Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

Babar, Lord of the Jungle

FANTASTIC! Babar AND his base are BEAUTIFULLY painted & crafted creations. You have made an inspiration. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

I love it.  The gold especially.  I think the base is fine.  Babar is going to want to find relatively clear ground for fighting...

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NyarlaBcn
      Drums! Tribal drums from the heart of the deepest jungles. The Goblins wage war. They spider heards will consume everything on its past and, when there's nothing left, they will leave the trees behind to invade the lands of men. Their Chief, riding the giant eight legged spider steed Sleipnir, is ready to lead them to victory. 

Here I wanted to try a particularly colorful palette to tap into the jungle theme. Maybe in that note it lacks a bit of green... first time I use this colored liquen. Maybe is too much? 

If you liked it, please consider following my instagram :D 

• By Gary Pryor
      2nd attempt at creating a steam-punk elephant-women mad-scientist, representing a PC in a game I am running. Since such a model does not exist I made one.
      It consists of the following parts:
      The base model I had printed through HeroForge  I pinched the cables and coils from a warmachines model I found on ebay.  Finished it off with some lightning I had laying around from the previous attempt (I think it was creating action figure dioramas, but I have thrown out the packaging long ago). Nothing on the model is Reaper, but I painted it with Reaper Paints.

I had a lot of fun trying out all kinds of configurations with poster tack until settling on this combination for the rigging. The only thing it is missing is her faction symbol on the shield, but I wasn't sure how to make a stencil small enough. If any has any technique for adding coat of arms to a models, outside of trying to free hand it, I would to hear it. Here are a few pictures. The other model is for scale, and is just what I had handy.

• By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my Mudcroack. Love the mini. Recently we have been playing the Tomb of Annihilation D&D campaign, based on the jungles of Chult, and we found many of these adorable frogmen creatures, Grungs. That motivated me to start working with Mudcroack despite having almost all the new GW goblins waiting.
      Well, frogs are usually green, jungles too, and it was all kinda repetitive; so I decided to use as little green as possible.
      For the basing I chose a resin scenic base that I adapted, and the "barbed bracken" plants from GW. 
      Any feedback welcome, and if you want, please follow me on instagram at @albertnyarla 

• By Glitterwolf
      I have created a little diorama / terrain piece to go with my Lost World Project.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81223-welcome-to-the-jungle-by-glitterwolf/

I used the base of Kaladrax Bones, now OOP to create some Aztec style ruins.
      The smaller Aztec ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld.

For the creatures in the murky river I used the Moray Eel of Reaper's  02948: Familiar Pack VII, sculpted a lungfish and some Trilobites myself ( almost invisible in the murky water as they should be.) and I sculpted a second eel.
      And a Bones Centipede 77427: Dungeon Vermin - Centipede .

The Plantlife are the Plant Dragon and the Deathstar Lilies from Bones
      77505: Dragon Plant  and 77504: Death Star Lilies .

The Triceratops cadaver is a plastic Triceratops skeleton which I fleshed out with putty.
      The little feathered raptors are Ral Partha Velocirapors and I used putty to give them feathers.

There is a juvenile Barchiosaurus in the back he's from a Paint and Play set from Wild Republic.
      The Flying Creature is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.

The Giant Centipede is from Safari Toob Animals which I repainted.

Thanks to @knarthex for providing me with flock, @strawhat for sending me the Toob Animals from which the Giant Centipede is now used, @TaleSpinner for his advice on sculpting feathers, I'm not superb good at it but I think it worked.
      @SisterMaryNapalm and @malefactus for their ongoing support and tips.

Enjoy:

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)