Glitterwolf

GETTING TO KNOW YOU NOVEMBER 2019 Brought to you By Glitterwolf

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

pic4009930.jpg

This is one of the three I can remember buying. The copy I got was known to be incomplete. No battlemat.

What game came with a lot of grey, plastic, dwarves? And many were spear-dwarves... 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 14th.

Have you ever bought a boardgame just for the minis?

Yes, three times. The first was for SDE forgotten king, the second was for the teenaged mutant ninja turtles game, and the third was for the rising sun game. I actually backed the super dungeon explore 2nd edition, but that hasn’t born any miniature fruit, so we’ll see. 

Actually... I did but that copy of monopoly just because it had the money bag... so I guess that’s four times :lol:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

November 14th.

Yup, a couple of Heroclix expansion Games and the new Battletech Beginner's Box and AGOAC.

5 hours ago, malefactus said:

Not yet, but I have been tempted. Considering my ability to resist temptation, buying a game for the minis is an imminent thing.

I'm willing to wager it will involve mushrooms and drunken dwarves and goblins!

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Since yesterday, I've had ideas for a ReaperCon Clue and Kill Doctor Lucky (i.e. Kill Catch Buglips).

Sign me up!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

November 14th.

Erm. Yes, actually.. twice. The Attack Wing: DRAGON! game; which... yes, totally bought because dragons. It's fun to play, but .. DRAGON!

Nemesis (still waiting on... *sigh*), was technically purchased for all the creepy, eeeevil-lookin' monsters.  There was a plan. We'll see ....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 14th.

No, I don't need expensive packaging along with my minis and I'd feel guilty throwing it out even if I never intended to play the game.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I've actually been wanting to get both of those. What was wrong with Shadows of Brimstone? Just too much stuff in general? I know it's supposed to be a complex game to set up and play, but it always looked fun.

I think I got a bad copy to be honest. Maybe it was one of the last in a run, because most of the minis had extremely soft details. It's a shame because I've got some of the expansion monsters and they're absolutely gorgeous (in a gribbly kind of way). I ended up giving the game to a friend who didn't care about how the minis looked. 

I highly recommend Mice and Mystics though, it's an awesome little game. I just picked up Tail Feathers (for £12::D:) and it looks amazing. Maybe I'll even play it someday! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 14th.

Star Trek TNG Monopoly. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

November 14th.

Not deliberately, and, in fact, I don't think any of the board games with minis that I have purchased have had the minis extracted to be used separately....so, in fact, no.

Of course, that doesn't mean that 1) I've played any of the games or 2) that I've painted any of the minis!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

i bought just the minis from mice and mystics, painted a few. 3 mice & all the bugs 

I bought Kingdom Death thinking if I didn't like the game I would still like the mins. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I own Zombicide: Black Plague and The Hellboy board game both primarily for the miniatures. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Since yesterday, I've had ideas for a ReaperCon Clue and Kill Doctor Lucky (i.e. Kill Catch Buglips).

Ok, you've got my interest...

5 hours ago, TGP said:

What game came with a lot of grey, plastic, dwarves? And many were spear-dwarves... 

Possibly Fantasy Warriors by Grenadier?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I've actually been wanting to get both of those. What was wrong with Shadows of Brimstone? Just too much stuff in general? I know it's supposed to be a complex game to set up and play, but it always looked fun.

I think I got a bad copy to be honest. Maybe it was one of the last in a run, because most of the minis had extremely soft details. It's a shame because I've got some of the expansion monsters and they're absolutely gorgeous (in a gribbly kind of way). I ended up giving the game to a friend who didn't care about how the minis looked. 

It wasn't a bad copy, the minis in the first two box sets of Shadows of Brimstone are pretty terrible.

Supposedly (according to internet gossip), they got conned by their initial plastics factory and didn't have the time or money to redo them. It's why there's a significant jump in quality between the first minis and everything that came after.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, you've got my interest...

Possibly Fantasy Warriors by Grenadier?

These dwarves:

in_120818.jpg

• Like 9