Sign in to follow this  
Loim

77017 Skeletal Swordsman

2 hours ago, Lostraven said:

Very nice. The shield is excellent!

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

A distinguished paint job for something that usually appears in mobs and is dispatched quickly. I second the compliment on the shield, and the lighting on everything works just right. I've never wanted to get to know a skeleton before.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Loim said:

I was shooting for a bit of a Harryhausen vibe.

How weird, I just passed up a copy of Clash of the Titans at Goodwill yesterday. Shoulda snagged it. 

• Like 1

I have been agonizing over my bone colors lately. Your Deadite Lad is a SPLENDIDLY  painted Old Bone. Your colors & base are LOVELY as well. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

I have been agonizing over my bone colors lately. Your Deadite Lad is a SPLENDIDLY  painted Old Bone. Your colors & base are LOVELY as well. VERY WELL DONE!

I am glad you like him. Thanks for the kind words. 

• Like 1

I love it, that base suits him well!

Good bone and rust.

One minor nitpicking, touch up the rim of the base, either black or an earth colour, but there are stains on it and that's bringing a great piece down.

• Like 1

@Glitterwolf yessir. After posting the pics I noticed it, and went and painted it a nice flat black. It's amazing the things you don't notice in person, but really pop in a picture.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Loim said:

@Glitterwolf yessir. After posting the pics I noticed it, and went and painted it a nice flat black. It's amazing the things you don't notice in person, but really pop in a picture.

Yes pictures are ruthless!

I like how you called it a simple base while it's an excellent little piece.

Gravestone, some fallen leafs, a unit with bases like that would stand out!

• Like 1

@Glitterwolf it really was simple though. Just a Sculpey gravestone I had laying around broken in half and some Apoxie Sculpt topped with blobs of resin sand built up around his broccoli base. The hardest task was making him fit on a 1" base, since I always prefer a bigger base :D. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this