ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

36 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Also always a chance that Kit is on vacation/swamped with UK orders/sick...

Not to mention his ongoing work with the new website.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I thought the number of backers was between 18,000 and 19,000 ?

Where did you get 250K?

Lol... some days I just shouldn't get out of bed. :wacko:   For some unknown brain hiccup reason, I was looking at dollar total not backer total.  You are correct, and the backer total difference between 4 and 5 was only 2,387. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Lol... some days I just shouldn't get out of bed. :wacko:   For some unknown brain hiccup reason, I was looking at dollar total not backer total.  You are correct, and the backer total difference between 4 and 5 was only 2,387. 

I’ve had days like that...

Edited by TGP
Some of them were last week.... :/
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It'd be awesome if the pledge manager went live right before PAX. That would be good timing for Reaper's sake due to the giant pile of gamers all in one spot who will be talking about it. And it's 3 weeks away, which gives Kickstarter time to get off their butts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have any size comparisons between Sir Forscale and the old bones storm giant? And how this new storm giant comparee to it?

Thanks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gar360 said:

Does anyone have any size comparisons between Sir Forscale and the old bones storm giant? And how this new storm giant comparee to it?

Thanks

reaper-bones-1-77162-77163-storm-giant-cloud-giant-conan.jpg

Conan is slightly bigger than Sir Forscale. The base is 30mm,  Female base is 50mm, the male's base is 76mm.

The new storm giant is considerably larger than the old.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gar360 said:

Thanks

Here’s a picture from the pre-launch thread that was taken from one of the Reaper Live shows. 

D882956F-0E35-49DA-9CE8-78B25BC73A85.png.b4d2a38be31a292060ebe1ce69638486.png

link: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86871-pre-launch-bones-5-excitement-thread/

I think combine with what @Maledrakh shared it should hopefully give you an idea of size. 

• Like 5

Oookeiii.... That's a big guy....

Sigh... Ok, I think im digging me'own grave here but... Will not(if we keep a consistent scale) that guy being just about right to be a Titan? I admit that im hazzy on the details (size, new editions, all that jazz) but the giants IIRC were roughly the height of 3 tall guys stacked and that guy is More or less four guys so....

Edit: just checked, nope, im dead wrong a Titan will be at least 10 guys stacked.... Or the somesuch.... Daaaamnnnn...

Edited by OddMoominOut
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, OddMoominOut said:

Oookeiii.... That's a big guy....

Sigh... Ok, I think im digging me'own grave here but... Will not(if we keep a consistent scale) that guy being just about right to be a Titan? I admit that im hazzy on the details (size, new editions, all that jazz) but the giants IIRC were roughly the height of 3 tall guys stacked and that guy is More or less four guys so....

Edit: just checked, nope, im dead wrong a Titan will be at least 10 guys stacked.... Or the somesuch.... Daaaamnnnn...

If you don’t play anything official, they can be whatever size you want.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

These figures vary between games and editions too. Reaper gives their best effort, but they are never going to win the "right size" game.

I think he looks cool, so I want one. If I actually paint it that will be awesome. If I also get it into a game: bonus!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

23 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

These figures vary between games and editions too. Reaper gives their best effort, but they are never going to win the "right size" game.

I think he looks cool, so I want one. If I actually paint it that will be awesome. If I also get it into a game: bonus!

Well, yes that is true on both fronts, I myself rarely played "by the book" sizes if any (dm just said "you find a bloke the size of -random landmark/object- and it wants trouble" it's just that the whole size/scale thing has been in my mind as of recently

• Like 3

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

True, but with the success of 5e (which I do not play) it would be in Reapers interest to have their minis work well with 5e.  Plus with giants bigger usually is more dramatic.

• Like 3

I feel somewhat guilty, but I will not be ordering the Chronoscope  after calling for sci-fi. The problem is that I don't need zombies, most of the first section I already have. The third section I really, really like but it is not worth the $50 for that one section and I don't feel like having to sell the other stuff. So I will probably run the $50 in other stuff here and wait for the third section to release at retail.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I feel somewhat guilty, but I will not be ordering the Chronoscope  after calling for sci-fi. The problem is that I don't need zombies, most of the first section I already have. The third section I really, really like but it is not worth the $50 for that one section and I don't feel like having to sell the other stuff. So I will probably run the $50 in other stuff here and wait for the third section to release at retail.

No reason to feel guilty about it.

Especially when you plan on buying stuff in retail later.

I have thought about it and I will not go for the expansion either, I will buy a few of those trailers in retail though and the explorers types and maybe more.

• Like 4

Chronoscope is going to be the first thing I grab when the PM goes live. I wailed and moaned that Reaper needed to put some focus into Chronoscope and dwarfed if they didn't give it the old college try. It's far from perfect (Looking at you, Santa. All I want for Christmas is for you to be an old car.), but they put forth the effort this time an I find that encouraging. I will express that by giving them my money for it first.

• Like 13