Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Breast Cancer Pink

Whatever you need a pink for? Your mileage may vary? It is a most basic pink; bubble gum, cutesie flowers, cotton candy... usual pink stuff. If you don't use pink much, then you won't need it much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Whatever you need a pink for? Your mileage may vary? It is a most basic pink; bubble gum, cutesie flowers, cotton candy... usual pink stuff. If you don't use pink much, then you won't need it much.

One word:

SLAANESH

image.png.26c94dae5273e116c742c540025d5850.png

• Like 9

14 hours ago, rubegon said:

What happens when you mix it with green?  Does it make brown?

Depends on the green and the mix ratio. In general you'll be looking at a gray, desaturated pink or desaturated green/beige.

(Red is the complement of green, so mixing them will give a chromatic black. Pink is red plus white, so pink plus green gives you chromatic black plus white, or gray.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rignes said:

So, I got a Breast Cancer Awareness Pink in my last order.  It's a neat pink, but I'm finding it hard to think of ways to use it. 

What uses have you all found for it?

pictures will have to wait until I get home, but I have used it as a base coat under clear magenta for the skin of a robot, slaaneshi armor, highlights on red demon skin, hair/smoke on the bones genie, shadows on bright pink/white hair, mixed with pale flesh for lips, a little glow on the red eye of a modron, mixed with flesh for the skin of a pig, washed over with greys and greens for orc skin, highlighting purples, and used with ashen rose to paint flowers.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
and I still haven't gotten through one full bottle...
  • Like 4

Thanks.  It seems like a color that won't be used much.  I was thinking of mixing it with flesh to get a pinkish color for a small exposed brain on a figure but I imagine one bottle will last a long long time.  I just need to get more confident in my mixing abilities.

• Like 2

Lipstick, brains, sweater-vest and skirt for some modern models, kimonos, and the like. Haven't painted anything that uses just acres of it yet though. 

• Like 4

I should have thought of using it for lips.  You are the 2nd one to mention it. Seems so obvious in hindsight. :)

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, rubegon said:

What happens when you mix it with green?  Does it make brown?

Depends on the exact green you use (and the amount). The most likely cases are this:
- a desaturated pink Or green (depends on the amount of each colour mixed in) that is slightly lightened due to the white in the pink.

- if you get the correct green you should be able to make a Grey or at the very least a whole lot of warm greys (more pink) or cooler greys (more green).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just did these Reaper Bones Deep Ones last night!  Bonus double booby paint - I used Drow Nipple Pink on the back spines!

B593F2C9-D952-4968-8B68-9BDFA37D5406.thumb.jpeg.507d5a80dfed9edaaf8f325bda51bbb8.jpeg

FDF51799-6ED3-4CD2-8FF3-8694E3F86D90.thumb.jpeg.f43ad65f795621814e637da8d2ddbd90.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for the idea of using it on robots! This will work well on one I wanted to do for Starfinder but was coming up blank on what colors to use.

• Like 2