Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Looted Titan Claw

Never thought I would say this about an irk vehicle but that is a thing of beauty, well done mate

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      I've been teasing this project way longer than I should have. I honestly just kept forgetting to pick up some lasguns. Really that's all that delayed this project for so long. But before we jump into it I figured I'd give a little context to the project. 

As the lore says some humans have defected leaving the Imperium of man and joining the Tau. Though I don't know a ton of Tau players every one I have met has at least one unit of human defectors in their army. My friend is no exception to this, but as I play Guard exclusively he really likes to point them out every chance he gets. 

I had no plans whatsoever to fight fire with fire, at least on this particular joke. I was content to let him have this one as I always had my "Fabulous" squad and segways on the field whenever I played him(and I can happily report that both squads tend to do really well against him). The bits bin however had other plans. 

A few months before my wife and I found a house and subsequently moved I came across a squad of Tau for about eight bucks. They were fully assembled save their arms, but all the neccessary parts were there. I originally picked them up as a gift for my friend, a potential trade, or for something new to paint. I really didn't have a specific idea for them and for that reason they remained tucked away in my desk.

As I was just figuring out if my next Guardsmen project would be a squad of PDF or a big batch of conscripts it hit me. What about a Tau prisoner squad? At first I liked the idea as it was basically the same concept with just that little twist. It certainly fit the lore better than Tau defecting to the Imperium. It also seemed way more likely the Imperium would utilize them in that way. I could already hear my friends jokes however as they'd only be fighting on my side because they were forced to. So ignoring the lore and logic I went with regular defectors instead. 

First up I had to equip them with lasguns. I'll admit I thought about how to do that way longer than was necessary. There are indeed many ways to do it, but I figured the easiest way was to simply cut their regular guns just beyond where the hands held them. Then all I had to do was glue a lasgun to it, greenstuff the seams and call it a day. It wouldn't look amazing but it would suffice. It'd also give me a chance to practice with greenstuff. 

It did cause another problem however. Most of the secondary arms were designed to cradle the bottom of their guns. Their cupped hands didn't exactly fit the bulkier lasguns. They were perfect for holding grenades however. 

Well here they are primed and ready to paint. 

I'm not very good when it comes to green stuff but I'm hoping a paintjob might be able to hide some of the flaws. I know there are only nine, but I plan to take them with a regular Guard sergeant. They may be defectors but someone has to watch them.
    • By Rat13
      My wife finally came to some decisions on the direction of her army. Which meant I could finally start buying said army. After watching for awhile I finally stumbled across some auctions that were right up her alley. I even managed to win a few and now I can finally "build" her army (as a lot came from the auction site this is mostly just painting them but some will need assembly). 

As the title suggests I'd like to complete this project in a year or less. As my army took about a year to "finish" I'd be remiss if I didn't try to finish her's in a similar time frame. That and I know I'd never hear the end of it from my gaming friends if her army took longer, my wife on the other hand probably wouldn't care. As of this post she has most of her army and can start playing and learning the larger game and that's all she really cares about.

To start the project I went through all the figures and selected a few to paint first. Basically I went through everything and selected all the unique models i.e. the ones with odd bits, poses, or modifications. I even grabbed a few vintage models for this starting lineup. With everything primed during an unexpected winter reprieve it's time to begin.

I started off with just a single model deciding it would get a little special attention. Unfortunately I put way too much yellow on my palette so I spent most of my time adding the yellow basecoat to everything else. 

Once that was finished I came back to that first model and finished off its "special" detail.
      I think it gives it a nice little extra something, but maybe I'm wrong.

So let's see if a year is enough time to finish a Waaagh.
    • By aku-chan
      The Undying King is a nameless monarch from a long forgotten kingdom, whose quest for immortality saw him and his subjects turned into war machines conscripted to fight an endless war.

(In actuality this is Katakros - Mortarch of the Necropolis from Games Workshop)

Eventually the whole thing will look like this:-

But at the moment it looks like this:-

I probably could have done with leaving things in even more bits (painting the inside of those capes is going to be a nightmare), but that's a problem for future me.
      Starting on the base:-

Did all the grey rocks with a basecoat of Cold Grey, a wash of Black Wash and drybrushes of Cold Grey and Ghost Grey.

There's some rocks I want to do as a blue-grey, that's the next task.
    • By lazarp
      This one was painted for a Frostgrave facebook group challenge, the theme was "undead"

My sister uses these guys in her vampire warband for frostgrave and mordheim, so I decided to paint one of them 

By the way it is around my one year anniversary on the forum, I'm really happy that I've discovered this place about a year ago, it has been a place of inspiration and helpful feedback for me and I hope it will stay the same for the next year 
      Cheers and happy holidays to you all! 
    • By aku-chan
      Field agents of the Inquisition, Crusaders are warriors trained in some of the finest military academies in the galaxy.
      They provide any group they are assigned to a wealth of knowledge and experience, and a worrisome reminder that the Inquisition is always watching.

Presenting Hugo the Crusader, a character class from Warhammer 40k by Games Workshop (this particular one is from the Blackstone Fortress standalone game).

This one proved quite tricky, made the classic mistake of getting him assembled and based before checking to see if I could actually get into all his nooks and crannies. He turned out quite good though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)