Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2019 Brought to you By Glitterwolf

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE Nov. 8th / Nov. 10th.

Come up with a fun solution to get rid of snow, create a vehicle or creature to do that.

Describe it/Build it/Draw it!

Nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Get rid of snow?  Except for the snow blower to get it off the driveway, snow should stick around.  (Roads are an exception, but the government takes care of that.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

If you guarantee that snow will avoid you, you have a reserved spot on my sofa any time you want it.

The effect only seemed to last that paticular winter. If anything I've been trying to summon it, at least during the Thanksgiving-Christmas timeframe where it is seasonal and welcomed, because otherwise it hits where I'm at mostly in late Jan-Feb sometimes into March. 

53 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Um family friendly forum.......

My master plan is already in motion....... Just need to warm the planet just a few more degrees then I Nuke what is left of the glaciers. 

If my calculations are correct, then my land here in Kansas will also become ocean front property..... Instant beach I can sit on and enjoy...

My version of that is to buy up land in western Nevada, (no property tax) then get a geologist drunk enough to tell me where exactly in the San Andreas fault I tap the rock hammer to make California an island. The advantage of this is not only in avoiding higher taxes, but also ensuring That Which Sleeps Below the Ice  keeps on sleeping.

• Haha 9

11 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

The effect only seemed to last that paticular winter. If anything I've been trying to summon it, at least during the Thanksgiving-Christmas timeframe where it is seasonal and welcomed, because otherwise it hits where I'm at mostly in late Jan-Feb sometimes into March. 

My version of that is to buy up land in western Nevada, (no property tax) then get a geologist drunk enough to tell me where exactly in the San Andreas fault I tap the rock hammer to make California an island. The advantage of this is not only in avoiding higher taxes, but also ensuring That Which Sleeps Below the Ice  keeps on sleeping.

Read Alistair MacLean's Book Goodbye California.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Come up with a fun solution to get rid of snow, create a vehicle or creature to do that.

I draw a blank. I try to avoid thinking about that vile, four letter "S" word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

More likely you'll usher in the Escape From LA future, including its bad sequel nature.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

But... Snow is awesome, whyever would I want to get rid of it...?  It's friends ice and blizzarding winds can stay at home however... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

At first, I thought something with flamethrowers, but reconsidered to have something doubly useful.

1. I'd attach powerful microwave magnetrons to the front bumper of a minivan. The energy pointed towards the road will instantly vaporize the snow.
  2. I'll attach powerful vacuums to suck up the steam and send it to the back of the minivan which has been converted into a sauna filled with Finnish tourists.
  3. I'll paint stripes on the sides to make it go faster.
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Or a small domesticated dragon or drake. 

Picture, if you will, a fantasy medieval city's fire brigade.  No, not a civic organization to light fires but a group of people and their pet drakes who can apply fire precisely, surgically, almost artistically.  

This is a way better idea than mine.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This was the first thing that came to mind. A polar bear/moose hybrid that adapted it's horn structure to be a snow plow.

(I live in Texas and have little concept of snow control. Also the massive amount of allergy meds I'm on right now could be an explanation for this lunacy)

IMG_20191108_214801.thumb.jpg.0eff41f870d56d173c07ce049c38dc08.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

37 minutes ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

This was the first thing that came to mind. A polar bear/moose hybrid that adapted it's horn structure to be a snow plow.

(I live in Texas and have little concept of snow control. Also the massive amount of allergy meds I'm on right now could be an explanation for this lunacy)

Are you sure you're not Canadian? :huh:

• Haha 11

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I call it "March"...or "April"...well..."May"?

Please?!

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

.. so, speaking purely hypothetically ... what would you charge for an .STL file..? 

It's crazy, yah, but...

I was actually going to go with 'Selective dispersal of tactical August'. I have no idea what that would actually look like, though.

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

The most awesome solution so far IMHO !

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 11/8/2019 at 2:24 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I stand in defiance of the gods of winter! Do your worst you cowardly dogs!!!

Oh, wait....you said 'get rid of'.....oops. Sorry for the winter we're all about to have.::D:

22 hours ago, Loim said:

Getting rid of snow? Isn't that why people have kids? "Here's a shovel, go clear the walk!"

That was my experience growing up.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9