Sign in to follow this  
Erion

Warlord Rulebook Availability? When?

Yes. They are more photogenic than the Nefsokar, I admit. But, to tell a Reaper Secret, none of those bad guys were real. Gerard was posing in front of cardboard cutouts, because he was too afraid to face the real thing. He even had us use Necropolis cutouts, because just the appearance of the Nefsokar cutouts scared him so much he soiled his armor.

Yeah I heard that you guys tried to use Khong-To(Reptus Warlord) but he kept eating the nefsokar and necropolites, screaming "Feed the Young". Glad you guys found a work around.

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault ::P: ).

If you've got some spare models, run a couple of demos yourself. Once people have a "taste", they will be eager to play more.

Entry for Warlord is about $40, as opposed to nearly $400 for a starter Warhammer set. With a game that is easy and quick to play and cheap to get into, it should be simple to attract people to play with you, as long as you take the effort to show a few people how.

Yes. They are more photogenic than the Nefsokar, I admit. But, to tell a Reaper Secret, none of those bad guys were real. Gerard was posing in front of cardboard cutouts, because he was too afraid to face the real thing. He even had us use Necropolis cutouts, because just the appearance of the Nefsokar cutouts scared him so much he soiled his armor. :lol:::D:

<SNORT!!!>

That was "funny ha-ha!"

Now clean the coffee offa my monitor...

primeval Posted on Aug 24 2004, 01:36 PM

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault  ). 

:lol: No way, dude! it's not my fault, (well, at least I don't think it's my fault...)! We were playing Necropolis, dude, we were destined to lose... :lol:

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault ::P: ).

We have an effect at the FLGS that is referred to as the "Cool Kids Factor" by the owner. If any three of a group of about 7 of the well-known players in the store are learning a new game, the store will shortly be all but out of stock of that game system.

It happened with CAV earlier this year when he was selling about three starter sets / week along with about 10-20 blisters. As soon as I can get my hands on the final rules and get my demo forces painted, Warlord will likely be taking off in a large way.

primeval Posted on Aug 24 2004, 01:36 PM

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault  ). 

:lol: No way, dude! it's not my fault, (well, at least I don't think it's my fault...)! We were playing Necropolis, dude, we were destined to lose... :lol:

I noticed this when I was playing demos at Origins - equal numbers of Skellies are far outclassed by Crusaders.

When I run Warlord demos, I give Necro and Elf players 8 grunts, while Reven, Crusaders and Reptus get 6. Evens things out a bit.

Has anyone else had GW Fanboy crossovers for Warlord? About half my play group at my home store have ditched Warhammer in favor of Warlord.

I think the GW Warhammer Fantasy Crossover will be a big factor once Warlord Hits the streets. Lots of people want to play a fantasy game with great looking models, but very few people have the stamina to paint the number of figures that a tournament-worthy WFB army requires (even my most cheesed out Chaos Warriors force came in at just under 100 figures for 2000 points). It's really bad when the rallying cry in the store is "Stop looking at the whole regiment. Only Paint a few models at a time."

2000 points of Warlord is likely to be something in the neighborhood of 20-30 figures, depending on upgrades, solos and monsters taken.

I am looking forward to getting it as welll, I just hope some people at the local game store will be playing. Hopefully I will have better luck than my 2 attempts at Gencon, both of which resulted in me getting a serious butt-kicking (the second game must have been Kelcore's fault  ::P: ).

If you've got some spare models, run a couple of demos yourself. Once people have a "taste", they will be eager to play more.

Entry for Warlord is about $40, as opposed to nearly $400 for a starter Warhammer set. With a game that is easy and quick to play and cheap to get into, it should be simple to attract people to play with you, as long as you take the effort to show a few people how.

Good idea - better than waiting for someone else to do it for me!

And of course Kelcore cant be blamed for me flying a bunch of crypt bats out to where they were easy targets for a dragon, or for me rolling low when trying to take out mummies! I'll get the hang of this eventually!

And of course Kelcore cant be blamed for me flying a bunch of crypt bats out to where they were easy targets for a dragon, or for me rolling low when trying to take out mummies! I'll get the hang of this eventually!

So you play like I do? (you know - sacrifice your best units early in a tactic sure to bring out his big guns fast, that way the big guns will chew up your little grunts sooner?) :huh:

I find it makes the games much faster if you can $krew yourself in the first couple of turns and then roll badly for the rest of them. . . . :blink:

So you play like I do? (you know - sacrifice your best units early in a tactic sure to bring out his big guns fast, that way the big guns will chew up your little grunts sooner?) :huh:

I find it makes the games much faster if you can $krew yourself in the first couple of turns and then roll badly for the rest of them. . . . :blink:

LOL - yeah I didn't last long at all! I thought I would be able to get to a bridge to then attack some archers from the air, but didn't quite think it out very well with the dragon there...

They die easier and breathe fire less. :poke:::P::lol:

You mean the Texan Crusaders DON'T breathe fire?? What sissies! Fear not, the Kansan Crusaders are mustering in the north and will soon liberate you good people! ::D:

Oh, Brian? that would be a CRUSADER on the cover killing everything  You know, in case you didn't notice.

Yes. They are more photogenic than the Nefsokar, I admit. But, to tell a Reaper Secret, none of those bad guys were real. Gerard was posing in front of cardboard cutouts, because he was too afraid to face the real thing. He even had us use Necropolis cutouts, because just the appearance of the Nefsokar cutouts scared him so much he soiled his armor. :lol:::D:

LOL! ::D:

LOL Bryan. Unfortunately, I haven't had enough play-time yet to know if I'm any good at this game. I was kinda surprised at GenCon by how much of the rules I'd managed to learn, though FreeFall pointed out I was making some mistakes. :blink:

Still, give me half a chance, and I will teach you to respect the might of the elven archers! Fear my laserpointer! Ha ha!