Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2019 Brought to you By Glitterwolf

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

One of your minis came to life, which one is it and what do you think/hope/want it's going to do?

Oh fun!

I would want my two little fungoids to come to life and provide hilarious commentary on my life. Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

44056_w_2~2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

One of your minis came to life, which one is it and what do you think/hope/want it's going to do?

It would have to be Sophie, I think. She's very adventurous, and we'd travel everywhere in our lust for more minis and thirst for more paints. ::D:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

A djinn, so I can have my mid-20s body back. Everything falling apart lately!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

Hopefully, not one of the large number of non-corporeal undead on my desk right now; the last thing I need is one of Soth's banshees floating around screaming about murder and injustice.

More likely, it would be Baba Yaga's hut. Having that stomping around my yard would probably confuse the neighbors.. fortunately, I know the charm to get it to settle down. 

... and, since it's not a fixed installation, I wouldn't need a permit to keep it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

It would need to be a spell caster, so that it can bring the rest of them to life, then I'll be able to conquer the world with my army of flying monkeys!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It would need to be a spell caster, so that it can bring the rest of them to life, then I'll be able to conquer the world with my army of flying monkeys!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Well......lets see what we have here.

@Pezler the Polychromatic = spellcaster. Check

@buglips*the*goblin clones, just add wings = flying monkeys. Check

You appear to have the necessary components to begin your conquest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

It would probably be one of the many minis I have stored in a case under my worktable, and it's probably wondering when it'll get a chance to go in the display case.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 5th.

Y'know, given most of my minis, no matter which one is animated it will be up to no good.  The main difference is just how much trouble/destruction it can cause...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 6th.

What is the worst sculpt you've ever seen?

To protect those who have been affected adversely by it, there is a certain defunct Kickstarter that will remain nameless. It tried to pass off extremely amateurish sculpts near the end as professional quality, and did not deliver anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 6th.

There are other candidates but this one was a horror.

Razorgore from GW.

It looks so ridiculous I can't even take it seriously as a Fantasy Chaos Monster.

image.png.c3248501c89e47152917a0e693fe5c80.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 6th.

Michelangelo's sculptures of women... just... wut? :blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 6th.

Can't really think of one in paticular, but I'm not too fond of the majority of the newer GW sculpts. The "dial everything up to 11 and break off the knob" approach has led to an overblown homogenousness that doesn't appeal to me. In all honesty I'm not really taken by a great deal of newer computer sculpted minis as a whole. There are quite a few that look damn good, but also many of them to my eye either seem too cone like or covered in too much wide flat surface. I understand that this is where the industry is headed due to costs, and it's early days yet so the sculptors are still adjusting to the new tools, so I'm in the wait and see phase for the next few years. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 6th.

hmm...

GW's Blood Angels Chaplain Lemartes, the 1999-ish version...

I'm referencing it against other miniatures for the time (which is the only fair way to do it...)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1