Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Great Pumpkin scene -All Reaper minis

the-great-pumpkin-header.jpg?w=300

AUGH! The Great Pumpkin Came!

This was my entry in a painting league at another  miniatures forum.

In reference to the longstanding Peanuts theme of Linus sitting alone in the Pumpkin Patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin to come bringing gifts, Santa Claus-style.

pumpki.jpg?w=300

It's a pity for him that Halloween is all about the scary...and the Great Pumpkin probably is not a very nice being.

The miniatures are all by Reaper, the fences are from Mantic's Kings of War Vanguard terrain. I found the simplicity of the fences really helped to sell the story here. As one of the commenters in the LPL-post stated: "Less is more".

Lots more pics, but yah gotsa clicks!

191023-reaper-50042-townsfolk-modern-chi 191023-reaper-50042-townsfolk-modern-chi 191023-reaper-50042-townsfolk-modern-chi 191023-reaper-50042-townsfolk-modern-chi 191023-reaper-50042-townsfolk-modern-chi

Linus is from a pack of three minis called "Townsfolk: Modern Children", in the Chronoscope line. This model comes on a skateboard, which I cut away. The security blanket is rather ineptly "sculpted" by me in so-called brown stuff. This is the first time I used that putty and it was much more soft and floppy than expected before it set. At least I managed to avoid fingerprints.

Linus is usually clothed in a red t-shirt with thin black stripes, black shorts and brown shoes, I had to adapt it a bit as the model is wearing a jacket. The setting and the blanket should still make him recognizable.

The thin black stripes are drawn on with a fine tipped pen. The ink is a bit more reflective than I would like, leading to a lot of bright spots in the pictures.

Linus van Pelt

adapted from the skateboarder in

50042: Townsfolk Modern Children

Reaper Miniatures - Chronoscope series

Sculpted by Bobby Jackson

Made in Metal

25mm 3D-printed base.

available from reapermini.com

191023-reaper-77604-bonesylvanians-jack- 191023-reaper-77604-bonesylvanians-jack- 191023-reaper-77604-bonesylvanians-jack- 191023-reaper-77604-bonesylvanians-jack- 191023-reaper-77604-bonesylvanians-jack-

The Great Pumpkin, aka The Bonesylvanian Jack. Bonesylvanians are a series of superdeformed / Chibi horror-themed Bones miniatures made by Reaper. I believe they were first seen as add-ons in the Bones 3 kickstarter. I bought this one for this entry. It was actually quite fun to paint.

77604 Bonesylvanians: Jack

Reaper Miniatures - Bones KS3 2015

Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi

Made in Bonesium PVC

25mm 3D-printed base.

191023-reaper-bones-3-77537-grave-minion 191023-reaper-bones-3-77537-grave-minion 191023-reaper-bones-3-77537-grave-minion 191023-reaper-bones-3-77537-grave-minion 191023-reaper-bones-3-77537-grave-minion

The Grave Minions from the Graveyard Expanion of the Bones 3 KS.  I painted them in the colours of the three munchkins from the 1939 Wizard of Oz movie.

unchkin-e1572783821115.jpg?w=300 as that is what they reminded me of. Must be the collars.

77537 Grave Minions (3)

Reaper Miniatures - Bones KS3 2015

Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi

Made in Bonesium PVC

25mm 3D-printed bases.

191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol 191023-reaper-03377-rotpatch-pumpkin-gol

The mini is cast in one piece, and therefore a bit flat, as can be seen in the sideways pictures. To fill out the base, I added some pumpkins I downloaded from thingiverse and printed out.

Of course, there should have been vines going to all the pumpkin tops, but there wasn't time and I think it might just have muddled the impression a bit by making it too busy.

In all honesty, it looked a bit patchy until I added some of my autumn flock.

03377 Rotpatch, Pumpkin Golem

Reaper Miniatures

Sculpted by Jason Wiebe

Made in Metal

50mm base

191023-reaper-pumpkin-patch-conanb.jpg?w

ah-HAH! You fiends will not harm this innocent child!

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! LEGS DON'T FAIL ME NOW!

WONDERFUL idea, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this