Sign in to follow this  
kristof65

Kristof65's Raider Planetary Exploration Vehicles

Very cool!  Is that 5 different designs?  What scale are they for?  If you had another thread talking about development, I've not read it.  The idea of mimicking your wife's school bus is a good one.  Nicely done. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sentinel said:

Very cool!  Is that 5 different designs?  What scale are they for?  If you had another thread talking about development, I've not read it.  The idea of mimicking your wife's school bus is a good one.  Nicely done. 

Thanks.

It's modular. 3 different cab variants and a dozen or so rear ends. 28mm heroic- these are supposed to be BIG units though.

The thread is Kristof's Cars in the Sculpting thread, here is the post where I start showing the Raider:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79283-kristofs-cars/&do=findComment&comment=1850218

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Figured I'd put together one big thread of my recently finished 3D prints.  Everything was printed on an Elegoo Mars.

Titan Behemoth from Duncan Shadow Louca:

Cyclops Behemoth, also from Duncan Shadow Louca:

A scale shot of those two, with Sir Forscale and a not-Johann the Running Man as my plastic one is broken:

Which leads into:

"You don't STINK like a peasant." "You don't DRESS like a peasant." "And you're definitely not ON FIRE like a peasant."
      Fleeing Peasants off Thingiverse:

"So yeah, the treasure chest gets up and decks you."

Brawler Mimics off Thingiverse:

Vapour Snakes off Thingiverse:

Spell Effects from Vae Victis:

Cook, also from Vae Victis:

Angry Barmaid, from Titan Forge

Urd, from The Lost Dragons

• By MusicalFeline
      So, first off, sorry if this is in the wrong category. Wasn’t sure which one to put it in, so.... Here it is.

As I’ve been painting for a while, the thought of “hey, maybe I should print my own minis” popped into my head. I pursued this thought a while, and then determined that yeah,  I should probably go ask the professionals. So, here I am, rapid-firing questions like a nitwit.

First of all, what are some of the pros and cons? It would seem that it’d be cheaper in the long haul, but don’t you have to buy the 3D model as well? (But MF, you could finally make those minis you’ve made in your spare time on Hero Forge.......)... What are some of y’all’s pros and cons?

Second off, what printer? From my research, it seems that resin provides the most detail, but is more expensive, so I’d like to avoid it if at all possible. I’ve heard that the Creality Ender 3 seems to be best for the rookie on a budget (which I am in the largest sense of the word), but is it really?

Lastly, is it actually worth it in the end? In both the regards of pleasure with the final product and economically?

All thoughts and advice is needed and appreciated! Thanks, all!
    • By Lidless Eye
      I figured I'd do one mega-gallery of the first of my resin 3D printed miniatures.  All are done on an Elegoo Mars.

Oni Kyojin from Artisan Guild.  My first printed, as they were pre-supported.

Rangers of Shadow Deep: Incinerator left me with a hankering for an old-school Ogre.  This guy is not really a Heroquest Ogre but a 3D print from a scan of one.

Demihuman Zombies from DuncanShadow:

Kobolds from DuncanShadow:

Warforged from Fabio Schizzo:

Orcs from Artisan Guild:

An assorted collection from The Lost Dragons Kickstarter.

A Dragonborn Paladin and High Elf Druid representing my sister in law and her husband's characters for our Storm King's Thunder campaign from said assortment:

• By Kangaroorex
      I had a couple of merchant ships 3d printed for me and while I was at it I thought I would paint up the merchant ships I have from the old Firestorm Armada game.

So from Battlefleet Gothic we have
      2 general merchants
      3 container transports
      4 gas transports

The 3d printing is a little too obvious for my tastes in the ship and there were just too many details for sanding or filling.  I would have liked the print to be finer but this was the first time, we can see what happens in the future.  Overall it was fun to rip apart all the supports and see the ship show up underneath.  I am happy with the results and they will make a nice little convoy to protect for scenerios in either BFG or Firestorm or any of the other space combat games out there.

From firestorm armada we have
      2 luxury liners
      2 cargo transports
      1 gas mining and refinery ship.

hope you like them

• By Illithar
      Has anyone tried stripping paint from a photo resin miniature? I have one that I... well I messed up on it and It's not really salvageable now unless I can get the paint off. I've heard Simple Green is safe-ish for regular resin (I have read stories of softening and becoming more brittle after re-hardening), but I am not sure if photo resin would be any different. Are there any other cleaners that I might try or should I just dunk it in Simple Green and hope for the best?
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)