Sign in to follow this  
Erion

Warlord Rulebook Availability? When?

I am looking at a Warlord rulebook in my grubby little hands right now. The book is finished, printed and a small numbers pre-shipment has arrived here at Reaper. However the bulk of the shipment is still in transit.

Can I mail in my OLE now? Please?

- de

OMG IT DOES EXIST. I THOUGHT THE LEGENDS WERE LIES BUT IT DOES EXIST. *GASP* How dare they tease us with a picture of the rule book. Dang it I don't think my job will give me the discount after I quit too.

I seem to remember the starter kits being a warlord, a few grunt packs, and perhaps a wizard or cleric.

Disclaimer: My memory is from a while ago, I did not double-check it, and I am not a Reaper employee, so my accuracy in this statement is likely to be below that of Reaperbryan's.

If the starter packs are based on the ones that the BL reps can order, they should include, in addition to the rulebooks:

A Warlord

A wizard/cleric/shaman

That spellcaster's familiar

three packs of whatever grunt they have for that faction.

Of course, Bryan may come on here and say that we're totally wrong.

Now that the books are in, I've redoubled my efforts to get my demo forces assembled & painted. I figure my Reptus will be finished by this weekend, the Reven within 2 weeks after that, and then I'm annexing my wife's crusaders if she doesn't make some significant progress on them.

So, the question that I have is what is in the Starter boxes.....Um....like the Crusader box, for instance?

10024 Warlord Crusaders Starter Boxed Set

Long have the Knights of the Temple guarded the Chroniclers at Denelspire and watched as evil festered and grew at their doorstep, oathbound to remain steadfast guardians and take no action. Denelspire has been invaded, and Duke Gerard has returned, to retake the Citadel and make the land safe for his people once more. Now the guardians of Denelspire have become the instrument of the heavens, destined to rout the evil that has permeated the land. By their faith and by their swords they will return stability to Taltos, for they have taken an oath to serve peace, and Gerard has shown that peace comes only after the war has been won.

This Boxed Set includes everything needed to create a 750 point Fighting Company:

1 Duke Gerard, Warlord (14068)

1 Valandil, Mage (14045)

9 Templar Warriors (14109)

1 Good Fairy Familiar

Also included are bases, data cards, dice, and a measuring tool.

Release Date: Soon (I can be more vague, if you prefer). I will make a formal announcement (As usual) when the time comes.

there is no rule book in the Warlord starter army boxes, correct RB?

Right.

There is also not a quick-play guide - just what you need to create a fast army of ~750 points. Once you adjust the Data Cards/ Contents with different equipment or new blisters, the troop contained within becomes an excellent basis for any Fighting Company of that faction. These represent a quick way to get a new troop out there, or start a new company/faction that you have never tried. Just a little glue and some paint, and voila! a 750 point force! (If you're like me, then you just need to add glue and primer!)

So, shipments to distribution and retail stores will be held off for a short while in order to complete the other elements of a proper release (posters, in-store promo items, starter army box sets, magazine reviews and other general hype elements, etc.) and also to await the arrival of the bulk of the product itself. 

Screw that noise! Here's my Visa number.... :lol:

Oh, Brian? that would be a CRUSADER on the cover killing everything ::P: You know, in case you didn't notice. ::):

Data cards... did he say data cards? Whoo-hoo, they do exsist!

Any chance you will make additional "packs" available to use BL people who have already bought starters? That way, we can drop the cards, dice, etc., and say, "look what comes in this geat kit!"

IIRC it has been reaper's intent all along to make official data cards available to people who have been buying the minis all along. They just haven't precisely determined what the method of obtaining them is going to be. Personally, I think 1 Swag Point = 1 Data Card would be the way to go, but that's just my opinion.

Data cards... did he say data cards?  Whoo-hoo, they do exsist!

Any chance you will make additional "packs" available to use BL people who have already bought starters?  That way, we can drop the cards, dice, etc., and say, "look what comes in this geat kit!"

When the time comes, Data Cards will be available in exchange for your Proochases™. I will make the announcement re: cost/method/other. We have been scrambling here to coordinate the timing of the release of all of these elements simultaneously. **must chew through chains long enough for lunch**

Oh, Brian? that would be a CRUSADER on the cover killing everything  You know, in case you didn't notice.

Yes. They are more photogenic than the Nefsokar, I admit. But, to tell a Reaper Secret, none of those bad guys were real. Gerard was posing in front of cardboard cutouts, because he was too afraid to face the real thing. He even had us use Necropolis cutouts, because just the appearance of the Nefsokar cutouts scared him so much he soiled his armor. :lol:::D:

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault ::P: ).