ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 minute ago, StarFyre said:

i must ahve missed something. why is wave 1 not important for canada?

sanjay

Because CANADA...gets their broccoli before everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, StarFyre said:

i must ahve missed something. why is wave 1 not important for canada?

sanjay

If they do what they did last Kickstarter, all Canadian orders will be picked and packed seperately from the US into two shipping crates, with one going to Vancouver (to ship to the western provinces) and one going to I think it was Ontario (to ship to the Eastern provinces).  Since they were all picked at the same time, wave number did not matter for us.

• Like 5

Just an FYI that the Core Zombies and the Halloween Pumpkin Knight and All Hallows Eve have been added to the Pledge Manager (but not the core add-on graphic).  The pack of 4 Zombies is $5, and the Halloween freebies are $3.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Incidentally, I wouldn’t be interested in historic ww2 guys. If they had weird sci-fi or steam punk elements the. I would be on board. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

My guess is because reapers customers are generally in the fantasy market. Or at least the largest segment is.

like Burger King makes french fries because that is what their customers expect, even though countless others make french fries... but Burger King doesn’t make tacos because it’s not what they are known for, and others already do... or at least they shouldn’t make tacos....

or remember the MC pizza or the mclobster? Yeah I’m hungry again. What was I saying?

Ummmmm, 

v2y6hsqz2aqqx5imqrc0.jpg

(I know what your getting at but I saw this & thought it was funny)

Sad thing is Reaper had it's foot in the door for Weird War 2 stuff with the that one game (whatever it was called). I think when it first came out, there wasn't that much Weird War 2 stuff out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, PhantomAsh said:

Oh, I'm not really too picky myself honestly - I'm very prone to just making up my own monsters anyway. I was just mostly curious I hadn't seen the complaints roll back around, and somewhat prepared that I might set it on the table and someone will say "that's not a real white dragon" and I have to say, "well, it now sets you on fire anyway".

::D:

I've long been of the opinion that a dragon needn't look anything like what a lay-PC might think it looks like. "It's called a red dragon because of the small red flash below its eyes. The black dragon lacks that flash and is thus entirely gray."

5 minutes ago, ironregime said:

I find this line of reasoning bewildering, considering the much larger number of huge fantasy mini companies that Reaper competes with (successfully).  Why is it ok for them to compete with the likes of WizKids, GF9, Games Workshop, Iron Wind, Privateer, etc. but not ok for them to compete with Warlord, Victory Force, etc.?

Historicals are generally a low-volume business for any specific model. Reaper hasn't built a market presence in historicals and it would be an uphill slog to enter into that fray. OTOH, they are (and have been for decades) a major player in fantasy miniatures, so it makes sense to capitalize on that position.

Which is to say that it's not about "OK", it's about "unlikely".

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

or remember the MC pizza or the mclobster? Yeah I’m hungry again. What was I saying?

Yes.  I miss Pimma as a number of people I was around called it (because they angled the McDonald's "M" to look like a "z".  And then I totally forgot about it, because it didn't last all that long.  I was much happier when Pizza Hut introduced the Panormous pizza...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

... but ti's also a vastly different audience from who they usually sell to, with different expectations and a different kind of sculpting.

This right here is why I feel Reaper would be better off sticking to Weird War 2 over plain WW2.    The expectations of those looking to play Weird War 2 are more in line with Reaper's strengths. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, haldir said:

Ummmmm, 

v2y6hsqz2aqqx5imqrc0.jpg

Yeah, I have had it. It’s $1 and not good... 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Ummmmm, 

v2y6hsqz2aqqx5imqrc0.jpg

They still shouldn't make it :pukey face:

I mean, that’s their promotional picture and it STILL looks revolting! Not even the food make up artists could make it look good!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Smokestack said:

Yeah, I have had it. It’s $1 and not good... 

If I want cheap tacos, I'll just get Jack n Box' 2 for whatever it is these days. Usually with a cheap burger.

Must sleep! I still need to glue some minis to bases & then find all the minis for tonight's games!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I have the great temptation to grab that Wave 1 just because it's Wave 1, but.....I go against my instincts because I realize that I'm Canadian too. :mellow:

But then you could apologize for taking it!

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ummmmm, 

Sad thing is Reaper had it's foot in the door for Weird War 2 stuff with the that one game (whatever it was called). I think when it first came out, there wasn't that much Weird War 2 stuff out.

"Reich of the Dead" as I recall.  Played a scenario at RCOn 2011.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

If I want cheap tacos, I'll just get Jack n Box' 2 for whatever it is these days. Usually with a cheap burger.

Must sleep! I still need to glue some minis to bases & then find all the minis for tonight's games!

Do they not have Taco Time in your land?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1