Dragonfolk
Mammoth
Yokai of Okura 
Chaos Well (Core Set)
Pizza Dragon (Core Set)

Dire Cabbage (Core Set)

the last 3 will be once we can purchase individual sets from the core set

• Like 1

I think a big part of the size issue was promising certain dimensions. 12" was emphasized in his KS graphic. It wasn't just that Reaper promised it would be large, they specifically used 12" as a selling point. When the model was significantly shorter with no warning, it left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

I didn't pledge for Argent, so it didn't affect me personally, but I can understand why people were so disappointed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just one more comparison / scale reference.  They said in yesterday's stream that the Giant Zombie was 85 mm tall.  That's 3.3" which is about equal to the Tyranny of Dragons Frost Giant from the WizKids PPM line.  That's the tallest one, on the left.  He was on a 2" base, though is the tallest 2" based Frost Giant they ever released in PPM, IIRC.

image.thumb.png.eee68a864de1afa66df53eb5ca6ab3c7.png

Edited by ksbsnowowl
Added picture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I have 2 Argents. I'm definitely a bit disappointed. Not so much in the size but definitely missing a lot of detail. Haven't painted them. The other dragons in bones 4 were great

• Like 1

Bones 5 mini shown on Reaper Toolbox Stream.  I am not big on the underwater stuff, but I do like the looks of this figure.1430415201_Annotation2019-10-02133907.png.8339ff4e223b2217030ba6440d6ee7fc.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, neomage2021 said:

Yeah, I have 2 Argents. I'm definitely a bit disappointed. Not so much in the size but definitely missing a lot of detail. Haven't painted them. The other dragons in bones 4 were great

agreed, all the other big minis i pledged for came with great detail, even the Skeletal dragon has factures and texture in his bones

but Argent...he's just not up to my standards, and i would not have pledged for him if this was the finished product they advertised during the KS. I pledged for him because he was listed as a WIP render and would be getting detail

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Patrik Strom said:

Does anyone know if it is still a common problem to be unable to pledge? I've tried repeatedly yesterday and on and off today without any success. I've tried with different browsers, different operating systems and different reward tiers, still no luck. Am I alone in this or are there more?

(I would post this on the kickstarter page but only backers can comment....)

(I have reached out to kickstarter and their initial reply has been (to paraphrase) "try again")

I had a lot of difficulty pledging, tried different PCs, tried my phone app.  You might want to try poking at your Kickstarter settings, change your password or payment information, just to see if it's an error with your account that's not getting reported.  Eventually I got through but it was never clear to me why.  Maybe clear caches, cookies, reboot, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odinsgrandson said:

One thing to note is that Kickstarter funding patterns have changed this year.  Many of the bigger Kickstarters have smaller finishing surges relative to their initial surges.

That's not to say that Bones 5 won't finish higher than all previous Bones campaigns, but the medium isn't as predictable as in years past.

I would say that part of the fun of Bones I had to do with how new Kickstarter was, and how new Reaper was to the process. There was no initial surge, so the project just kept picking up steam until the absolutely crazy conclusion.

It does not surprise me that Bones V is following a new path in line with the latest Kickstarter trends.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Patrik Strom said:

Does anyone know if it is still a common problem to be unable to pledge? I've tried repeatedly yesterday and on and off today without any success. I've tried with different browsers, different operating systems and different reward tiers, still no luck. Am I alone in this or are there more?

(I would post this on the kickstarter page but only backers can comment....)

(I have reached out to kickstarter and their initial reply has been (to paraphrase) "try again")

I fought with this all day yesterday.  On a Windows 7 (yea I know) laptop at work, I could not get a pledge to go through using Firefox ESR 60.9, Chrome, or an old IE 11 browser to work.  I should have been in Wave 1, but after a couple hours of this, finally just gave up.  I started to wonder if it was my credit card that was the issue but the only Kickstarter message I got was a red box saying try again.  At no point did I ever get a pledge confirmation email or get to the kickstarter webpage stating that you have successfully made a pledge.

What finally worked for me was updating chrome to the latest version, and removing any externsions (including ublock origin) and then using a different credit card.  That finally resulted in the pledge going through and getting the Kickstarter page confirming you have pledged (and the email also).  I was so fustrated with the whole deal I just pledged the $1.00 for Wave 9.

Interestingly, when I got home I checked my bank/credit card account and it had 14 pending $0.00 charges on my credit card from Kickstarter.  Thankfully today, those were all removed.  I like Reaper but really didnt want to pledge for 14 core sets :)

• Sad 5

22 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

agreed, all the other big minis i pledged for came with great detail, even the Skeletal dragon has factures and texture in his bones

but Argent...he's just not up to my standards, and i would not have pledged for him if this was the finished product they advertised during the KS. I pledged for him because he was listed as a WIP render and would be getting detail

I mostly agree, but I also thought the detail on the Roc was a little softer than I expected.

4 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I mostly agree, but I also thought the detail on the Roc was a little softer than I expected.

the ROc is softer than i'd like, but it at least has a decent coverage of detail. Argent has huge areas of just blank plastic that is going to be a struggle to paint decently

• Like 1

Number Based on 1400-1500 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today -     $134,748
Total Gain 24 Hours -     $275,511
Total to Next Goal -    $7,348
New Backers This Hour -     78
Gain in last Hour -     $10,850
Current Average Pledge -     $116.61
Average Hourly Backers Today -     78.7
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours -     171.2
Average Hourly Pledges Today -     $8,983
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours -     $19,288