Sign in to follow this  
primeval

Reaper MSP for tiger fur?

Hey all, I have converted a miniature to represent a character from the old Kull comics - his sister, a warlord who wears a tiger fur outfit.....so I was wondering if I might get suggestions on what Reaper colors/triad might work best for tiger fur. There are lots of orange tones but I am having a hard time deciding what is best. Thanks in advance!

I'd lean a bit into the orange-ish browns, rather than true oranges (of course, there'll be some good on either side there).  I think (if it's the one I remember) the above pumpkin orange is a good base.  Their "orange" is usually more of a tawny or ginger.  Highlights close to white and deep browns will cause the tawny or orange (if you go that route) to look natural.  Orange can look over-bright and cartoony.

• Like 3

@Wise Kraken painted a tiger person recently and I believe he used pumpkin orange as the base color with intense brown or other orange-browns.  Walnut brown for the stripes, I think.  Pumpkin orange is limited edition, I think, which is a real shame since it's so useful.  

• Like 2

Thanks all - I have the Red Hair triad, so will probably go with that, but if I can find some Pumpkin Orange I will try that as well!

• Like 2