GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2019 Brought to you By Glitterwolf

Glitterwolf

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the cold killing some of the demon creatures from hell (ticks and mosquitoes). I'm looking forward to deer hunting and squirrel hunting. I also look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas since those are the only times my family all gets together anymore. Plus it's a great excuse to sit in front of the fireplace with a beverage and stare out at the gloomy dark winter days/evenings. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 1st.

Winter is coming! What are you looking forward to?

This year?  Being in a new house, getting caught up on sleep, having a paint room set up again, learning what winter is like in a new city, having real high quality internet, not spending 8 hours every weekend driving and the rest packing.
Not really looking forward to the drive in in the winter, or the walk from my parking (there is a fairly steep hill involved), or the walk after work once the time changes.

• Like 12

Right, thread got derailed before I even posted a single question!

*** Sniff*** I'm so proud of you all! ::P:

QUESTION November 1st.

My baby’s first Christmas. I have a cute Santa style dress for her and we’re gonna get one of those “baby’s first Christmas” ornaments. It’s gonna be so cheesy they could make a hallmark movie out of it! ^_^

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

QUESTION November 1st.

Less snow. :poke:

(Around here, we get most of our snow in late fall and early spring. Winter snow is generally both less deep and less of a problem on the roads.)

More seriously, visiting my parents in Arizona for Christmas. Not sure which way we're going to go down there, but we'll spend a few days and do some touristing on the way as well.

• Like 14

QUESTION November 1st.

Being on a ship somewhere warm and away from all the fake Christmas sentimentality.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 1st.

We seem to see our family a lot more during the winter.

• Like 11

QUESTION November 1st.

Spring.

In my case, winter has arrived. Currently in a snowstorm. Already over 10-15cm fallen with more coming. Visibility is extremely poor, you can't really see where the road starts or ends.

And I had hospital appointments starting at 8:30am (blood test, flu shot). Good thing I practically live next door. On the plus side, no lineups as everyone wisely stayed home.

And though I prefer small cars overall, I'm very glad to own an AWD SUV for exactly this kind of weather.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 1st.

I began a new hobby just about the time I retired from Reaper.  It is a colder weather hobby and I've missed it.

I am enjoying the cooler weather and the return to smoking cheese.  It requires a grill temp under 100 degrees which is hard to attain when the ambient temps are high 80s-low 100s.  I've gotten three batches smoked since last weekend with one more prepared for the smoker now.  I'll pick up more cheese while out later today to prepare for the next few.

20191031_124746.jpg20191029_150343.jpg

I also enjoy the die off of the nuisance bugs and the migrating birds at our feeders as well as the Winter Holidays (Halloween through Valentine's).

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

QUESTION November 1st.

A reduction in house chores and projects so I can focus on art and video games for a few months.

I enjoy the other three seasons, but they're super demandy of time. I can clear my driveway of 1' of snow in 15 minutes. That's a chore timetable I can get behind!

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 1st.

I'm looking forward to winter!  No more annoyingly hot days, now it'll just be annoying office coworkers who whinge about the cold! 

But yeah, honestly... Fall is great, but boy do I love the winter, even if it comes with slick roads and icy sidewalks.  You can dress for the cold.  Summer just gives you hear exhaustion and the inability to properly sleep due to said heat. 

Oh, and I've no problem with darkness hitting earlier, provided skies are clear.  I've been looking forward to mid-December, and this could be an alternate answer since M42 will be visible again! ...Well, visible to camera sensors anyways.  Too much light pollution out here to see it with the naked eye. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION November 1st.

Spring. Being warm again. Our families don't gather for the holidays so those are almost non-events here, but I'll cook something and maybe even bake. 

• Like 9