Solar 77594

Lorathorn

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would line his beard and hair, so there's a thin dark border between his beard/hair and everything else.  This may should provide enough contrast to tell his beard/hair and armor apart.  Or, at least, it's a place to start.

(If you don't know what I mean by lining, I, or someone else, can provide more information.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks good and will be an awesome present. I agree the beard needs more contrast or lining.

I would also suggest to increase the contrast on the red fabric. You could add a warm colour to the red base to match the overall warmth of your colour scheme, for instance a warm dark purple or yellowish dark green.

Edited by Peithetairos

I’m not sure if “btue” is a typo for “blue” or “the”.

I feel like his skirt needs more contrast.  I’m not completely sure it should go all the way up to white (well, “not white”) but the shadows should probably go to “not black”.  (Reaper MSP Walnut Brown is my go-to “not black” but any dark color would work.  Reaper MSP Linen White is my standard “not white”, but other barely-off-whites would work (e.g. VMC Ivory).  It helps if you use the same “not black” for deep shadows everywhere and the same “not white” for bright highlights everywhere.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, about the beard... I keep going back and forth. Going to try and do one more light dry-brush.

As for the wash, I don't have green wash, but I can probably whip some of that up. I'm on the fence about doing the medium flesh dry brush, though. I'm trying to call this one done soon and not fiddle, because I'm worried I'll fiddle it to death. So to speak.