ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I have a feeling our club is going to be running a lot of watery games in 2021! :lol:

And so many options to start new crews!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The Faun and Satyr would make good Tieflings, IMO.

Yes, definitely - I'm going to need at least two sets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Im still annoyed at no teiflings again....sigh....well maybe in metal..

Well at least in metal there's already some really cool tielflings :( I know it's not the  same... 

They should take in consideration that they are now - just as dragonborn - a playable class on D&D 5th ed. I mean, they were before too but with modifiers I guess less people got them. 

If you're interested Dark Sword miniatures released two tielflings this months, although they look horrible IMO. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I'm not seeing it.  Maybe they removed it?

Not sure why you can't see it. Still there for me

Kalanzar.thumb.jpg.bad275658a6a9480762d122fa4faa4e7.jpg

Edited by Garhom
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Piata said:

I think part of the problem was the overly fragmented expansions. It took weeks to see the Greek expansion finished for example.

I also feel there's a hard limit on what people are willing to spend and reaper has slightly increased prices from past KS (e.g. core set is $120 instead of $100). Despite there being all this great stuff, I think people are getting less for their dollar. Not to say their KS aren't a great value, because they are, but I for example can't justify spending more than $300 on this so I have to make some tough decisions.

Yeah, that price increase matches the premium commanded by Bones minis in the online shop exactly - it seems that Bones customers like the increase in quality that Bones Black adds, but not the extra cost!

I definitely feel like Reaper's reached the limits of their backers' ability to fund the project.  That's why I'm suspecting that new backers are the ones who are probably carrying this Kickstarter.  There were a lot of people saying they would sit this Kickstarter out because they had most of what they wanted already, and didn't have the money this time around.  And there were a LOT of backers who wanted in for a dollar now, but didn't want to commit to anything until after the Kickstarter ended, and still more backers who are making excuses not to spend money on expansions, encounters, etc.  I don't know how many of these backers have changed their mind or will before the very end - how much of those sorts of comments was just talk - but I can't help thinking that experienced backers really are spending less this Kickstarter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alsafah79 said:

I've been away, and was hoping to see 80,000 the last hour. Looks the day has been running around 50,000 an hour. With less than 2 hours to go, 3.3 million?

Currently at about $70K per hour and climbing fast.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

The Faun and Satyr would make good Tieflings, IMO.

And there are the incubi and succubi...

There are those two devils that were teased, but for the life of me, I don't see how those would fit into the Kickstarter plan as it stands now at the last few minutes of the campaign.  Maybe next time?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I have a feeling our club is going to be running a lot of watery games in 2021! :lol:

As soon as the Ship was first shown on the twitch stream, I went looking for the last 12 issues of Dungeon Magazine, so I can run the Savage Tide adventure path.  A guy was selling an unread bundle of the last 12 issues of Dungeon Magazine, and the last 12 issues of Dragon Magazine, along with some of the campaign start booklets (for the players).  Came to less than $6.75 per issue, so I felt it was a good deal (due to licensing issues, these issues will never be made into legal PDF copies).

That's my Christmas present to myself, I guess.

2021 will see my group sailing the High Seas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Yes, the figures are all mine and the terrain is Bob Ridolfi's.

Wow, you are killing it. 

• Like 5