• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maglok
      Another villager from me. :) This is a 03856 Townsfolk: Courtesan

Got this one done at a painting day in about 3 hours of work, but interrupted by cups of tea. :)
    • By Shadespyre
      The biggest model I've ever painted, I worked on it in sections and then assembled it onto the base when finished. I made very minor modifications to Kalarax herself, mostly inserting a lot of brass rods to support joints, and using hot water to bend the tail around onto the base (which is 25 cm square!) There was a lot more work on the base, using rocks, grit and sand to meld the Bones "ruined temple" into a larger scene with common elements from my Vampire army (see sig below)

You may know the story of why the model is so big - apparently a communications error meant that it is twice the size it was ever meant to be? Because of this, I removed odd-sized base details like huge skulls and dinner plate coins and replaced them with "in-scale" objects like dozens and dozens of resin skulls as seen in the close up.

My "huge bony miniature" recipe is:
      One can of Army Painter Undead Bone spray paint
      A big pot of GW Agrax Earthshade (or similar brown wash)
      A pot of Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull
      A large flat drybrush

Let the model to the work! You can also use this to paint large numbers of smaller skeletons, of course.
    • By golldan
      My version of the Skeletal Monsters from Bones 4. Used Spodi's recipe, but likely with a bit more Ivory for last layer, and Reaper Aged Bone for middle layers.

• By Ducknuck84
      From the Mid 2000's attempt to revive the D&D Chainmail come this Battered Troll Skeleton which was the biggest mini in the Ahumut's Legion Faction box. He has been sitting unpainted for many years as I  have found with many of the minis the D&D produced at the time they where a pain to assemble. In his case the full arm and no peg or post and his skull with a bit of the neck was its own part with a minuscule peg and post that did not fit right and would never be able to support the weight of the head. also with the base you had to hand cut the slot that you would tab him into which is the only time i have ever seen that on a mini base. So finally after adding metal post to his parts and getting him on a base I sat down and painted him.
      He is your basic skeleton but I do like the little additions on the mini such as the splint holding the leg together and the leather wrap with a nail holding the arm in place  as well as the plate bolted on to the chest. It give the mini a bit more character. After finishing him i wanted to work on basing which is a part of the process i tend to neglect so tryed my had at some mud texture paint and still trying to get decent at using static grass and tufts. think it turned out alright but can always use more practice.
      Also interestingly enough he is about the same size as the  77004 Cave Troll. So its like a before and after diet pic

• By Captain Tweet
      As a beginner painter, the concept of doing an army (or even just an army unit) feels both logical and like way too much work. Nevertheless, here it is, my first army unit! Read more about the process (and see a few more photos) over at Pocket-Sized Adventurers.

Comments and thoughts are of course welcome!

/Cpt Tweet

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)