Jump to content

Lexomatic's Dreadmere


lexomatic
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the thread where I'll paint my Dreadmere stuff to go with new Bones V stuff when it arrives.

I started with my extra Gulper ( 44038 ) and rowboat (Dreadmere Fishing Boat 44032 ).

starting with Gulper inspiration - the redtail catfish.

20191023_005721.jpg

20191023_005803.jpg

20191023_005845.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with a grey /yellow primer mix, because I think it looks interesting. 20191023_003401.thumb.jpg.7caf9abefd7491738691fc1f86ed58c0.jpg

Then I did a base coat with a bunch of warm off whites.20191023_010231.thumb.jpg.690361aee2896b88b6f4d203e877b34a.jpg

 

Then Buckskin Pale fins and eyes20191023_010314.thumb.jpg.51af00f8e583bcd4815464bbef154ffa.jpg

Stripes might be nice20191023_010401.thumb.jpg.67feaaa776ad20b40ba46f0c0aee322d.jpg

Why not make them darker and add other colors - mostly yellow and orange20191023_010444.thumb.jpg.236cb23a550b4209e8c32e396e0303b4.jpg20191023_010536.thumb.jpg.c571f6a0ad3c1f9a2851cc2f517dc1ce.jpg

Then how about cayman green. 20191023_003241.thumb.jpg.3df3b20ad566e30945fd9a0ea6f03073.jpg

I left needing a bigger boat.

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By aku-chan
      Presenting my first finished Bones V Kickstarter mini, the mighty Hercules!
       
      I don't get much painting time these days, so he's a little rough and rushed in places, but he's done and he doesn't look too bad.
       
      As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Considering this is a Reaper forum, I don't post nearly enough Reaper stuff!
       
      Going to try remedying that by slowly going through that big box of Bones V I've got perched on top of my stack of unpainted things.
       
      I'm starting with Hercules (Didn't expect him to be my first choice, but I have been watching a lot of Greek Myth stuff on Youtube lately):-
       

       
      This is after I've prepped him, primed him, had a second go at the mold-lines (I'm trying to get better at this), re-primed and finally given a Brown Wash.
      Got a little problem going on with his right arm, from the back it's all bulging muscle, but from the front the gap between his bicep and club is filled in with something. Not sure how to fix this, so I decided to paint it as part of his lion cape (And hope no one notices the two halves don't line up).
       

       
      Huh, mystery solved. Looking at it now in these piccys, I can see that weird bit of arm is actually his thumb.
       
      Painted his lion cape first (I'm a messy drybrusher).
      This was a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow, then a Brown Wash, then drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite. 
      While the mane and tail end were a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown, Brown Wash and drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown/Bonewhite.
      Finally, it got Bonewhite claws, Dwarf Skin paw pads and then everything got Sepia Wash.
       
      While I'm on the computer I need to see if lions have special noses, if not then tomorrow I start on the skin of Hercules!
    • By Iridil
      Another NPC - this time a 'robust' bard, with notions of being a fancy man. The blue vest did not work as well as I intended, and of course I noticed the bare spots on the base after photos - but had fun with the feather!



    • By lexomatic
      I've been wanting a few quick space saving buildings for  war gaming. I decided to make a few false fronts,  but use a simplified biscuit (instead of a tab like many paper models) to make them free standing. Rolling out the brick pattern would help. 
      These would be for my foam boards (insert link here sometime).  But it turns out my plan of 3 row buildings (8.25x 6 )with separate corner pieces isn't going to fit. Need to decide whether to split up into 2 building pieces  (5.5 in long x 6 in high) or do corner and 1 building and have them  connect. I also now need figure out whether to plan for an alley when I didn't in my boards. Hmm. Stay tuned.
    • By lexomatic
      I few years ago I emptied a can of spray foam for some hills. I decided to hack up one to see if I could do some scatter that was more rock  pile than grassy hill like I've previously done (insert link to foam experiments thread).
       
      About a month ago I hacked the foam hill, and last night I glued it to a dead DVD as a base and clamped it.

      This is what it looks like now.

      I'm going to let it dry a bit more then give it some goop, then a modge seal. Then drybrush, and maybe some flock.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...