Erion

Warlord Rulebook Availability? When?

Be prepared for the Horde of slaves and mob-swarmings from the Overlords they will Lord their might over all......... Even if they doon't have any grunts out yet.

I aim to please. That's how we learn. ::D:

Seriously though, you did fine. Even if you did throw me for a loop when you had the dragon pick up an orc and toss him at another one. Until reading the other thread about Orc Bowling today, it honestly never occured to me to use the "Toss" stunt this way, and I was totally confused as to where you had picked that up from. :lol:

When I ran the 'Dragonhunt', I had the dragon physically attack the last archer that wounded her.

The first and third group I ran didn't get the tactic, but the second group realized it about the third round in. They agreed to pull their archers into one area and basically 'be the goats' with the Bull Orcs close by.

Yes, I had a chance for a beautiful blowthrough, but of course the Dragons not suppose to win.

They enjoyed themselves throughly, once the dragon landed to munch on the archers/goats.

Hey, Thane, creativity is what makes the game a lot of fun. I did overplay the Toss thing a bit, but I'll know better next time. It is more for psycological effect than for an effective strategy.

By the way, we were doing "blowthrough" wrong. The attack looses power with each subsiquent target, but it is NOT stopped if the target does not drop.

We were playing it as the attack was stopped if a target did not drop, but the power remained the same throughout. At least, that's how I was told to run it; should have read the directions for myself.

Scott, it's pretty good if you were able to get a bunch of players to cooperate to bring down the dragon. Were they people who knew each other, or did they just decide to work together?

There was one guy who had done Beta Testing who played again and again. I think his name was Colin. I hope he will get into running demos when the book comes out. It looked like he was having a lot of fun.

The way I see it, participating in a con for us has two benefits. First, we create excitement about the game, and hopefully the people who play with us will go home, buy their own armies and play. The other is that we get the chance to become better Assault Officers; running more games in a weekend than we otherwise would in several months is a great chance to learn more about the game.

I personally would not be running Warlord if I hadn't had the chance to attend Orgins. I learned the basics of the game there and bought the OLE that I have been using to run demos at my home store. I'd printed out the Beta version, but never having played a tabletop game, I was lost trying to use it. Origins gave me the experience I needed to take the next step and start running demos of the game on my own.

Yeah I noticed lots of little tweaks that were in the OLE that weren't in the Beta. I'll be so glad when the official rulebook is out and we are all on the same version! I'm just thankful they were all minor things. Still we all worked together to get on the same page, and we did just fine I think. ::):

Oh yeah we did. Warlord was slamming at Gen Con. We did a great job getting demos and stuff run. I am glad that those that did play enjoyed themselves!

Can I mail in my OLE now? Please?

- de

You can mail the OLE in now, but you won't get your new copy or miniature until the larger shipment comes in. ::D:

By the way, we were doing "blowthrough" wrong.  The attack looses power with each subsiquent target, but it is NOT stopped if the target does not drop.

Move along. These aren't the high elves you're looking for.

You can mail the OLE in now, but you won't get your new copy or miniature until the larger shipment comes in.

Sigh...I send my book roughly 10,000 miles; you send me back the upgrade another 10,000. And it was printed right here in Bangkok - some people go a lifetime without travelling as much as my book will.

Anyway, what do you want on the mailing label?

Anyway, what do you want on the mailing label?

Likely the text from the return address sticker on the Redemption Coupon.

Warlord OLE Pre-Press

Reaper Miniatures, INC

P.O. Box 293175

Lewisville, TX 75029

Remember you mail the whole book not just the Redemption Coupon back to HQ.

cher ^_^