• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shadespyre
      The biggest model I've ever painted, I worked on it in sections and then assembled it onto the base when finished. I made very minor modifications to Kalarax herself, mostly inserting a lot of brass rods to support joints, and using hot water to bend the tail around onto the base (which is 25 cm square!) There was a lot more work on the base, using rocks, grit and sand to meld the Bones "ruined temple" into a larger scene with common elements from my Vampire army (see sig below)

You may know the story of why the model is so big - apparently a communications error meant that it is twice the size it was ever meant to be? Because of this, I removed odd-sized base details like huge skulls and dinner plate coins and replaced them with "in-scale" objects like dozens and dozens of resin skulls as seen in the close up.

My "huge bony miniature" recipe is:
      One can of Army Painter Undead Bone spray paint
      A big pot of GW Agrax Earthshade (or similar brown wash)
      A pot of Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull
      A large flat drybrush

Let the model to the work! You can also use this to paint large numbers of smaller skeletons, of course.
    • By Shadespyre
      I found it really hard to light and photograph such a tall model, I'll have to get him off his shelf and try and take better pictures at some point in the future. I chose the bright red tongue to tie in with the reddish muscle and the red roses (which are a theme of my Warhammer Vampire project) as a spot colour. 
    • By Shadespyre
      Painted to match my Warhammer Vampire army, using old Citadel Foundation paints and a lot of Agrax Earthshade wash
    • By MKCS
      Hey everyone,  I’ve been away for a little while, but life has gotten back into a rhythm that allows me some brush time.  Finally!
      These were simply fantastic models.  I throughly enjoyed painting these giants.  It was a busy weekend for me, one Friday, another Saturday, and the last one Sunday.

C&C are always welcome, and I hope you like them.  My camera skills are as craptastic as usual...

Oh!  Banana-4-Scale!  It’s a 28mm 3d printed on a 1” square base.  It’s nearly as absurd and yet awesome as it sounds!

• By golldan
      My version of the Skeletal Monsters from Bones 4. Used Spodi's recipe, but likely with a bit more Ivory for last layer, and Reaper Aged Bone for middle layers.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)