just wishing to put this out there, but what are the chances of warlord coming back, hopefully with the success of bones reaper can really hammer our full fledged army boxes. i only ask this as warlord was my very FIRST miniatures game and heck it was the first miniatures i ever bought and wish to see it again even if its just bones army sets or something. maybe even a third edition possibly. 

i mean am i alone in wanting warlord back? 

• Like 7

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm not a gamer, paint for fun and display, but I would welcome more Warlord minis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm not a gamer, paint for fun and display, but I would welcome more Warlord minis.

thank you, and yeah in the end i also just would love to see more bones versions of the warlord miniatures. mainly for the cost considering back in the day me and my brother always ran into money issues building our armies. been following Reaper since 2006 or so, my first foray into the hobby was by chance at a geek convention in my area my friend took me too and we played a demo for warlord 2nd edition and i wound up winning a free model from it. Shad coalshadow i think his name was. i put a pic of the one below. and it was with that first model that lead me down the rabbit hole that is Tabletop miniatures. and i forever loved every second of it. 

14021_G.jpg

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      I am putting the final touches on a saltmarsh campaign set in the Razor 
      Coast setting and it occurred to me that there were probably a number of people here who had run or played one or the other.  Since this is my first time with the 5e system (though I have at least played all the others and it strikes me as very similar to AD&D with some improvements) I would like to see if there are mistakes I can avoid...

The group looka like it will be 7 if everyone shows up, three of them in their mid teens and I want to make sure they have fun while getting a taste of adventures that are not all hack and slash.  

My reason for them to be there together at the adventure start is that they have recently completed their training/ finished their apprenticeship/ or finished with the service and this is the graduating task they have been given basically: comlete the secrets of sinister saltmarsh if you want the right to practice your trade in the name of your guild.  I am hoping to avoid the first 2-3 sessions of 'I hate you all' and 'I'm better then you' garbage that seems to happen so often with the classic met in a tavern opening.

The planned adventure path will use the saltmarsh modules but I also want to work in
      The sunless Citidel
      The temple of Posidon (an old ADnD module that I personally love even though it's a killer from stage 1)
      2 or 3 other dungeon crawls from old dragon magazines 
      I also want them to have access to the Razor coast adventures as optional adventures (I've started a table of swap outs that allow me to replace sections of saltmarsh if they take that option.

Finally, I have ship minis and I want to use them!  So I am planning some naval encounters that they can run into

With all of this I am I am planning a slow progression allowing greater numbers in people to make the adventures a little easier but requiring more of them rather than increasing the cr of the encounters in the dungeon.  As some of these adventures are killers I'm really not worried about the characters feeling unthreatened but some of the players are new and I don't want to clobber them Tomb of Horrors style (when I played temple of Posidon the first time we went in with 8 8th level characters and cam out with 3...) but I may need to explain the slow progression.

Two things I want to implement are:

a change to feats and multiclassing;  I want to allow it but only if they find someone in game to teach it to them.
      Race limitations.all the basic races are fine but race discrimination is a chunk of the plot and things will go very bad very quickly if one of the players is an aquatic race...

So with that said does anyone have recommendations for:

Dungeoncrawlers - I would love to throw in a few classic crawlers with classic monsters.  I also have all my dwarven forge goodies I want to use!

Ship combat dos and donts particularly around cannon and boarding actions and piracy 

Pointers for dealing with teens, they're good kids but can be rambunctious and distractable

An I trying too much on them?  Ist possible for them to be embroiled in multiple plotlines and it could confuse them.

So with that, anyone want to lend an ear and make suggestions?

Roo
    • By Maglok
      Some people might call it Minivember, though technically I had 23 days of vacation and just wanted to paint a mini every day. Some were finishing older minis, some entirely new, some were the size of a nailclipping. I present, my Minivember.

• By spitfire23bc
      'Tis the season! I posted this a while ago before is got paint on him. Santac'Laus has featured in the Christmas one-shot games I've run for the last couple of years (and this year is no exception). He's gone from villain to lovable (but weird) friend, who rides a manta-ray-shaped sleigh, pulled by a team of beholders. 

If you're one of my players, please don't read the spoiler!

The hat, sack and present were all made with green stuff. The snow was made with snow powder mixed with water effects. 

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum family, I wanna share with ya all my most recent fatigue: Marthragul!
      I was in doubt if painting it into a realistical Earth dragon, or something more colourful... The Magenta won! :D 
      And I chose to don't cut corners, so no drybrush, no washes, no feathering... just dear, old layering, shading and glazing 
      ...cause I'm a fast painter, as you know 

And, yeah! This took me almost a month of at least two hours per day... basically I hate this dragon now 

Enough talking, time for pics :D

I really hope you like it, if you have any question do not hesitate :)
      As always every C&C is more than welcome.
      Thank you :)
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)