Sign in to follow this  
Lihmeth

TTCombat Halfling Adventurers

Hello :)

First time posting some of my painted stuff here, but I'd like some feedback. These two are the halfling sorceress and pirate adventurers from TTCombat's Halflings and Fantasy Friends kickstarter.

They're my first resin models, and while fragile, they do have amazing detail. They're painted with vallejo paints, I recently got the vallejo nocturna red and skintone sets. They come with very nice guides as well.

The sorceress is meant to be holding some sort of floating light source in her hand, so I tried to shade her with that in mind.

1330139554_HalflingSorceressfront.jpg.d09240a2439f3b5fde11b1ae9f7b73b0.jpg60773118_HalflingSorceressback.jpg.fd41fdbc20cbc0679f536cb107944bf4.jpg

The pirate has a teeny monkey peeking out behind her feet :D so cute

1481129626_HalflingPiratefrontwmonkey.jpg.dc8222c7ef6de61d551dcce9469ea50a.jpg712596772_HalflingPiratefront.jpg.e1a05553de6bbb862b675eb495eb5819.jpg140908945_HalflingPirateback.jpg.4aa56f7d659714432177d731557a5818.jpg

Cheers,

Lihmeth

Edited by Lihmeth
added tags
  • Like 14

Thank you :)

I do plan on doing so, yes. Just haven't decided how yet. For the pirate I was thinking just a simple wooden floor, perhaps with a coiled rope. The sorceress though... no clue.

For now I'm just going to leave them as is, paint a few more of these guys (monk, warlock and rogue are next) and then probably base them all at once.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickstaterii/tag-halfling-yeomen-of-the-yard

TAG - Halfling Yeomen of the Yard.
      28mm sized, Halfling Rooster Rider Miniatures for RPGs and Old-School Fantasy battles.
              About
      The Yeomen of the Yard.
      Join the TAG ChickStarter II
      Help us launch, The Yeomen of the Yard, Halfling Knights on armoured Rooster mounts.
      Ten 28mm Halfling miniatures, and four different armoured Roosters, with an Old School... favour.
        These new multi part models will be released as 6 packs.
      These are the full details.
      Halfling Wizard mounted & foot Halfling Lord mounted & foot Halfling Yeoman hero & herald Halfling Yeomen of the Yard Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Armoured Roosters Pledge Levels
      Pledge £9.00
      Any one pack chosen from the six.
      Just want the Roosters, or one of the Characters takes your fancy? Then this is the Pledge for you.
      Pledge £18.00
      Something of a dabbler?
      Why not Pledge for any two packs that might suit your needs, check them out against your current models… see if they paint up well? 
      Very shrewd…
      Pledging £18.00 gives you this choice…
      Pledge £42.00
      Forget the fluff, all the meat. Ten mounted Halflings. A unit of hard-hitting armoured halflings on Roosters. Ideal for (s)mash-mouth wargamers…
      · Halfling Yeoman hero & herald · Halfling Yeomen of the Yard x 3 · Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Plus, because we’re nice, we’ll add a Freebie miniature too... and... err...
       FREE SHIPPING! 
      Pledge £45.00
      One of each of the new models. Ten different halflings, eight mounted and two foot, plus, one of each of the Roosters extra. Covers all the bases.
      Halfling Wizard mounted & foot Halfling Lord mounted & foot  Halfling Yeoman hero & herald  Halfling Yeomen of the Yard  Halfling Yeoman standard bearer & guard Armoured Roosters  Plus, an exclusive Freebie miniature, & FREE SHIPPING!
      Pledge £80.00
      Two Units, or a Unit and a One of each & an extra pack of Roosters... or ten packs of Roosters (?!?) or any combination of ten packs that you’d care to put together.
      Plus two Freebies... & FREE SHIPPING!
      FREEBIE miniatures!
      TAG are giving away one Freebie Miniature with this Kickstarter. Currently its one for every approximately £45 Pledged. 
      Halfling Captain  Halfling Bard  You'll be free to choose which one of these you would like added for free, or you could choose from any on the TAG Freebie List, or you could exchange them for more minis for the range.
      Stretch Goals.
      £1000 – Double Up on Freebies. Instead of one Freebie we’ll double that up to two at the £42/£45 Levels, and 4 at the £80.00 Pledge level.
      £2000 – Make Exclusive Kickstarter Only mini. Previously on Kickstarter, we’ve sculpted some Exclusive minis for our Dwarves, Halfling and Zombies… at £1000, we’ll do this again and add the strictly limited-edition model, at all Pledge Levels.
      £3000 – Triple Freebies We’ve got a huge list, you’re welcome to pick form any of them. We'll add 3 at the £42/£45 Levels and 6 at the £80.00 Pledge Level.
      Shipping
      Postage on both the small Pledges is based on destination Country. 
      £4.00 for UK delivery,  £5.00 for EU,  £6.00 for Rest of the World destination. At the £42.00 level and above, all shipping, world wide is FREE!
      Delivery
      All Pledges will be Shipped by UK Post or UPS in January 2020
      Mini Size
      We here at TAG know that mini size and compatibility is very important to gamers so in an effort to show you  the size of our Halflings, I've scanned one here next to my old-school ruler... 
      ...and the Roosters too...
      Risks and challenges
      TAG, are a recognized miniature manufacturer of long standing, In the past 18 years once we commit to a Project, we always complete.
      As such we don't envisage any massive issue with this small ( 6 packs) Kickstarter.
      We have the Original models moulded, master-cast, and in pre-production, ready to move to full production, if and when, full Funding takes place.
      We have our own professional Mail Order facilities, and have completed on over a dozen Kickstarters, for TAG, and for many other small scale mini retailers here in the UK.
      As always, I'm sure there are a few ways we could cluck this up, but we promise that we'll work really hard, to make this a success, and if we don't you can give us a 'basting' on social media.
    • By Maledrakh
      The next batch of little tykes off the 2018 TTCombat Halflings and Fantasy Friends-kickstarter:

more pics beneath the click

• By Maledrakh
      Late last year TTCombat, the wargaming supplies branch of Troll Trader, the large and successful British miniatures shop on Ebay, held a kickstarter campaign called "Halflings and Fantasy Friends".
      This campaign featured... well, Halflings for the most part (duh!) and also a buch of monsters. All in a cartoony style, in resin and all at suspiciously low prices for a large quantity of minis. As in £60 for over 100 models! In resin! (even though they are halfling sized, that still is insane pricing.)
      Since TTCombat is well known for making inexpensive but fair-to-good quality stuff (mostly MDF terrain and such up until now) and has Troll Trader behind it, I turned a blind eye to the waving red flag of Too Good To Be True prices and took the chance, going for the RPG pledge and a couple of packs of monsters. The RPG pledge consisted of 10 or 5 each of a number of hafling types and undead halfling types, plus a general and a necromancer mini.
      And I am happy to say that not only did TTCombat deliver more or less on time (only a shortish delay on this one!), but also the minis are good quality in a resin with a slight flex to it (I suspect it is the same kind that Mantic uses) and that is both easy to work with and quite forgiving if you drop the model.
      Here are the first ones I have finished, the 10 halfling ghosts:

There were three different versions, but the collation was not optimal. I got only 1 of the middle one, 4 and 5 of the other two types. I believe the collation is better in the other unit types I got.

No! Boogermen! Stay away from me!
      I really had no issues with preparing the models for painting, apart from one of the three ghost types having a thick gate going up under the skirt, so to speak. Luckily they came off with a little snipping without damaging the models. I did not need to break out the saw. Lots of vents to snip off, but they did so without any problems. Very little mould lines or bubbles. The worst was actually getting the mould release agent (some kind of silicon) off the minis, a simple scrub-a-dub-dub was not enough for some of the models.
      This lead to the undercoat being partly rejected on parts of a few of the models. A further coat on the affected areas did the trick though.
      The minis came with square bases. I used my own 3D printed 20mm rounds instead.
      The resin they were made of was white and light grey, so I painted these with a black undercoat, so I could see that everything was covered. They I gave them a heavy white zenithal, so they were mostly whiteish.
      At last I could use that Nighthaunt technical paint ( I wonder if this actually is more or less the same as the new Contrast paints? I do not have any contrast paints so I can't really check.)  I gave them all a goodly coat of that, drawing away the larger pooling with a damp brush.
      When this was dry I thought they were too pale, so I drybrushed them carefully with Reaper Clear Yellow using a flat brush. This gave the much brighter, almost glowing effect I was after. I painted parts of the chains with a bit of Scalecolor Trash Metal to highlight them a bit as translucent metal.
      Experimenting with different eye colours, I settled on blue-in-blue, as I thought it looked the best to carry across that these are mostly lost souls endlessly looking for their second breakfasts and not really all that evilly wrathful.
      They are cute little tykes. Albeit in a cartoony style.

Halflings Spirits
      TTCombat 2018/2019
      Resin
      20mm bases
      Should become available from TTCombat in the future.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Have to say I’m quite liking some of these halflings:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2052977442/halflings-and-fantasy-friends?ref=project_build#

Just a few pics of some of the minis and concepts. A lot more are on the kickstarter site.
      Curiously, no women folk though.

• By Lidless Eye
      My latest project was decided by a combination of the upcoming Blood Bowl team being named in my honor and wanting to do some Wee Folk in time for Saint Patrick's.  The Assault Group made a group of lovely Oldhammer styled Halflings that fit the bill.

They're painted in a slightly updated version of my original Empire colors.

They also had an option for Zombie versions of the Halfling Militia!

• Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 311 Guests (See full list)