ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 minute ago, Cranky Dog said:

$1.22 Million in 24 hours is a "respectable amount".

Thinking back to Bones 4, I never expected this much, this fast.

So far, B5 is ahead of every other Bones KS at this point of the game. 

Well ahead of Bones 4, and just barely ahead of Bones 2.   I expect that it will continue to pull ahead of B2 as the day progresses. 

• Like 6

I'm happy for Reaper, though the amount of pledges surprises me a bit. I have not yet seen that many things that I really want (guess 1000s of Kickstarter minis from different companies will make you jaded ... though dragonmen and catfolk are definitely calling my name). Maybe a lot of new people who don't have a stash as big as mine and want a "basic" foundation for the mini collection?

• Like 5

I would say we are a pretty decent amount ahead of Bones 2. 24 hours in we are about $270k ahead of Bones 2 already

Edited by neomage2021
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So far, B5 is ahead of every other Bones KS at this point of the game. 

Well ahead of Bones 4, and just barely ahead of Bones 2.   I expect that it will continue to pull ahead of B2 as the day progresses. 

One thing to note is that Kickstarter funding patterns have changed this year.  Many of the bigger Kickstarters have smaller finishing surges relative to their initial surges.

That's not to say that Bones 5 won't finish higher than all previous Bones campaigns, but the medium isn't as predictable as in years past.

• Like 9

Just now, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I'm happy for Reaper, though the amount of pledges surprises me a bit. I have not yet seen that many things that I really want (guess 1000s of Kickstarter minis from different companies will make you jaded ... though dragonmen and catfolk are definitely calling my name). Maybe a lot of new people who don't have a stash as big as mine and want a "basic" foundation for the mini collection?

Or possibly word has gotten around that Bones has improved in quality (with Bones 4 and Bones Black).

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

One thing to note is that Kickstarter funding patterns have changed this year.  Many of the bigger Kickstarters have smaller finishing surges relative to their initial surges.

That's not to say that Bones 5 won't finish higher than all previous Bones campaigns, but the medium isn't as predictable as in years past.

Even though we have started really strong, I still think around $3.5 million is going to be the final number. Maybe close to 4

Edited by neomage2021
  • Like 1

I think that folks are getting weary of investing heavily in new/questionable companies on KS. That is why you see such a strong support here. Even though there were delays on B4 they did keep us up to date on what was going on. AND them they delivered! Look at Catalyst Games Battletech KS, it smashed their expectations, even though their previous KS had delivery problems due to their shipping company. They changed companies and are keeping buyers up to date.

People are leery of some companies because of past issues.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Oh, I don't worry about the finish pattern when they drop the pirate ship / Asian ship during the last 48 hours ;)

i still wonder, if they showed something big on the map - something special - a crazy show piece model (like a ship, a giant monster, a special type of reaper model like a special sophie, etc) would that help cause a larger increase during lulls.   

Like if ppl knew, that 5 steps on that map from now, is an asian ship , would people now add 25-50 to their pledge now?  

Sanjay

• Like 2

Wow so not keeping up. I wish pictures would get moved to the first page. Pretty much everything in the early morning update is gone already- there'll need to be more soon it seems.

Now to scroll 5 more pages.

So far not feeling the Daimyo expansion. The dinos in pt1 just do nothing for me. I would never be able to use them and would have to store or sell, both of which are a hassle.

Thing in the well if it's gettable separately will be mine.

Hopefully someone posts pics of the toolbox video. I am not able to watch video, and I'm curious what the never before shown mini will be.

• Like 4

I wonder if they'll get the pics updated before we hit the next goal. I kinda doubt it. <_<  Hopefully they're have the next update, with the next set of graphics ready to go. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

The Catobelpas, i believe, is supposed to be in that size range, so its perfect :)  no issues with it.

Too small.  The Catoblepas in D&D 3rd edition is Huge.

Also, i do need epic golems, etc (ie. Iron Colossus from 3E Epic Level Handbook) . Stuff like that; and one of my players shape changes and is normally in Titan form, hence i want a true titan model :) :) 

Just an FYI, but the WizKids prepainted miniatures released two versions of a Huge Titan mini 18 months ago in Monster Menagerie 3.  I have both, and they are pretty decent.  They actually go for fairly cheap on the secondary market (~$5 last I saw).  It's called an Empyrean in the set (the 5e name for them).

https://www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd12/dnd12_empyrion-b.jpg

1 minute ago, ksbsnowowl said:
1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

The Catobelpas, i believe, is supposed to be in that size range, so its perfect :)  no issues with it.

Too small.  The Catoblepas in D&D 3rd edition is Huge.

That was 2 editions and almost 2 decades ago... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

That was 2 editions and almost 2 decades ago... 

You have your needs.  I have mine.

Besides, StarFyre was discussing 3rd edition, and how bigger is better.

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4