Sign in to follow this  
Erion

Warlord Rulebook Availability? When?

The updated news on the rulebook.

I have not posted recently because I wanted to be absolutely certain of the news before I posted and to be absolutely certain of what exactly was going on at our printer.

The short version of the news is that the rulebook is only going just now completed printing and will be an August release.

Argh! Shame! Anger! Ire! Treason... ::(:

It is all my fault. After Origins I discovered that there had been a delay in printing that had been awaiting my approval. When I got back to Texas I made an executive decision... all my fault... and stopped the presses. What followed was that I went into the files and made almost thirty corrections to the rulebook and various data cards that had popped up on this forum by the individuals that had purchased the pre-release copy and with Reaper Kit and Reaper Bryan's help I think we got most if not all of them (Shock special ability was missing, Mengu's name was misspelled among other credit errors, several data cards were wrong like the Guardian Angel missing Flyer, and the Elven Archers MAVs were wrong due to a cut and paste error on my part. . . etc. etc. etc).

We decided that it would be better to release a more perfect product (or at least a more correct product) one month late than endless errata and PDF downloads that fans would have to track.

I have no doubt that we missed a few items but since the opportunity had been presented to me, I chose to take advantage of it. I waited to post for so long because I wanted to be certain that the corrections had gone in and everything was back on track. I am now certain that it is.

I am truly sorry to the individuals that bought a copy of the pre-release version of the Warlord Rulebook with the knowledge (which was correct at the time) that it was an accurate copy and would be able to be cut up and bound in kinkos spiral binding or used as a "gaming version" of the rules. That copy is no longer the most up to date version and has several wrong data cards and missing special abilities. We will not be posting PDF updates to bring that black and white version in line with the current document (in truth I cannot recall all the edits I did).

The original Origins offer however still most certainly applies. Anyone that has a copy may fill out the front cover and mail it back for the hardbound color "real one," the ReaperCon sophie, and a poster.

Again, my apologies for any irritations this delay will cause. My only hope is that when the book is released next month instead of this one that I might be slightly forgiven for my decision to halt the presses and make the corrections.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

While slightly miffed at the delay, the fact that all of that errata is corrected already is more than enough to make up for it.

Thanks for the update, Matt. Late August, then?

Thanks for the update.

We decided that it would be better to release a more perfect product (or

at least a more correct product) one month late than endless errata and PDF downloads that fans would have to track.

I agree totally.

I hope some of the posts I made helped :poke:

- de

I think you made the best decision. I would rather a purchase a complete and accurate original than to keep track of updates. Although my opinion is skewed because I have on the Originals to play with. Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing more.

Does anyone know if the Necropolis Faction book will also be pushed back as far as release? I heard 2 months about a month ago.

Indeed, I was starting to wonder where my player blugeoning tool, erm I mean Warlord rulebook had gotten too :o)

Thank you, Matt. I like everyone else was starting to wonder. Now I know what to tell folks when they ask (especially my mom).

Besides, with it coming out late I might actually have all my grunts painted by then! ::D:

Besides, with it coming out late I might actually have all my grunts painted by then! ::D:

I'll have mine primed...I mean painted.

I'll be waiting patiently. Thanks for the update...and the honesty. It's stuff like that, that makes you folks at Reaper a joy to deal with.

Keep up the good work.

Late August, then?

More than likely.

Does anyone know if the Necropolis Faction book will also be pushed back as far as release? I heard 2 months about a month ago.

Unknown but at this time there is no intention to shift it back since it is independent of the rulebook's release.

Will it be available at Gen-Con?

Probably not

several data cards were wrong . . .

in truth I cannot recall all the edits I did

Did any of the model point value's change? There was a lot of discussion about point values, especially Reven.

- de

Did any of the model point value's change? There was a lot of discussion about point values, especially Reven.

I can attest to the fact that some point values did change. Some characters/Data Cards special abilites changed (Rather - they were corrected, like the aforementioned Guardian Angel/flyer) And quite a few MAV/RAV and other bits were changed/corrected.

Matt, you made a wise decision. Having dealt with far too many games with endless streams of errata(all the way back to SPI in the early 70's) all I can say is thanks for the dedication and integrity. It will be worth the wait.