• Forum Mascot

This was a very cool read, thanks for posting it!  The new sculpt of Goroloth you created is one I absolutely love.  The originals weren't terrible or anything, but didn't have quite the look I wanted.  This new one is a 10/10 across the board.  I love it, I want it, and I want everyone else to love it and want it too!  I know it might be hard to believe, but I can be a bit of a loudmouth.  It's troo!  And I'm the kind of person who, if I really love something or really hate something, then everybody is going to know (sometimes for years - I might stop ranting about Warlord's awful resin Sdkfz.231 before 2030... maybe).

I love this.  Because I love this, I'm going to push it hard like I'm getting a percentage.  I might even push it harder than the Buglips figure!  The backstory only makes it better, because now I know you had some doubts about pulling it off.  You did, it's amazing, and whoever is reading this post you need to go and get one right now!  You'll regret it forever if you don't.  Your life will have an empty void that can only be filled by this awesome Goroloth.  Heck, if I didn't have to wait two years for it to arrive I'd give everyone I know one for Christmas.  Even if they don't paint miniatures or know what a Goroloth is.   If you ever see a news report that some crazy dude got arrested for hurling tentacle-fish into passing cars, that will be me.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
35 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

This was a very cool read, thanks for posting it!  The new sculpt of Goroloth you created is one I absolutely love.  The originals weren't terrible or anything, but didn't have quite the look I wanted.  This new one is a 10/10 across the board.  I love it, I want it, and I want everyone else to love it and want it too!  I know it might be hard to believe, but I can be a bit of a loudmouth.  It's troo!  And I'm the kind of person who, if I really love something or really hate something, then everybody is going to know (sometimes for years - I might stop ranting about Warlord's awful resin Sdkfz.231 before 2030... maybe).

I love this.  Because I love this, I'm going to push it hard like I'm getting a percentage.  I might even push it harder than the Buglips figure!  The backstory only makes it better, because now I know you had some doubts about pulling it off.  You did, it's amazing, and whoever is reading this post you need to go and get one right now!  You'll regret it forever if you don't.  Your life will have an empty void that can only be filled by this awesome Goroloth.  Heck, if I didn't have to wait two years for it to arrive I'd give everyone I know one for Christmas.  Even if they don't paint miniatures or know what a Goroloth is.   If you ever see a news report that some crazy dude got arrested for hurling tentacle-fish into passing cars, that will be me.   

:lol:

Thanks, I needed that!  It's been a rough morning.

• Like 10

Andrew, you are a gifted sculptor and I, like so many others, really enjoy seeing the process that you use developing these wonderful works of art. We will have to start bugging Ron to make a gorgonopsid, because I need it for a Starfinder Shotalasu Mount.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@TaleSpinner I have said it before and I'll say it again, there are many good sculptors out there.

To me you are one of my favorites.

I didn't even know you sculpted them but Arakoth and the Goroloth were the first creatures I spotted in Bones V that I knew I had  to have.

I'm also happy to see the Dolphins in the Dark Depths Set.

A while ago I painted the awesome Komodo Dragon ( Seriously people, get one, It's awesome!) I love the realistic style you have.

I'm happy to see that you were able to pull this off in digital and that you could stay true to your style.

In the Bones I like to see Thread / Minis I like to See Thread I've been pestering Reaper for a long time for Prehistoric animals since I think that there were some fantastic looking creatures that would be useful in any setting.

Since more forumites agreed and put in their efforts I'm happy to see that things have been set in motion.

I mean we did have a whole Lost Valley Set in Bones IV and a Mammoth in the Bones IV Fan Favorites Set, and now in Bones V a Dunkleosteus and a War Mammoth ( such an adaption to Fantasy is awesome). 

I like the inclusion of Sharks, Dolphins and the Moray Eel as well.

Nature  and History are full of awesome creatures that we can use.

I really really hope Reaper will let you sculpt a Gorgonopsid and maybe more of the awesome ancient creatures.

I'm sure there will be many people who would love them even those who don't know what it is.

Some people will use them as Warbeasts or Mounts, others as a Monster.

Anyway, I steered of course here, I guess.

Just keep sculpting Andrew! I love your work, and I also love the stuff you did for Dark Sword and Dark Fable, very cool stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the history, Andy! I'll echo what others have said: I love the Goroloth, and I was happy to see it early in the Bones V campaign. It was one of the first things in the project that grabbed me as new, different, and must-have. I doubt I'll ever stop buying dragons and other mythical beasts, but there is no shortage of those in the industry. A 'plausible' feeling ancient, alien, fish-monster is much rarer.

I don't know that I trust myself to actually paint two of them, but I already have a picture in my head for how I want to paint the first one.

I'd love to see a Gorgonopsid (or better,  a group 3 in varied poses). Maybe you and Wiebe should just get together and negotiate how to divide up your favorite ancient critters ahead of time. :B):

• Like 4

You do lovely sculpts.

I  am all for Permian creatures. They are amazing and it is fun to imagine what could have been. 
Dinosaurs are boring. 

Just look at the Diplocaulus, Edaphosaurus, Suminia or Lycosuchus.
That is without going into the ocean biome, let alone the deep dark depths of the abyss (which we don't really know about now let alone the past).

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I will agree, dinosaurs are something we need more of, and in proper scale. 

I've been working ridiculously long hours since march, but I wanted to say your Goroloth is a favorite.  I couldn't back Bones V, but when it hits retail, I'm going to be getting one.  And the massive spider.  OMG. 

If you can get Reaper to do the prehistorics, I think you have a number of us who would be very happy.  Especially if we can get them in Bones, that would be amazing.  Lost Valley II?  Dire Horseshoe Crab (with giant stinger?). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1