriously, I love this encounter set. I loves me some dwarves. But it’d be great to see more females. The twin to that statue could have been a female dwarf holding an axe, then I’d have a great statue of Haela Brightaxe. 

Whatever.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Shifted from Daimyo to Brinewood Expansion for now.

43 minutes ago, dschumm said:

35 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have many undead Samurai and Oni already and I don't like half of the set.

Brinewood might turn out to be cool and combined with the dark depths it will be very useful for my Lost World Project.

Isn't it "Brinewind?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Isn't it "Brinewind?"

I might have read something wrong there..

do_not_ask_me__i_am_confused.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Number Based on 0700-0800 Reaper time today:
Current Total Pledges: $2,300,156
Current Total Backers: 15,963
Next Goal At $2,345,000
To go to Next Goal $44,844
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour: 56.2
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg: 34.5

Gain in last Hour: $798
New Backers This Hour: 3
Total Gain Today: $6,621
Total Gain 24 Hours: $31,226
Average Hourly Pledges Today: $736
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours: $1,301
Current Average Pledge: $144.09
Average Hourly Backers Today: 2.0
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours: 4.0
Previous Hour Total Pledges: $2,299,358
Previous Hour Total Backers: 15,960
Backers to beat Bones 1 1,719
Days to hit Bones 1 based on 24 hour average 18.1
Backers to beat Bones 2 -1000
Backers to beat Bones 3 -2498
Backers to beat Bones 4 235
Days to hit Bones 4 based on 24 hour average 2.5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, Skallabjorn said:

A couple of people have been requesting stirges in the comments, so we could see them in this KS or as a future release. Reaper has the sculpts in metal, at 2 for 4.99, so they may think that is enough. Me, I want a whole Blood Bank worth of Stirges, a dozen or more, and in metal that would hit about 30$.  A bit much for a flock of low level monsters.

People have been calling for stirges since Bones became a thing. I'm reading certain people were calling for stirges when the Legendary Encounters prepainted line was a thing.

I suspect (IANAE, this is pure WAG speculation on my part) the reason they never made stirges in Bones is that they are very small. The original Bones familiars were... Not great. Things that small, especially with spindly probosces, seem difficult for Bonesium to handle well.

Which is to say: we want stirges in Bones Black! 

Bones Black Blood Bugs!

Bones Black Blood Bugs!

Bones Black Blood Bugs!

Bones Black Blood Bugs!

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I thought it was funny how everyone else called it the same thing.

Just @Glitterwolf showing off his leadership.

• Haha 9