Sign in to follow this  
OmenKitten

Looking for Lovecraft

I’m in love with the figures I’ve seen, but is there anywhere I can find a list of all the lovecraftian figures currently/futurely available from bones?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums.  You can try going to reapermini.com and searching for "mythos" as a start.  Lots of things should show up there.  Some of the names won't be the same for copyright reasons.

• Like 1

Hmm. That only returns three different figures. -sigh- oh well, I guess I’ll have to just settle for “if I think of it, I’ll search it.”

Also, lovecraft is public domain, no copyright. 

That won't necessarily stop certain entities from attempting to enforce it--and there are certain rights tied to gaming that are not generally "open".  But I am not a lawyer, and that is definitely lawyer territory.

The new store does not have all the tags that the old store had.

Bones 3 KS had a specific expansion for mythos creations.  If there's something specific you're looking for, chances are one of us knows what the official name is and can help you find it in the store.

• Like 1

Copyright? Depends on who you ask. Pretty much everything Lovecraft ever wrote is public domain anywhere but the US, yes. And some of what he wrote is public domain, even there.

But Arkham House and Chaosium will fight you on certain particulars. And it's really too nice a day to spend it arguing with lawyers.

That being said, there's a ton of Lovecraftian figures available in Bones, sure.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yeah, searching for specific names usually yields a model, (except one my guy is waiting for from bones 4 to be released), but I was just hoping to have more of a catch all. 

• Like 1

Don't forget to look for the old RAFM line! Lots of Cthulhu there.

• Like 2

There's a lot of deep ones in the line. 

Deep One High priest (03809, or in bones with a servitor 77520)

Deep ones.(03707, or 77519)

Then in bones there's

Father Dagon (77590)

Cthulhu (77194) (honorable mention the different sculpt was 02868/77113 as 'Eldritch demon')

Shub-Niggurath (77564)

Dark Young (77516)

Shoggoth (50248 or 77115)

Gug (50039 or 77524)

Gravewailer (03675 or 77521)

Mi-Go(77522)

I don't have the investiagors and cultist's numbers though, but they're all mostly human

More stuff not specifically mythos but defiantly fitting,

Mashaaf (77375)

Mudgullet (77581)

faceless horror(02838 or 77114)

Blabbering Horrors (03583)

Charnel Grub (03017 or 77226)

Dung Monster(02737)

Filth beast (77394)

Stone Lurker (03602 or 77227)

Darkspawn Cultist and minion (03438)

Any of the eyebeasts (02381,02016,02712,77043,03922,14537)

Mini Monsters (03595)

Any of the Bathalians (too many to list)

There are plenty more, but it takes some creative search terms.  

• Like 4

Cygnwulf is correct! 
I'd also say that of the Ghouls, 03716, 02450, and especially 02115 are more Pickman-ish and less D&D. But if you really want to dial up the canine/jackal aspect of mythos ghouls, look no further than Gromtar the Foul, 02165! 

You also have the Worm Corpse, 03023, and Xanthir Vang, 60193, for the Worm that Walks, warned of in the writings of Ibn Schacabao.

Besides cultists with the "cultist" tag, I'd also recommend 03571, Dulkathar, or Jos Gebblar, 14317, for a Wizard Whately type.

If you want a degenerate Martense from "The Lurking Fear," the Henchman from 02845, Gravedigger and Henchman, is pretty perfect--and you know that gravedigger is straight outta Arkham. 

The Crimson Herald, 03787, is a jim-dandy avatar of Hastur the Unspeakable, the King in Yellow. 

And then of course, searching the "pulp" tag will lead you to some doomed protagonists! 

On 11/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, OmenKitten said:

Hmm. That only returns three different figures. -sigh- oh well, I guess I’ll have to just settle for “if I think of it, I’ll search it.”

Also, lovecraft is public domain, no copyright. 

You can try "aberration" and "horror" too. Cthulhu pulled up like 5 figures.  Then I checked their tags.

Petersen Game's Cthulhu Wars has mythos plastic pieces.

Miniature Market has FFG's Arkham Horror miniatures on sale.

I love the Cthulhu Wars minis, but I invariably have to think hard about dropping two hundred American on a board game...

• Like 1

Get the new Bones catalog, it has all the pics of current stuff except for the last few months of Bones Black. There is quite a bit of useful stuff for you in there!