Sign in to follow this  

So. I decided to try and make some ponds... Maybe with other water features.

I have 2 silicone mats and several hot glue guns. I used both and used a fondant roller to flatten things out.

I'm going to try a few things. This is about 1-1.5in x 2+in

20191110_225535.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 7

Next thing will be to see if I can cover that seam with medium. Then I'll use a light phtalo to color one side. I'll take a pic of that step.

I also have some cheap silicone straws I might try. See if I can get a nice cylinder, freeze the straw to force it out (if it won't come out in its own).

• Like 1

So today I got this fake potted plant from the dollar store that gives me 9 big bunches and 2 little ones. I'll be making 6 trees and 5 jungle /underwater plants.

Cork is for size. I am aiming to do straw Experiments tonight and will use that for a trunk if successful.

20191122_215656.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 3

First attempts at trunks. I'm learning things.  Don't think I can do more than 2 inches. Also I tried to do something thicker. I glued some sticks together to try for more surface for rolling.

20191122_222336.jpg

20191122_222635.jpg

20191122_224810.jpg

20191122_224751.jpg

• Like 1

Learning some more stuff. Definitely hard to get more than 1 inch.

Good for stalactites and stalagmites I think. Apparently I didn't take a picture of the good bit.

I will have some very weird little trees I think.

Using 4 sticks of glue (2 fitted together & 2 guns ) doesnt create a bigger surface, and it's about all I could hope to actually roll flat before it hardens but it looks better. Next to try fitting stuff together.

20191123_143839.jpg

20191123_145055.jpg

• Like 2

I was thinking more connected stalactite/mite. But I AM going to try and do some trunks like that. Just  less extremely alien.

• Like 3